You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rickjoshi1765

Premium Consumables and click through port tutorial that is forced

4 comments in this topic

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles

I see so many players that don't know about premium consumables.  While they don't matter much at low tier, at higher tier they should always be used.  And I will watch streams of people playing tier 7 and up constantly that never knew about it.  I understand there are so many things to learn about this game but we should start with easy fixes.  When a person first installs the game, why can't there be a tutorial mode that shows them the items in the port.  And as they level up, it literally has like a click here type thing to show what is new for them.  

It won't change the world but if you just had a quick click here type tutorial for when they install and when new items are added based on leveling up it could help with certain things.  Like force them to go through it.  It will take them 30 seconds to go through it and at least it could lower the burden on learning all these currencies, and other port features in the game.  Do this, then we can focus on helping them learn mechanics

• Boring 1

[CWPOI]
Members
40 posts
2,466 battles

I mean WG should have made a better tutorial for this game, for specific ship classes or nations. It would also have helped if they also taught players to play cvs.

• Cool 1

[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
4,970 battles
7 hours ago, Wolvzer said:

It would also have helped if they also taught players to play cvs.

100% to this!!   I'm a very new player, and I'm enjoying my co-op time.      A few weeks ago I bought the Langley, and decided to try running a cv.      I've watched YouTube videos of people running their cv's, but haven't found one that shows "Push this key to make this happen, and then do this."

I literally had NO IDEA how to direct my planes, or attack with my planes.      

[CWPOI]
Members
40 posts
2,466 battles
On 1/17/2019 at 10:37 AM, ThumperD702 said:

100% to this!!   I'm a very new player, and I'm enjoying my co-op time.      A few weeks ago I bought the Langley, and decided to try running a cv.      I've watched YouTube videos of people running their cv's, but haven't found one that shows "Push this key to make this happen, and then do this."

I literally had NO IDEA how to direct my planes, or attack with my planes.      

I remember the time when USN CV's had a choice of air group setups and when tier 4-5s could manual drop. Also AS Bogue pls WG. I'm not the best CV player, but i'm at least competent enough to hold my own for a bit. Also when players aren't taught how to Strafe their air groups just get decimated. 

Spoiler

20190105152809_1.thumb.jpg.8e9932019288b9894d61ac7eea389ef9.jpg20190105152814_1.thumb.jpg.c7f23532e6fa368a08a9568393020d2b.jpg20190105152901_1.thumb.jpg.4896b6fbaad111aa64040aeea209bfed.jpg20190105152913_1.thumb.jpg.0542c408d2b7e6208710f2c78bbfacda.jpg

As you can see in this example the enemy Independence looses 21 planes just from me alone out of a potential 37 (max cap, hull b) leaving the independence with just 16 planes. I denied the enemy CV any air control. 

Which is why they should have just have a tutorial at tier 4 to learn the basics of carriers, then at tier 6 have an optional tier 6 "Advance control" tutorial. also "alt" or "ctrl" button to manual drop at tier 6, helps with dealing with enemy air groups.