You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Suicide_Jockey

How many is your losing streak?

38 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
15 posts
6,650 battles

Been playing on and off for about four hours this morning in my GK. Idk, probably ~15 games in it, all losses. Always first or second in damage done and split if I'm still floating. Jump in my Monty, win, win, win. Yamo, same luck. Back in the GK, the losses keep stacking up. Started the morning 52% w/l ratio. Sitting at 45% now. Seems beyond random at this point but just curious if you guys have the same luck sometimes? Or if you have one ship that seems to draw a bad team more time than not?

[USNDD]
Members
52 posts
3,177 battles

In the past, I am as same as you. Now if I constantly lose 3 times. I stop playing this game.

You can check your teammates ‘win rate. 

MM in this game is ridiculous. Sometimes you can win all day long, sometimes lose all the time.

Play game for fun, if you can’t feel happy, just stop.

• Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
562 posts
2,537 battles

Unless I went on a long winning streak, I usually log off after 3 losses myself.    Last night it didn't even take three, two losses and a game where I died a bit earlier than I expected and that was all I could stand for the night, my team apparently won that game (I found that out hours later), but I didn't really care at the time.  

Doing 150k damage with some kills and losing really saps all the fun out of the game, especially when both losses were totally winnable, but your teammates just suicide and lose a winning game.   The amazing ability of players to turn wins into losses never ceases to amaze me.

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,526 posts
6,991 battles

I think the most I have lost in a row in a single ship was 11, and that was to get the First Win in that ship.

When there is not some special event going (like now), I tend to move to another ship for the day on the first loss in that ship.  (I have many lines that I am grinding, so this is more a feature getting me into different ships.)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,457 posts
9,422 battles

I think my longest loss streak is a 9 or 10 too. Trying to get a first win is the best way to perpetuate a lose streak.

[BNKR]
Members
1,047 posts
996 battles

14 in a row over two days. No big deal, pick another ship and go again. Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. 

• Boring 1

[KRAK]
Members
2,016 posts
14,734 battles
33 minutes ago, Suicide_Jockey said:

Been playing on and off for about four hours this morning in my GK. Idk, probably ~15 games in it, all losses. Always first or second in damage done and split if I'm still floating. Jump in my Monty, win, win, win. Yamo, same luck. Back in the GK, the losses keep stacking up. Started the morning 52% w/l ratio. Sitting at 45% now. Seems beyond random at this point but just curious if you guys have the same luck sometimes? Or if you have one ship that seems to draw a bad team more time than not?

When you have a losing streak try switching tiers and or ship types or just stop playing for a while. Everyone gets those losing streaks. I think I had a 15 or maybe even 20 games in a row lost one time and I have had the same thing with a winning streak. Random is a fickle lover.

[PVE]
Members
814 posts
9,866 battles

Way back when Ranked was tier 7, also known as the big Belfast cash grab, the only tier 7 I had was the Pensacola.

I went 32 losses in a row before throwing in the towel. You would think that in 32 matches I would get at least one carry?

Still blows my mind when I try to figure out how it was possible to lose that many in a row.

[WOLFC]
Members
567 posts
1,603 battles

Some ships just click for me. Barely pushing 50% w/l ratio in Baltimore, but hanging close to 90% Russian cruiser chappy. 

Really don’t like US cruiser line starting at T8. Gonna hang it up for a bit and try new lines then come back.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,452 battles

About as long as my best winning streak. Don't let it get to you.

[TRG]
Members
226 posts
13,152 battles

Tier 10 British BB,,Win over 80% French BB 38% German BB 43% While in clan Battles My GK is a 60% win rate.  Monty 50% I like the French bb but always seem to be on bad teams with it. I socre good with it but I tend to move up to much with it and brawl. Si Im sure the problem is wirth me. I lay back and use range with the British,,using HE..Good results. 

[TRG]
Members
226 posts
13,152 battles
3 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

14 in a row over two days. No big deal, pick another ship and go again. Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. 

And fill up the wall with our English Dead.

• Cool 1

Members
934 posts
2,399 battles

My experience with the Pensacola was like that which is why I dumped her and abandoned the us CA line.

[WGA]
Administrator
794 posts
454 battles

Hello,

I have had a rule for awhile..

If I lose 3 straight games I take a break and go do something else.

Sometimes it is good to just clear the head and come back later.

Your ships will be there when you come back =).

I hope it gets better for you in your GK!

• Cool 3

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

Wonder if the government shutdown also force schools to close. What I’m hearing is typical when school’s out. 

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles

My limit is based on how I am playing on any particular session, not on how others are playing.

If it was partially my fault for doing somethiing really stupid then if that's the way I play 2 in a row, i find something else for the night because I am not helping me OR the team.

If I played well and lost because ..  well  it's random,   then I'll keep playing.

[KOI-S]
Members
236 posts
1,509 battles

I don't pay attention, just move to another ship for a bit.

Think far too much is put into peoples win rate, when win rate has a lot of factors outside a players control.

And personally, i think this has a bigger negative impact on keeping players then MM or the like. But that's just IMO. Besides that's what ranked is for. :)

Members
3,982 posts
6,704 battles

Lost a bunch of games in a row before but no idea how many in a row for the longest.  I have certain ships I click with and have a good WR and others I am terrible at or I at least don't win in.

[TIMT]
Supertester
526 posts

Only had time for 2 today, so added to 12 from yesterday including loss from the jaws of victory, I'm down 14 in a row right now.  Hopefully tommorrow will change that.

[RLGN]
Members
9,416 posts
18,821 battles

Who knows, probably some streak in Ranked at an irrevocable level.

Generally play a ship five times then change anyway.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PQUOD]
Members
1,072 posts
7,682 battles

Three is my personal cap now. In the past my stubborn side would appear. Looking back it was foolish. Now, I either stop and do something else, swap to operations, or Co-op.

Members
758 posts
8,022 battles

Three seems to be the limit I can endure, especially when the teams are terrible (and 75% of them have been for the last two weeks).  There's always the option to switch to the weekly operation to blow off some steam.