You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daffyd9x

Battle starts without me

6 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
127 posts
14,378 battles

There are threads about this annoying intermittent issue but no good solutions.  I think I have found a workaround until a future update fixes it.  I am a PvE main and verify this issue happens in Co-op and in Scenario Operations – both are affected.

My initial solution was to enter the queue with a low-tier ship, to use Task Manager to end WoWS if the battle started without me or the “Awaiting players …” message appeared and stayed, to re-launch, and to repeat if necessary until I succeeded.  All that fuss to enter the current battle one to five minutes late.  Unsatisfactory, particularly in an Operation with clanmates.

I discovered that the first battle after starting WoWS was the one most likely to start without me.  Then I had an idea to test.  I clicked ‘BATTLE!’ and immediately clicked the ‘LEAVE QUEUE’ button.  Then I clicked ‘BATTLE!’ again.  Second time is a charm!  I would then fight that Co-op battle, close WoWS, re-launch, and repeat.  I fought first battles all day today this way without being left behind.  If I didn’t leave the queue quickly enough, the battle could launch without my ship.  Subsequent battles in a session started without issue.  Some first battles had no problem.

This workaround needs more testing by others.  If you suffer this same persistent problem, please try what I did a few times and return to this thread to post whether this workaround makes a difference for you too.  Thanks in advance!

Never mind!  Further testing found this workaround is not reliable for preventing the battle starting without me.  I've noticed other players with the same problem getting a late start in battle too, so it's a WoWS server issue.  Here's hoping that Update 0.8.0 fixes the problem.

Hallelujah!  Update 0.8.0 fixed the issue.  I've not had a single battle start without me since the patch.  Thank you to those who tested my failed workaround.

Edited by Daffyd9x

[HEROS]
Members
1,498 posts
12,737 battles

solutions suggestions:

1. Set graphics to absolute minimum.

The issue with spawning late in a match is cause by load times of different elements use by the client side GUI (thats all it is is a GUI.. the GAME runs on the server..)  Reduce the load and the files that need to be loaded and you'll speed up your load time.

2.  Run as few mods as possible.. cosmetic mods increase the load time dramatically.  Most mods are cosmetic but some add elements to the HUD and all of them can potentially slow you deck down dramatically.

For the last 3 years I've run WOWS on a Lenova/IBM t510 laptop (business class) which is an I5 mobile@2.33 Mhz, 8 GB system ram and Intel integrated HD2000 video (video ram is allocated from system RAM) and only recently upgraded to a much more "modern" computer.  I ran in supremacy league with that POS!  (and did quite all right I might note)

Most of the issues with older computer is going to be I/O  and bus speed limitation.  There is just not a lot you can do about it short of replacing the computer outright with a more modern up to date system.  It's not the OS or settings, it's just the hardware but WOWS is very forgiving  (please to remember that most of their customers are in the CIS and ex warsaw pact nations, not the EU, far east and US.  Good high end computers are still in the process of filtering down to consumers as "Used" systems.  Recall that even now, well over a decade after the fall of the USSR well, they got a ways to go yet, but theyare getting there fairly rapidly by "consumer" electronics are still lagging significantly behind the EU and US.  But WG is all to aware of this which is WHY WOWS. WOTS,WOWPS will all run on what would NOT be considered gameing ready rigs in the here and now.

And as a aside the game looks pretty doggone good even on low settings.

Good luck to you.. but when setting up to game for multiplayer games always choose performance over pretty first!  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ARMDA]
Members
320 posts
2,518 battles

I should remove my ship skin mods. They're causing me loading times of 1-3 minutes.

• Boring 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,092 posts
10,936 battles

Suggestion

Keep the computer cool, it could also be hardware related

• Bad 1

[-DOG-]
Members
1 post
2,744 battles

I did what Warlord Roff suggested, no luck. I uninstall and installed the game again, had to delete some files to get the game to get me to ports. After I did all the things to just get to port again, the frames wont work for me again. I am running a 1 year old PC, I5 8th generation. This problems came right after I downloaded the cancer game "Fortnite", before that game I ran the game at a 60+ fps, but now I can barely run it at 5fps. If anyone has a solution to this I am all ears, and no, the action of enter que and leaving que dosent work

[HEROS]
Members
1,498 posts
12,737 battles

That' an important clue.. something  installed with or at the same time as fortnite and is apparently grabbing CPU cycles like a mad man, and I can think of only one class of software that does that these days..  Crypto currency generators.. ie: bit coin miners and the like.

Off the bat I would make an educated guess that something installed cryptocoin mining software onto your computer.. it's the newest thing in the hacker community it seems.. why use a machine to spread spam and ransom ware when it's easier to just turn the victim's machine into a money generator...

I've had to manually remove cryto currency mining software off my machine at least 4 times in the past two years.  Some sneaky folk out there will do all types of crazy hoops to get you to install it without your knowing what it is.  It's always a surreptitious install packaged with something else.   I've developed the habit of looking at running processes on my computer when I get performance hits (if it uses CPU cycles it shows up in task manager!) and have gotten soemwhat adept at  what I would guess could be called malware detective work.  Installing it with games is typical modus operandi.  Even more so with any sort of game enhancement software (which can be anything.. and often is!)

Check to see whats been installed on your computer lately.  May or may not show up on the add/remove programs list as that can be spoofed/bypassed entirely.   Last bitcoin mining software I dug out hid the entire application in hidden user files (roaming low would ya believe that ran when the computer started.  Most of the lazy blithering idiots foisting this stuff off on end users are stupid though, and greedy.. All they have to do in most cases is throttle the mining app speed back to 10% normal and most users would never even notice it.  That's of course assuming they even know how..most of em are script kiddie wanna be hackers.  If the pro's come after your machine you'll never even know it's happened!)

If your running a windows-10 Machine down in the search box type in "msconfig"  This will allow you to see (AND deselect) what applications start up when your machine boots or restarts.    And get some help from someone locally.  The computer bad guy types utterly depend on user ignorance to do their dirt.  If you were anywhere near central california I tell you to bring yourself on over.. along with a 6 pack of beer to spit and we'd get it worked out.  But I'll bet you got folks in your area that'll do much the same.

And yes I do know abit about it.. My grey hair has grey hair from digging malware out of computers over the last 20 years.  I'm always helping folks that didn't grow up with these beasties clean and remove  "commercial" grade malware/adware etc off their systems.    Most of it is pretty sloppily put together.. which may account for the amount of problems they tend to cause on.

Edited by TL_Warlord_Roff