You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bacardi_Gold

Fixing Battleship AP

125 comments in this topic

[5IN]
[5IN]
Members
33 posts

1st. from 0 - 7 km a battleship should be able to delete that destroyer.

2nd. from 7.1 - 12 km a battleship should get maybe 1 pen,and the rest over pens.

3rd. from 12.1 or farther away maybe 1 over pen and splash the rest.

I am a BB main, but I play a little of everything.  If a battleship is 0 - 10 km away he will get torped. If he is 0 -16 km away he will get either get torped,or set on fire. If a battleship sits any farther the the battleship player gets reported for playing poorly and not supporting his or her team.

At this rate why even play a battleship at all? Maybe just remove battleships all together. Wargaming prides themselves on trying to be accurate with their ships and specs. In the real world a destroyer 5 km away would get deleted by a battleship. Next destroyer players will be crying that cruiser HE does too much damage. 

Just so you know I also play destroyers,and still feel this way. Wargaming needs to make it FAIR , and FUN AND ENGAGING.

Edited by Bacardi_Gold
ranting
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 17
  • Angry 2

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
426 posts
3,482 battles

1. Press the 1 key.

2. ????

3. Shoot them.

4. Profit.

12 minutes ago, Bacardi_Gold said:

I'm sorry but if you play your destroyer correctly you shouldn't have those issues.

If you play your BB correctly you shouldn't have any issues.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,181 posts
5,907 battles

Hmm maybe all of those secondary guns should be useful for something... nah that would make too much sense.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PONL]
Members
61 posts
6,130 battles
18 minutes ago, Bacardi_Gold said:

OK. I just had 2 games in a row to where I was in a battle ships and got butt rushed by destroyers,and couldn't do crap for damage while they dev struck me. This is so not fair. Something needs to be done about this. This is what I suggest.

2nd. from 7.1 - 12 km a battleship should get maybe 1 pen,and the rest over pens.

I am a BB main,but I play a little of everything.  If a battleship is 0 - 10 km away he will get torped. If he is 0 -16 km away he will get either get torped,or set on fire. If a battleship sits any farther the the battleship player gets reported for playing poorly and not supporting his or her team.

At this rate why even play a battleship at all? Maybe just remove battleships all together. Wargaming prides themselves on trying to be accurate with their ships and specs. In the real world a destroyer 5 km away would get deleted by a battleship. Next destroyer players will be crying that cruiser HE does too much damage. I'm sorry but if you play your destroyer correctly you shouldn't have those issues.

Just do you know I also play destroyers,and still feel this way. Wargaming needs to make it FAIR , and FUN AND ENGAGING.

I don't agree at all with your suggestion.

Can you post the replays of those 2 games so we can try to help.

Maybe we can suggest better positioning or try to figure how you got rushed, moment of the battle when it occurs, what map, line ups, what bb you were on, etc?

• Boring 1

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
693 posts
14,955 battles

Sounds to me like you shouldn't be going off alone and that the support of at least an allied destroyer or cruiser would have changed this outcome drastically. 

• Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,079 posts
9,516 battles

Several things:

-If you are being rushed by a DD that can't be punished it means you have a bad position. And if you do play more than 5 DD game you should know that. The only high tier DD you have is Harekaze and you barely played her. Isokaze and Clemson are not representative of DD life. Of course feels free to prove me wrong by showing your own stats, I would gladly accept I was wrong but considering your remarks I'm not expecting too much.

-Your limitation depending on range is completely garbage. I've seen plenty of Montana or Yamato player getting Dev Strike / 10k volley at target >15km. For what reason a BB should be able to dev strike a DD at close range ? Balance ? You already have guns that blap cruiser at any range. 

-If you play with your team you wouldn't get easily torps. If you sail alone, you WILL get torps. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
1,842 posts
5,761 battles

In the real world a Battleship could never hit a  attacking Destroyer with her main guns less than 7kms.

• Boring 1

[KRAK]
Members
2,016 posts
14,734 battles
39 minutes ago, Bacardi_Gold said:

OK. I just had 2 games in a row to where I was in a battle ships and got butt rushed by destroyers,and couldn't do crap for damage while they dev struck me. This is so not fair. Something needs to be done about this. This is what I suggest.

I am a BB main,but I play a little of everything.  If a battleship is 0 - 10 km away he will get torped. If he is 0 -16 km away he will get either get torped,or set on fire. If a battleship sits any farther the the battleship player gets reported for playing poorly and not supporting his or her team.

At this rate why even play a battleship at all? Maybe just remove battleships all together. Wargaming prides themselves on trying to be accurate with their ships and specs. In the real world a destroyer 5 km away would get deleted by a battleship. Next destroyer players will be crying that cruiser HE does too much damage. I'm sorry but if you play your destroyer correctly you shouldn't have those issues.

