You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Slattery

Your very first Premium was?

274 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
946 posts
4,442 battles

I'm curious to find out what the first Premium you purchased was and why you bought it.

Mine was the HSF Graf Spee.  My best friend and regular division mate started playing earlier than I did by about a month.  He was already in the New Mexico and I didn't have a ship that could run with her.  I was a bit shocked by Thea Kreutzer being the captain.  I didn't know High School Fleet was even a thing at the time.  I learned to like her quite a bit and now she is in the Hipper while Admiral Hipper (the Azur Lane shipgirl)  sits in the reserves waiting on an opening.

It took me quite a while to learn how to not suck in her.  I certainly appreciated my division mate's perseverance with my extreme noobness. 

We ran those ships over 140 battles together.  New Mexico/HSF Graf Spee was the first of many successful parings that we've had.

• Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
316 posts

Tirptiz, just wanted it.

Technically it was the Kitakami...but they took it back :(.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
3,017 posts
4,807 battles

Gremyaschcy, Yubari, and Sims, because I had to buy them to get into the Closed Beta.

• Cool 3

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,578 posts
1,064 battles

Yubari, afterward got the other two pre oder ships. Pity two out of the three got sold again so the unwash masses got them. Luckily one is OP so I still have it and can show it off at tier 5.  

• Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[WOLF6]
Members
763 posts
6,815 battles

Campbelltown - I just started and figured I’d throw a little change at WG and I liked the way it looked.  It’s still fun too. 

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
1 minute ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

The Iwaki Alpha.

Death Pickle was free to those of us in Alpha.

My first premiums bought were the triple pack in Alpha/Beta   Yubari, Gremi and sims...

Of course, the other one was Kitikami  (the TK expert ship) , but that seems to be long gone now :(

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,529 posts
19,374 battles

I actually bought three premium ships within the first 24-36 hours of playing WoWS for the first time. In no particular order where Diana, Aurora, and Murmansk. IIRC they were all on sale for a discounted price and were the cheapest ships in the shop at that time that "looked cool"... I know, lots of thought/research went into my first purchase, especially when you figure I would only play US ships for a good while... I still enjoy all of them and only kick myself that I paid money for Diana and Texas  (a later purchase) since I could have had them for free..  I essentially played the game, visited the online shop, THEN joined the forum...  

• Cool 1

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,578 posts
1,064 battles

Damn I miss the Kitakami, the huge amount of rage by the other team at random just seeing the ship was very funny.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
10,261 posts
4,594 battles
3 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

Death Pickle was free to those of us in Alpha.

My first premiums bought were the triple pack in Alpha/Beta   Yubari, Gremi and sims...

Of course, the other one was Kitikami  (the TK expert ship) , but that seems to be long gone now :(

Title vs first sentence. Meh.

I actually don't remember the first one I bought as I was gifted a few before I bothered.

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

Title vs first sentence. Meh.

I actually don't remember the first one I bought as I was gifted a few before I bothered.

point taken :)

[RAN]
Members
33 posts
17,827 battles

My first was the Emden, from the 2015 end of year give-away mission. I used to live across the road from one of its 4” guns. The first I bought was the Blyswicksa; love the flexibility of DLs and BCs to fight anything, anywhere, anytime. My favourite is the Campbelltown, still my most played ship.

We need more quirky low tier premiums for people who are new to the game and not sure if they want to spend the price of a full AAA game, and also to flesh out the time period that suits WOWS mechanics the best.

[FAGA]
Members
271 posts
3,427 battles

Graf Spee because of her history, Montevideo etc.

I realized that she must be a bit difficult to play in WOW as she was never meant to be a fleet action ship but a merchant raider.

Still, I am slowly getting used to her and especially her torps.

Edited by freggo
spelling fix

[-_W_-]
Members
16 posts

scharnhorst, atlanta, loyang. scharn and atl i saw how amazing they were (when i got to mid tier). loyang was a recommendation from a friend. i bought them all within a month of eachother.

Alpha Tester
10,261 posts
4,594 battles
10 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

point taken :)

I do remember them humble bundle fumble flames though for that one russian ship lol

peeps crying bloody murder over like.. a $5 ship and here in 2019 we have $130 ships hahahahahahaha

Geeeeeeeez.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

My first was Atlanta. I bought her in late 2015, when there were only USN and IJN tech trees. I discovered that she has a very high learning curve and it took a while before I got comfortable with her.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,844 posts
6,889 battles

First one I got was Albany when she was given for free, first one I bought was Yuubari because of her AA. No regrets.

Members
95 posts
14,581 battles

USS Texas. Because I lived in Texas and visited the ship several times. 

• Cool 1

[GAMMA]
Members
770 posts
12,697 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I'm curious to find out what the first Premium you purchased was and why you bought it.

The first premium I purchased was USS Smith in October 2016. I finally bought her because she was cheap as chips, I enjoy playing low tier DDs (especially in co-op), and Wargaming hadn't done anything to piss me off for a few months. As for the first premium I earned... I don't even remember. Maybe Mikasa or Emden? I don't even remember which of those was the first one to get a mission to earn it.