Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

Mah new bote!

26 comments in this topic

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I finally got enough steel to get this today, a bote that I've wanted for a long while but was out of reach.

Thank you WG, for giving those of us who don't play Clan battles a chance to earn steel. :Smile_honoring:

shot-19_01.17_00_07.34-0988.thumb.jpg.0c728159ead08a7828150570fb4c0237.jpg

• Cool 13

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
951 posts
4,442 battles

She shore is purty!

Now you just need to find a pair of Atlantas to division up with and then you can go trolling!

• Cool 3

[FML]
Members
2,144 posts
11,269 battles

She is fragile, and you'll always be frustrated by the lack of range and floaty shells. 

But wow, she sets fires.  And she ruins DDs' days. 

Solid, gudbote.  

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
29 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

She shore is purty!

Now you just need to find a pair of Atlantas to division up with and then you can go trolling!

A few days ago in a battle on the 2 brothers map, there was a 3 bote division from hell on the Red team. A Flint, a Atlanta, and a Belfast.  :cap_haloween: They were brutal!

17 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

She is fragile, and you'll always be frustrated by the lack of range and floaty shells. 

I've had Atlanta for a long time so I'm used to that. What I like about Flint is the smoke and torpedoes that have enough range to actually be used.

I'm going to practice a lot with her in Co-op before I jump into the shark tank with her.

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
1,419 posts
9,527 battles

Congrats on the Flint. It's definately a ship I would like to get my hands on, but I got Stalingrad instead. I don't regret my decision...well, until WG slaps a nerf on it anyway.

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
334 posts
8,378 battles

Yes it was nice to have a crack at steel, congratulations on your bote. I have enough to get her but I'm saving for Stalingrad because I like Battleships.

What do you mean it's a cruiser?

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles

grats on the new bote :)

I haven't used my steel and coal yet because I am geting to the stage of stocking resources until something I want comes along.   FXP ships are easy..  have way to much of that but again, not really interested in anything currently on FXP or anything that is due to be released that we know about, but I kinda hope that 2019 will bring some steel, coal and fxp ships that really appeal to me for purchase :) 

I've been through the ..  oh I have the currency, lets get the bote phase and now I am scaling back to just those that mean something to me..  after all, I am getting close to the 200 ships mark and most of them don't get played, so I see no point in just adding another port queen because I can :)

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

[LUCK]
Members
1,617 posts
21,709 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

She shore is purty!

Nope, there's one better.

A Belfast, a Flint and an Atlanta walk into a bar looking for a DD to spot for them...

Seriously I followed a Belfast/Flint division in Atlanta and they were more than willing to share smoke. A DD on our side understood what he had and spotted the whole time and supplemented with smoke. . It was sad listening to grown battleships crying like that.

[O_O]
Members
4,854 posts
10,662 battles

I can afford Flint or Black now, which is nice, because I was never able to endure the grind of the regular Ranked seasons to earn them that way.

I would choose Black of the two first, but I am hesitant to pull the trigger.  Should I buy Black now, or save for a higher priced steel ship?  Choices are hard...

[RED]
Members
148 posts
9,752 battles

Thinking about flint too, but want to see what happens in 8.0 first. I have a feeling that the AA will be useless.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,257 posts
4,211 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I can afford Flint or Black now, which is nice, because I was never able to endure the grind of the regular Ranked seasons to earn them that way.

I would choose Black of the two first, but I am hesitant to pull the trigger.  Should I buy Black now, or save for a higher priced steel ship?  Choices are hard...

Black seems to be the go to ship for Ranked along with Kitakaze, so if you will play some it could open the path for more Steel (I think a rank out  gets you around 5.5k Steel). At least that's the way I would do it. Even if you don't like the grind of Ranked, a sentiment which I share, you can play chill till rank 10 or so to get some more Steel until next time Snowflakes or somehing similar comes up.

Edited by warheart1992

[-K-]
Members
5,795 posts
9,827 battles
17 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have enough steel to get Black or Stalingrad right now, as I already have Flint.  Leaning towards Black at the moment, as the static Stalingrad playstyle doesn't really appeal much to me.  It just sucks that I used my 25% ship discount coupon to get Musashi (for coal) and now another one isn't available until June.

50 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Got too many USN paper cruisers as is.

You do realize that USS Flint existed in real life, no? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Flint_(CL-97)

14 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Black seems to be the go to ship for Ranked along with Kitakaze, so if you will play some it could open the path for more Steel (I think a rank out  gets you around 5.5k Steel). At least that's the way I would do it. Even if you don't like the grind of Ranked, a sentiment which I share, you can play chill till rank 10 or so to get some more Steel until next time Snowflakes or somehing similar comes up.