Just do you know I also play destroyers,and still feel this way. Wargaming needs to make it FAIR , and FUN AND ENGAGING.

Why is it good BB players have no issues at all with DDs? I am mediocre at best and rarely ever get torped. I can count on one hand the amount of times a DD was able to torp me to death.

You are doing something wrong if you have DD problems.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

It's the counter system, DD > BB > CA/CL > DD. The only one out is CV which is why the other classes hate them.

Members
4,709 posts
7,099 battles
10 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Why is it good BB players have no issues at all with DDs? I am mediocre at best and rarely ever get torped. I can count on one hand the amount of times a DD was able to torp me to death.

You are doing something wrong if you have DD problems.

1 hand! Over 14,000 battles.  Good for you as you must be doing something right.  I see BBs get torped to death by DDs (BBs usually have pretty low health) quite often. Well, kinda all the time. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by dmckay

[WOLF1]
Members
3,812 posts
1,529 battles
14 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

In the real world a Battleship could never hit a  attacking Destroyer with her main guns less than 7kms.

Let's not start the 'real world' arguments.  In the real world, the BB wouldn't bother with the main guns.  A North Carolina has 10 5" guns *per side*.  It doesn't need to use the main guns to kill the DDs.  But, for gameplay reasons, you don't get to do that in WoWS.

• Cool 3

Members
851 posts
5,266 battles
56 minutes ago, Bacardi_Gold said:

Oh look someone wanted to go their own way and got killed by a DD and now wants a buff to BB's AP back to where it was.

• Cool 1

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

Yup, NC secondaries would have been like the Atlanta, shooting HE spam at DD nonstop. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,489 posts
10,183 battles

I think the 100% over pen is wrong but why not give a full pen for hitting the engine/boiler room or the steering.

[KRAK]
Members
2,016 posts
14,734 battles
23 minutes ago, dmckay said:

1 hand! Over 14,000 battles.  Good for you as you must be doing something right.  I see BBs get torped to death by DDs (BBs usually have pretty low health) quite often. Well, kinda all the time. :Smile_honoring:

They are doing something wrong like being off alone or it is late game and no one is left to screen for them? 

I do not have all that many BB games it is my least played class next to CV which I never play.

Edited by Vaffu

[KRAK]
Members
2,016 posts
14,734 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think the 100% over pen is wrong but why not give a full pen for hitting the engine/boiler room or the steering.

It I still easy to take half or more hull from a DD with a good salvo. A DD cannot delete a BB with a single torp spread so why should a BB be able to sink a DD with a single shell like they used to be able to?

The game has to be fun for everyone and DDs needed more survivability.

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Used to be that way until the DD mains went full whine mode on WG and it’s now 100% over pen. 

• Cool 1

Members
851 posts
5,266 battles
1 minute ago, Vaffu said:

It I still easy to take half or more hull from a DD with a good salvo. A DD cannot delete a BB with a single torp spread so why should a BB be able to sink a DD with a single shell like they used to be able to?

Exactly !! +1 I'm out of emoji power lol...

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,984 posts
3,895 battles

Paper defeated me, nerf it. Scissors is fine.

Sincerely, Rock.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
851 posts
5,266 battles
1 minute ago, alex08060 said:

Used to be that way until the DD mains went full whine mode on WG and it’s now 100% over pen. 

Yet when I played my BB's I never felt it was a good idea a DD could get deleted by everything but another DD unless they were torp'd, how is that fun and engaging ?

[SBS]
Members
3,257 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

I'm guessing after looking at the problem for well over a year, WG decided the overpen only is the best solution.  Its been four months since WG said radar needed to be changed so we should expect a something in another 8-10 months. :Smile_hiding:

[KRAK]
Members
2,016 posts
14,734 battles
4 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

They learned that tactic from the BB players went full whine and then DDs had everything about them nerfed multiple times?

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,489 posts
10,183 battles

Those incapacitations don't happen every shot so why not because with the slow reload rate of BB's getting a second shot is sketchy.

• Cool 1

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

They learned that tactic from the BB players went full whine and then DDs had everything about them nerfed multiple times?

Actually those are mainly CA/CL mains. Which is why we have sonar and Radar in the game now. 

[KRAK]
Members
2,016 posts
14,734 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Those incapacitations don't happen every shot so why not because with the slow reload rate of BB's getting a second shot is sketchy.

You can take upwards of 10k off a DD with an AP salvo from a BB if you aim well. That is 50 percent of its health pool.  That isn't enough? You have to hit a BB with about 10 torps to kill it and you know how almost impossible that is unless the BB player does something stupid.