Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Why doesn't the premium time clock keep accurate track of how long your premium time actually lasts?

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,313 posts
19,663 battles

The "premium time left" only seems to show how much premium time you had at the end of the last battle played & then stays "frozen in time" for some reason. Why is that?

I started a battle at 0:30 (in the Atlanta):

shot-19_01.16_01_22.48-0486.thumb.jpg.f220f911f2f016aac7bf65577bf3ac8f.jpg

it lasted 8 minutes & 24 second:

shot-19_01.16_01_23.10-0926.thumb.jpg.90873c6a6b8c88cacaae1a0841e194ed.jpg

& at that time I had 12 minutes of premium time left. I walked away from my computer until 1:24:

shot-19_01.16_01_24.38-0907.thumb.jpg.e75dd0b1e666d9fadd016916718f2632.jpg\

& it still shows 12 minutes of premium time left.

The game can keep track of battles down to the second & the clock in the lower right seems to keep accurate time but the "premium time left" indicator under your name in the top left seems to get stuck in limbo & only show the amount of time you had left after your last battle.

The only time this ever caused an issue was a few months ago when I looked & thought I had time left so decided to change out 1 of the 3 tasks I had assigned in the campaigns & even though the indicator said I had premium time left it wouldn't let me assign another 3rd task because I was actually out of premium time.

It seems to be able to keep an accurate accounting at the end of a battle but then just gets stuck in limbo for some reason. What's up w/that?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,457 posts
9,415 battles

The WoWS UI is really good. Just sayin'.

Edited by pikohan

[WOLF7]
Members
10,761 posts
6 minutes ago, pikohan said:

The WoWS UI is really good. Just sayin'.

Spoiler

aw19l5Y.gif

[PVE]
Members
154 posts
4,885 battles
15 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The game can keep track of battles down to the second & the clock in the lower right seems to keep accurate time but the "premium time left" indicator under your name in the top left seems to get stuck in limbo & only show the amount of time you had left after your last battle.

The port clock uses local system time, everything else is based on WGs servers.  If there is no interaction with said server, information displayed locally does not change.

This interaction between the servers and your port can also suffer from significant lag.  I've learned to be careful when switching out flags...

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
561 posts
2,537 battles

Whats worse is if you start a game with say...15 minutes of premium time and the game takes the full 20 minutes, your score at the end is counted as if you didn't have Premium because it expired while you were in game.  

WG is insanely greedy about its premium time in that way, also counting hours you aren't logged in is another very scummy move regarding premium time.

• Bad 1

[KRAK]
Members
2,012 posts
14,685 battles
55 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Whats worse is if you start a game with say...15 minutes of premium time and the game takes the full 20 minutes, your score at the end is counted as if you didn't have Premium because it expired while you were in game.  

WG is insanely greedy about its premium time in that way, also counting hours you aren't logged in is another very scummy move regarding premium time.

If you buy a 1 month membership at the gym but only go once a week doesn't it still end after 30 days? That is how any subscription works. You are not paying for the amount of time you play you are paying for a set amount of time and it is up to you to utilize it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
3,796 posts
1,512 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

I really doubt that anyone went out of their way to make this greedy when it was done.  When the premium time ends, it ends.  

• Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,195 battles

the clock starts ticking the moment it is delivered to you.  so if you have 25hr prem...then you have literally 24hrs. 

they do this because of pure econ...they want you to actually Buy the premium...

Sign in to follow this