The only reason I'm really chomping for USS Black right now is because of the upcoming season of T9 Ranked.  It's just tough to pull the trigger on the purchase without a 25% coupon available right now.  Steel is such a valuable commodity that it's something you don't want to waste.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,257 posts
4,211 battles
28 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The only reason I'm really chomping for USS Black right now is because of the upcoming season of T9 Ranked.  It's just tough to pull the trigger on the purchase without a 25% coupon available right now.  Steel is such a valuable commodity that it's something you don't want to waste.

Consider that on a rank out you get 5.5k Steel and basically recoup the difference between the discounted Black and the full price one. That said, the better plan of action may  be to use Kitakaze if you have her until a certain rank or whichever DD is better suited to you, then judge whether you may need the radar of Black for the lower rank brackets.

While now you may not be interested that much in the Steel ships lots of upcoming ships like Azuma lurk in the corner that may end up being Steel only.

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
31 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You do realize that USS Flint existed in real life, no? 

I'm wondering if he actually means "paper-thin armour". 

5 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I finally got enough steel to get this today

Congratz, OP. I'm about halfway there without a coupon, but I think I'm going to hold until I have enough steel to get either her OR the Black before deciding. I drive RN CL's and I have Atlanta, so I understand what Flint brings to the table, but right now I feel she's just a little bit too close to something I've already got to spend a valuable resource on. On the other hand, I do not have a radar destroyer.

[-K-]
Members
5,795 posts
9,827 battles
18 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Consider that on a rank out you get 5.5k Steel and basically recoup the difference between the discounted Black and the full price one. That said, the better plan of action may  be to use Kitakaze if you have her until a certain rank or whichever DD is better suited to you, then judge whether you may need the radar of Black for the lower rank brackets.

While now you may not be interested that much in the Steel ships lots of upcoming ships like Azuma lurk in the corner that may end up being Steel only.

I'm only hesitant on purchasing Black because of the lack of discount coupon at this time. 

Do I need Black to rank out?  Probably not.  Would it likely make life easier doing so?  Probably.

And like you said, saving the steel for a more unique premium ship may end up being a more appealing option down the road.  May have to judge this one once I get some T9 Ranked games under my belt, first.

[POP]
Members
886 posts
13,872 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm only hesitant on purchasing Black because of the lack of discount coupon at this time. 

Do I need Black to rank out?  Probably not.  Would it likely make life easier doing so?  Probably.

And like you said, saving the steel for a more unique premium ship may end up being a more appealing option down the road.  May have to judge this one once I get some T9 Ranked games under my belt, first.

I have this same dilemma but I am only about half way to Stalingrad. I am thinking that so many of my clan mates are going for it that I may really not need to get it anyway. I am trying to think of which one I would play more in randoms too, destroyers in general give you so much freedom of action and leverage its hard to say no to them, lol.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm with you here. I have the kitkat and think that will do great, as well as some other ships. Not sure if I should use the discount for Musashi or Black. Honestly, I will probably get Musashi since black isnt going any where yet.

[-K-]
Members
5,795 posts
9,827 battles
43 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I'm with you here. I have the kitkat and think that will do great, as well as some other ships. Not sure if I should use the discount for Musashi or Black. Honestly, I will probably get Musashi since black isnt going any where yet.

Exactly.  Plus, you don't need steel to get Musashi.  Just use your discount coupon to get your 25% off and make a decision on Black later.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,049 posts
6,625 battles
10 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I finally got enough steel to get this today, a bote that I've wanted for a long while but was out of reach.

Thank you WG, for giving those of us who don't play Clan battles a chance to earn steel. :Smile_honoring:

shot-19_01.17_00_07.34-0988.thumb.jpg.0c728159ead08a7828150570fb4c0237.jpg

Congrats on acquiring the USS Flint! She's a fine ship and will serve your Fleet well!

"This ship was built to fight. You had better know how." - Arleigh Burke, US Navy

#alltheguns

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
293 posts
13,996 battles

Congrats! I was looking at the Flint but went with the Black instead since I like DD play the most.  With any luck I'll be able to pick up the Flint when the next coupon comes out (which isn't until June...ouch...).  By then I should have enough steel stockpiled.

I wonder if WGing is going to offer similar "steel earning" campaigns during the year or only around the holidays...

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,512 posts
13,739 battles
19 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Congrats ReddNekk!

I was able to get the Black with all the steel awarded thru both free and paid missions this holiday season. WG finally thinking about those of us who are in it for the fun more than the competition.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this