Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Wolfpack Wednesday - Divisions

14 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,049 posts
6,593 battles

640px-USS_Honolulu_%28CL-48%29_and_USS_S

*pictured - USS Honolulu (left), USS St. Louis and a Fletcher class destroyer heading towards Tulagi after the Battle of Kula Gulf on July 6, 1943*

Do you join your fleet in battle with a division?

Divisions can often be the deciding factor in guiding your team to victory with teammates that coordinate efforts together.

Teamwork, communications, and mutual assistance between 2-3 ships can devastate anything in their path regardless of ship type and class.

When joining battle, do you take part in a division and what combination works best for your task force?

"Leadership is a two-way street, loyalty up and loyalty down. Respect for one's superiors; care for one's crew." - Grace Hopper, US Navy

#wolfpackwednesday

#anchorsaweigh

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,457 posts
9,433 battles

Can't deny it; I'm a potato and only play divs :shrug:

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
126 posts
6,837 battles

Divisions are great and have plenty of benefits. But, some old salty potatoes like me do not like to wear headsets nor do we have the skills to type fast, so Divisions aren't as appealing. So if you ask us to Div up with you and we don't accept, please don't take it personally. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,452 battles

LoneWolf. I do not have time to wait on a Division mates. 

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,014 posts
7,968 battles

almost never, there are few things i detest more, than CVs which are in a division, of anchoring and/or fishing aa botes.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,968 posts
12,900 battles

I div with my friends and then we lose so I don't div with friends anymore. I just talk to them on Teamspeak. Scenarios on the other hand, are a lot of times not even worth playing without a team that knows what they are trying to accomplish.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,848 posts
6,889 battles

Most of my divisions serve the purpose of replacing two random teammates with two that I can actually rely on. And with rely on I mean: Not trying to actively throw away an easy win.

Sometimes clubbing divisions are fun, but then again, playing Payfast with a Flint is kind of dirty...

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,984 posts
3,895 battles

All my friends have stopped playing due to tier 5's matchmaking hell.

So I play alone these days.

• Cool 1

[MLPVA]
Members
209 posts
3,108 battles

I'll div up with clanmates every once in a while, but the majorty of my battles are solo.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,335 posts
19,674 battles

No headset...2 finger typer...but I div w/a couple different people every now & again...1 an ex clan mate from another clan & 1 a buddy I met through him.

I used to div w/the person that got me into this game a long time ago but he has moved on to other games as he is a tester/game reviewer & doesn't stick w/1 game for too long but plays a variety of different games.

Even though he continued playing for a few months afterwards (just so I'd have somebody to div with) he actually lost interest in WoWS after the IJN DD split...78% win rate in old Fubuki. He's a bit of a unicum in just about any game he plays (he makes bullet hell games look easy & sets the high scores in just about every 1 there is).

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,092 posts
10,961 battles
17 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Divisions can often be the deciding factor in guiding your team to victory with teammates that coordinate efforts together.

Teamwork, communications, and mutual assistance between 2-3 ships can devastate anything in their path regardless of ship type and class.

When joining battle, do you take part in a division and what combination works best for your task force?

:cap_horn: picture worth thousand words

Spoiler

Ow13j0a.jpg

RkMm2gG.jpg

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,968 posts
12,900 battles
7 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

:cap_horn: picture worth thousand words

Hide contents

Ow13j0a.jpg

RkMm2gG.jpg

Are you saying divisions are good? or are you saying PEF is good? or both? So many words in my head now. I estimate about 1000. I dig the Prince Edsel Fordrick.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
355 posts
2,594 battles

Periodically when one of my friends who plays is on. Recently our play times haven't matched up well. 

Sign in to follow this