You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Balthaczar

WarGaming response to our clan member being killed - in real life

127 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
10,399 battles

One of our clan members was recently killed, murdered, by another WoWs from a different clan.  I sent a support ticket to Wargaming requesting they may be able to do something, even just mentioning his name in honor.  Rather than simply saying condolences to his family and your clan, here is their response.  I am so very disappointed and find it unbecoming for them to respond in such a way.

-Balthaczar ASALT

image.thumb.png.cc3ec9840505a76b26bb7a95d89ce860.png

• Cool 6
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 5

[WOLF7]
Members
37 posts
646 battles

I am sorry your friend died.  WG probably should have worded their response differently, but I would not expect them to honor any players who they know nothing about.

Edited by ThRiLl_GmYr
  • Cool 14

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,750 posts
3,923 battles

Did i understand this correctly, a WOWS player murdered another WOWS player? 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles

And?  Should we have little white crosses all over the game?  Not to mention this story is exceptionally suspicious just based on the facts outlined anyway.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Members
38 posts
10,399 battles
4 minutes ago, ThRiLl_GmYr said:

I am sorry your friend died.  WG probably should have worded their response differently, but I would not expect them to honor any players who they know nothing about.

They do not need to know him on a personal level, but he was a member of the community in NA, and dropped many dimes on the game furthering their growth.  I think that's worth something.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 6

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
422 posts
4,267 battles
14 minutes ago, Balthaczar said:

One of our clan members was recently killed, murdered, by another WoWs from a different clan.  I sent a support ticket to Wargaming requesting they may be able to do something, even just mentioning his name in honor.  Rather than simply saying condolences to his family and your clan, here is their response.  I am so very disappointed and find it unbecoming for them to respond in such a way.

-Balthaczar ASALT

image.thumb.png.cc3ec9840505a76b26bb7a95d89ce860.png

Edited by DarkStormy

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,971 posts
7,952 battles

That has to be the clumsiest, meanest, most toxic reply I have ever read from Wargaming. (And I have seen and read quite a few over the years)/ While I would wholly understand if Wargaming stated, simply, "It is not our policy to comment on private matters beyond our control" or something similar, to reply "We're not a charity" is brusque, insensitive, hard hearted, if not somewhat disgusting.

What has this company become?

I am sorry for the player's family, and appreciate the shock felt by members of ASALT.

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Members
227 posts
3,346 battles

Probably a slippery slope for them and this was probably just a forum rep and not anyone in mgt. i would hope. 

Should of been worded differently for sure. Can't send your teammates a fireworks crate in his memory?... Geez..

[WOLF7]
Members
10,761 posts
2 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

I'm seriously having trouble wrapping my head around this. And isn't identifying players in the forums a eula violation?

• Bad 1

Members
38 posts
10,399 battles
2 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

That is correct.

Here is the article.  Our clan member SirDripAlot is Kevin, the one whose life was taken.  The murderer was part of another clan by the name of GRUFF I believe?

http://www.startribune.com/man-killed-in-minneapolis-apartment-was-strangled-id-released-6-weeks-later/504318442/

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,558 posts
13,442 battles

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your clanmate. And the wording of the WG response you showed is pretty terrible.

However, I do not think you will find much traction in getting WG to memorialize this event. No company wants to advertise that its customers literally murder each other.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Members
38 posts
10,399 battles

I understand they cannot do something for everyone, but how often does a Wargaming player die like this?  I would guess not often.

• Bad 2

[WOLF7]
Members
37 posts
646 battles
1 minute ago, Balthaczar said:

They do not need to know him on a personal level, but he was a member of the community in NA, and dropped many dimes on the game furthering their growth.  I think that's worth something.

I am sorry, that is not how the world works.  If I die tomorrow I don't expect every business I patronized to pay tribute to me.  He was your friend, you and your clan are welcome to pay tribute in your own way.

• Cool 12
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,750 posts
3,923 battles
1 minute ago, Balthaczar said:

That is correct.

Here is the article.  Our clan member SirDripAlot is Kevin, the one whose life was taken.  The murderer was part of another clan by the name of GRUFF I believe?

http://www.startribune.com/man-killed-in-minneapolis-apartment-was-strangled-id-released-6-weeks-later/504318442/

Wow.. crazy.. My condolences to his wife / daughter loved ones and friends.. No life is worth losing over a bloody laptop .... 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles
Just now, ThRiLl_GmYr said:

I am sorry, that is not how the world works.  If I die tomorrow I don't expect every business I patronized to pay tribute to me.  He was your friend, you and your clan are welcome to pay tribute in your own way.

The Ford F150 Bob Smith (1954) late of Topeka Kansas Edition.

Members
38 posts
10,399 battles
Just now, ThRiLl_GmYr said:

It is how the world works.  I own my own business, and if an employee or customer passed and I learned of it, I'd do at least something.  Prior to owning my company, my previous employer would have done the same.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,971 posts
7,952 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your clanmate. And the wording of the WG response you showed is pretty terrible.

However, I do not think you will find much traction in getting WG to memorialize this event. No company wants to advertise that its customers literally murder each other.

Agreed, but WOWS owes an apology, a serious one, for the inexcusable wording of their reply/handling of this topic. 

• Cool 4

[RQL]
Members
29 posts
7,441 battles

It's sorry to see that this is where it's come to, people murdering each other over a game, but WG is in no way responsible for it and it isn't their job to issue out a statement about it. Although I honestly have no idea why the ticket responder was so rude, you're probably going through some crapright now with the loss of a friend, and the [edited] says we aren't a charity.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,236 posts
4,191 battles
4 minutes ago, Balthaczar said:

That is correct.

At first I thought something was lost in translation,  have to confess I am a tad shocked. It's stated is was a laptip dispute. Was there also something going on ingame?

As for WG response, I have to admit it's pretty blunt.

Regardless,  my condolences.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
38 posts
10,399 battles

I know we all have our opinions - but I do not want this post to become toxic by those who have something negative to say, please.

• Bad 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

Agreed, but WOWS owes an apology, a serious one, for the inexcusable wording of their reply/handling of this topic. 

Dude started the reply with "I am sorry"

The permanent offense brigade out to be aggrieved

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2