Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

So are secondary builds on BBs going to be worthless in 8.0?

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

285
[WOLFC]
Members
567 posts
1,600 battles

hearing about the nerf to AFT and such, it worries me that this maxed secondary capt on my Mass is going to be completely useless now.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,962
[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
1 minute ago, Legio_X_ said:

hearing about the nerf to AFT and such, it worries me that this maxed secondary capt on my Mass is going to be completely useless now.

AFT is losing the buff to AA range and getting a bonus to AA damage instead. The range buff to main guns and secondary guns stays the same.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,108
[5BS]
Members
5,681 posts
5 minutes ago, Darthvader_9 said:

when does the update come out?

Likely next week, Wednesday or Thursday. They'll likely announce the Pt3 PTS some time today to start tomorrow after noon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47
[RE]
Members
489 posts
19,066 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Likely next week, Wednesday or Thursday. They'll likely announce the Pt3 PTS some time today to start tomorrow after noon.

:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[OKM]
Members
160 posts
2,312 battles
18 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

hearing about the nerf to AFT and such, it worries me that this maxed secondary capt on my Mass is going to be completely useless now.

Not like they were already great in the current meta. The new AA system seems to put more emphasis on grouping together, so one can assume that solo brawling will be dead (like any kind of solo, whatever your ship is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,962
[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
12 minutes ago, Darthvader_9 said:

when does the update come out?

Scheduled for Wednesday, January 23rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
424 posts
4,267 battles
26 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Not like they were already great in the current meta. The new AA system seems to put more emphasis on grouping together, so one can assume that solo brawling will be dead (like any kind of solo, whatever your ship is).

So basically the lemmings train is going to be the new normal, and RNGusus help you if you're in a slow BB.:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,754
[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,813 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Likely next week, Wednesday or Thursday. They'll likely announce the Pt3 PTS some time today to start tomorrow after noon.

Here's hoping they extend the PTS to Part 4, 5 6, or even 10 and delay the update, so they can get this one as right as possible out of the gate.  This may be the most significant patch in WoWS history.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,346 posts
597 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Scheduled for Wednesday, January 23rd.

Thank for the answers. I'd like to add , that the Update 0.8.0 was postponed:
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/080-postponed-announcement/ 
It will be released one week later - on January 30 and 31, depending on the server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,962
[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
1 minute ago, turbo07 said:

Thank for the answers. I'd like to add , that the Update 0.8.0 was postponed:
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/080-postponed-announcement/ 
It will be released one week later - on January 30 and 31, depending on the server.

Yep, just got that notice in another thread. Thank you. I updated the PSA thread.

Rip posted too.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,638
[RKLES]
Members
8,340 posts
10,570 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

AFT is losing the buff to AA range and getting a bonus to AA damage instead. The range buff to main guns and secondary guns stays the same.

Lol yeah the playerbase would never forgive Wargaming if they did reworked CVs, nerfed AA range, and nerfed secondary range. Far too many ships rely on the AFT secondary range for offensive purposes like in German BBs and the Massachusetts, and some like my Missouri mainly use the Secondaries for some defense if a DD is closing in way too close for a torp run, your Secondaries can spook them a little, or sometimes even Missouri can use them to Secondary brawl if you managed to some how get close enough.

What is really hillarious is some CAs can Secondary brawl a little as well. So all in all AFT remaining as it is is good for everyone since it can make you feel little better on defense, offense or both. It also encourages players to move up and get close to the enemy since sitting 20km away does not get you awards, signal flags, or extra damage which gets you better rewards. Getting close gets you often well deserved rewards.

I can understand why the reduction to +15% AA range instead of the former +20% AA range though, they need to try and balance the new CVs. Which can be difficult if some ships get AA that stretches out over 7km, which equates to no fly zone 14km in diameter. And if the AA range reduction becomes a problem they can always put it back to normal later. Another trick is if say 3 really good AA CAs find some nice island cover where their AA zones can be stacked side be side in a line you can end up with AA zone over 14km deep, 30+km wide ( assuming they were able to get positioned so the edges of their AA zones overlapped nicely), and with island cover possibly no easy way to knock them out. I have been both the “no fly zone” ship and on the side of being a CV facing such obstacles, so I understand both sides of it.

Although while I know which ships Wargaming is concerned about the AA stretching so far out on, I am a little nervous about some of my BBs that rely on every meter of AA coverage they can get innthe hopes of knocking down some planes thanks to AFT since not every ship can afford to take AA range mod and remain an effective surface combatant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,638
[RKLES]
Members
8,340 posts
10,570 battles
11 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Thank for the answers. I'd like to add , that the Update 0.8.0 was postponed:
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/080-postponed-announcement/ 
It will be released one week later - on January 30 and 31, depending on the server.

Thank you Turbo! Just saw that in the in game news and think it’s awesome idea since it gives us more time to prepare our fleets of ships with AA improvements to deal with the upcoming CV meta. Or to finish grinding through ships that will be too risky to use during the initial CV surge post update. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
713 posts
4,329 battles

kinda funny to think that many ships DP guns that can for out to 10+ km as secondaries, somehow suddenly cant do anything of the sort in the AA role....

The more and more I hear about this, "rework", the more and more I start thinking I need to find another game for a while till this dumpster fire goes out and things go back to somewhat normal......

Edited by Angel_With_A_Shotgun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,850 posts
3,784 battles
9 minutes ago, Angel_With_A_Shotgun said:

kinda funny to think that many ships DP guns that can for out to 10+ km as secondaries, somehow suddenly cant do anything of the sort in the AA role....

The more and more I hear about this, "rework", the more and more I start thinking I need to find another game for a while till this dumpster fire goes out and things go back to somewhat normal......

Or you could stick around and actually learn how to play against the new system.  But eh,  as they say if you can't take the heat...

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×