You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

Elite commander xp quick question

12 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles

So, if I am not mistaken, all commander xp on 19 point commanders gets transferred to the elite xp bank, and can be used on non-elite commanders to rank them up. 

Therefore, does it make logical sense to not play non-19 point captains? Or can someone help me see the downside?

Also theres no accelerate crew training options like in wot right? Elite ships can only generate convertable free xp?

Dumb questions I know, but if theres something like this I'm missing, better to find out now:Smile-_tongue:

[O7]
Members
752 posts
13,616 battles

XP on elite ships can be converted to free xp using doubloons, but its not a very economical trade off. Elite commander XP is earned by using 19 point commanders, and can be used on any commander. It is earned at the same rate as sub 19 pointers earn XP, so there is no downside to using your 19 pointers, there is upside in that you can boost captains immediately to any point level as long as you have the elite XP to do so. your 19 pointer could be slapped on a stock kirov and you would be earning elite commander XP, doesn't matter what ship.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
611 posts
9,375 battles
2 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

your 19 pointer could be slapped on a stock kirov and you would be earning elite commander XP, doesn't matter what ship.

As long as he is trained for that ship. For premium ships it doesn't matter.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,073 battles

There's no real downside, but if you consider the fact that you must earn exp to grind a ship line anyway, it's more efficient time wise for some players to keep your commander at least T5-10 and more or less naturally get 17-19 points with normal flags and camos rather than grind out enough CXP and then grind out the ship line.

Once you get enough to "pay it forward", you can just recycle it through the system however.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,546 posts

Depends on how many 19 pointers you have, and how many captains you're wanting to boost.   It takes a LOT of xp to get those last 3 skill points...

I play em anyway- more points is more points- and reserve the elite XP boosts for when they actually matter.  (like when that next point will allow you to grab a needed skill)  Currently, I only have 3 19 pointers, so unless I just want to play 3 tech tree ships plus premiums, I still have to play most with "work in progress" commanders.  Luckily, I tend to favor CA's and BB's- 2 classes which tend not to be that skill dependant.   Hell- Montana only had a 10 pointer on it when I got it, and it kicked butt just the same.

[PVE]
Members
12,562 posts
8,541 battles
15 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

So, if I am not mistaken, all commander xp on 19 point commanders gets transferred to the elite xp bank, and can be used on non-elite commanders to rank them up. 

Therefore, does it make logical sense to not play non-19 point captains? Or can someone help me see the downside?

Also theres no accelerate crew training options like in wot right? Elite ships can only generate convertable free xp?

Dumb questions I know, but if theres something like this I'm missing, better to find out now:Smile-_tongue:

There is no swapping Elite and premium ship XP for some other buff like in WoT. The XP bulids up until you do an Elite XP to FXP conversion. The normal rate is 1 doubloon for 25 EXP converted to FXP. Periodically, WG does a 1:35 sale and that is when most people convert.

Yes, all the Cmdr XP earned by a 19pt Cmdr is converted to ECXP. You can still play your regular Cmdrs and earn Cmdr XP on them. For example, I had around 1k CXP on my New Mexico Cmdr who had 8 points. I played him in the Ops for the PEF US credit missions and he earned enough XP to get almost to 10pts. I then used my ECXP from my 19pt DM Cmdr to get the rest of the way to 10pts. Do both to take advantage of first win bonuses and other events as every bit you earn with a less than 19pt Cmdr is that much less ECXP you have to use.

I do tend to run my DM 19pt Cmdr around my US premiums to take advantage of First Win bonuses to boost the ECXP I grind.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,484 battles

Always play 19-pointers if you can. But of course you can't move them around at will, so you can't have one on every ship (without wasting a lot of doubloons respecializing them, or owning as many 19-pointers as you have ships).

[SYN]
Members
3,271 posts
15,259 battles

Elite XP is more valuable simply because it offers you more flexibility to use it.

It is most beneficial when you have premium ships that you can transfer him into to take advantage of daily bonuses and the like.

I keep a balance of elite XP so I can start any new captain off at 10 points and avoid the disadvantage of not having Concealment Expert.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
686 posts
5,944 battles

Play those 19 pointers on 100 or 200 xp fats to really maximise it.

If grinding a new line its fine to use a 10/14 pt captain to grind away. 

Or if really lazy it costs about 1.6 million elite commander xp to get a new captain to 19. Benefits ood having several across the board. 

[NOBS]
Members
1,034 posts
7,628 battles
10 minutes ago, _greifer_Africanus said:

Play those 19 pointers on 100 or 200 xp fats to really maximise it.

If grinding a new line its fine to use a 10/14 pt captain to grind away. 

Or if really lazy it costs about 1.6 million elite commander xp to get a new captain to 19. Benefits ood having several across the board. 

1,702 million, I asked once, lol

I try to play all my 19 pt captains every day. In the boat they are trained in and the premiums. And I try to have enough elite captain XP to take my new T10 captains to 19 pts right away. Think I'm at 16 19 pt captains now, all my T8 and T20 boats

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,687 posts
10,551 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

No reason to not play sub-19 point captains. You might be careful as to what tiers, game modes and ships you play them in. Taking a 3 point captain out in ranked might not be a wise choice. A 1 point captain in Co-Op, who cares? If you have a clue what you're doing, it doesn't matter much in random, your own skills count for more than the captains skills.

Also, my 19 point Shimakaze or Yamato captains can't grind XP on my Kitakaze effectively, it's not like Yamato or Shimakaze need the XP, and I'm not Free XPing the Kitakaze.

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,098 battles

I followed some advice from these forums and got my first 19-pointer in the line where I had the most Premium ships.  I can rotate the 19-pointer through the Premium ships for the daily double and rack up the Elite XP.  My second 19-pointer was in the line that had the next highest number of Premium ships.  One year later, I have about six 19-pointers and I use the Elite XP to ensure that every Commander is at least 10 points.  I also make sure to put a 19-pointer on the ship I use for the weekly Operations mission.  I have around 180 ships and all of them, except the Premium ships, have dedicated Commanders of at least 10 points.  I am at the point where I have USN BB and DD dedicated Commanders and, for some odd reason, try to keep an Elite XP balance of around 2M. That allows me to boost any Commander I decide to up to whatever particular skill level desired.

All of that from picking a line and grinding to 19 points and then playing the 19-pointer a lot at first.

Edited by ExploratorOne