You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
sansfaille

0.8.0 Postponed

78 comments in this topic

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,703 posts

NA NA NA NA NA

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/080-postponed-announcement/

Postpone man, Postpone man...

The third session of the Public test version 0.8.0 will start soon. This update will present the most important change in recent times - a new kind of CV gameplay.

Since we launched the first open beta, we have made many improvements and changes, fixed bugs, worked on the balance and stability of the version. Most of them have been made thanks to your feedback, comments and suggestions.

We have also taken into account the feedback from the first and second session of the Public test 0.8.0 and want to work a little more on the version. Therefore, Update 0.8.0 will be released one week later. The game will be updated not on January 23 and 24, as planned, but at the end of the month – on January 30 and 31, depending on the server (for EU it will be January 31).

Planned improvements associated with the AA mechanics include:

• Addition of more visual effects for AA fire when the ‘Defensive AA Fire’ consumable is activated. 
  • Creation of a visual priority AA sector, showing where AA fire is concentrated.  
  • Removal of the patrol zone of a fighter for destroyers, cruisers and battleships from the minimap as this information is of little use and can confuse and pollute the minimap. In this case, the fighters will still be displayed in the game world, allowing players to use them as a cover from enemy aircraft;
  • Changing the mechanics of the priority sector: now it will not increase the number of explosions, but the constant average damage per minute.

What will happen to the activities rolled out in version 0.7.12?

They will be extended, and you will have an additional week to:

• Fight in Clan battles.
  • "Knock off" your remaining snowflakes.
  • Complete the event "In the Name of His Highness!" and receive the premium battleship tier VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich.
  • Participate in the "Mighty Prinz" Campaign, earning yourself the five researchable Tier VI ships with permanent New Year-inspired camouflage.

However, please note that the combat missions "Nerves of Steel" will expire as initially planned and will not be available for completion after January 25.

Thank you for your patience and attention. See you in battle!

Action Stations!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
1 minute ago, sansfaille said:

Heard on  stream that the CV rework patch has been postponed. Is it confirmed? 

Nothing that I have seen. This patch is 5 weeks long because of the PEF campaign. It is scheduled for Wednesday, January 23rd.

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
10,098 posts

This part should make those grinding towards PEF pretty happy or finishing the campaigns etc.

• Fight in Clan battles.
  • Complete the event "In the Name of His Highness!" and receive the premium battleship tier VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich.
  • Participate in the "Mighty Prinz" Campaign, earning yourself the five researchable Tier VI ships with permanent New Year-inspired camouflage.
Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

[FARQD]
Members
482 posts
6,864 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nothing that I have seen. This patch is 5 weeks long because of the PEF campaign. It is scheduled for Wednesday, January 23rd.

Updated the post :)

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,813 battles

I'm happy to hear this.  The more work put into making the CV rework at good as possible, the better.

• Cool 4

[WOLFC]
Members
767 posts
7,357 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

• Fight in Clan battles.

This was the key thing I was hearing ... good news for those busting their tail to complete.

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
1 minute ago, sansfaille said:

Updated the post :)

I updated the PSA with Rips post and article.

• Cool 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,703 posts

Best one (for folks who want to CV and have the missions done)

Changing the mechanics of the priority sector: now it will not increase the number of explosions, but the constant average damage per minute.

Simply put R2 meant instant death for entire flights if you turned wrong through flak.  This change will just make it more friendly.

• Cool 1

[-IRS-]
[-IRS-]
Beta Testers
132 posts
3,040 battles

I hope they plan to buff constant AA DPS, otherwise on some ships AA really won't be worth having. Namely DDs who have merely double digits for AA DPS. Either that or the DPS modifier for re-enforcement has got to be crazy huge.

Community Department
2,346 posts
597 battles