You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

This will get me in trouble but IDK

29 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
977 posts
29,197 battles

First, let me just let you know that if you are a fellow captain, this is not for you, this is to WG and there staff.

First let me say I do like the game you have created, I have dumped a crap load of cash on it and am happy to a point with the product.  I know that trying to please everyone is just not going to happen, and I know that I have been caustic in my dealings with the staff at times, but have been happy with how you at WG have tried to resolve some of the issues......but.

I just had a match with 2 CV vs 2 CV, it sucked.  It sucked not just that there was 2 CV's a side, it sucked because your match making decided that this match should just be a waist of my time, and I have to tell you my time is not cheap.

Enemy CV's                                                                       WR                                                            My teams CV's                                                       WR

Ryujo                                                                                  66%                                                           Independence                                                         39%

Bogue                                                                                56%                                                           Bogue                                                                       45%

So, do you see the problem?  Are you getting why a lot of the player base is not looking forward to the CV RW?  Looks to me like you need to do a MM RW.

p.s. Just wanted to let WG know.  Not really interested in some long drawn out discussion with all the captains about CV's the RW or whether CV's should be here at all.  It's not that I do not value my fellow captains opinions (even when we disagree), it's just that this match really pissed me off and hit a raw nerve.  Not interested in a reply from WG, I just don't trust what you will say at the moment.

Notifications turned off.

shot-19.01.16_09.46.43-0367.jpg

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Members
409 posts

Precisely why we are getting a CV rework... because the outcome of a battle could be decided based solely on who the better CV players were.  That won't be the case anymore. Largely because CV's will no longer be able to perma-lite large segments of the map and they'll balance DMG so you aren't insta-deleted by torp drops. 

Kinda pointless for you to post this, knowing the CV rework hits in a week. 

• Cool 2

[G0ATS]
[G0ATS]
Members
1,159 posts
6,914 battles

I don't think the rework is going to lessen the impact of CV skill disparities. Good players tend to figure out little tricks and stuff to get ahead, there might be exploits in the new system that can't be stamped out by tweaking, we'll see.

Members
20,784 posts
5,614 battles
3 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Are you getting why a lot of the player base is not looking forward to the CV RW? 

No. In fact, you've illustrated some of why I am looking forward to it.

The good CV players won't be able to completely shut down the worse ones, so the worse players, even if they can't compete with the better ones, can do something to help their team.

Plus, you won't have one team with an advantage in number of squadrons.

The rework won't make those mismatches go away, but it will lessen the impact.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
597 posts
7,311 battles

The purpose of the rework was supposed to resolve the issue on how much impact a bad/good CV player could have on a match (WG own words).  IMHO, after watching many videos and reading through comments here in the forums, I don't think WG achieved the objective of fixing the impact bad/good players have on randoms.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
316 posts

If you wanted to talk to WG you could have sent an email or a ticket I guess.  This is a forum designed specifically for the players to communicate.  Saying you don't want to have a discussion with other players and then posting that in the forum makes no sense.

The truth is you want other players to respond to you, that was your click bait thread title's intention.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,265 posts
2,294 battles

Only thing i'm looking forward to, is getting my hands on a yorktown :cap_wander:

Edited by Ace6steel

Members
20,784 posts
5,614 battles
1 minute ago, HorrorRoach said:

I don't think the rework is going to lessen the impact of CV skill disparities. 

Even if it doesn't, if more people are playing CVs, most of them are going to be average. This gives you proportionally fewer good/bad players, and proportionally fewer gross mismatches.

[INTEL]
Members
1,016 posts
9,131 battles

@Turbotush In your opinion what would be an acceptable assignment of CVs in the match you played?

Further, what would an algorithm look like that WG could implement?

[SPTR]
Members
2,265 posts
2,294 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Even if it doesn't, if more people are playing CVs, most of them are going to be average. This gives you proportionally fewer good/bad players, and proportionally fewer gross mismatches.

not to mention it will lower your chances of either seeing potatoes or super unicorns

[WOLF7]
Members
10,761 posts
6 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

The purpose of the rework was supposed to resolve the issue on how much impact a bad/good CV player could have on a match (WG own words).  IMHO, after watching many videos and reading through comments here in the forums, I don't think WG achieved the objective of fixing the impact bad/good players have on randoms.

That's what people don't seem to get. Changing the interface is not going to change the basic imbalance with CV's. 

One of two things will happen. They'll release CV's in an OP state to try and get people to try them, (Much like they do with new lines) and then either nerf them to uselessness, or allow them to continue to be OP in the right hands, to keep the small group of players that play them now.

Neither option seems likely to solve the basic issue of balance.:cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
4,094 posts
11 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I don't think the rework is going to lessen the impact of CV skill disparities. Good players tend to figure out little tricks and stuff to get ahead, there might be exploits in the new system that can't be stamped out by tweaking, we'll see.

Yes and no.

The problem with the previous CV model is that not only did skilled players manage to dish out a lot of damage to surface ships, but fighter micro could completely shut down an enemy CV player and deplane him to the point where his ship became a floating paper weight 10 minutes into a match.

So while strike power is still there (although maybe less so due to the inability to instantly cross drop), the ability to shut down the enemy player is mostly gone as you cannot micro fighters anymore. Only thing you can do is drop a fighter bubble over a group of friendly ships being harassed by the enemy carrier to try and prevent them from dropping there without incurring serious losses.

In other words, the skill gap is MUCH less of a factor than it was. Not to say that skill isn't rewarded ... but just that even tiny differences in skill won't result in one player being rendered useless while the other runs amok like it currently does.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
814 posts
9,845 battles

I'm more amazed that the Bogue and Independence ended up third and fourth on the team!

So not only were the CVs pure weapons grade starch, so were the rest of the team.

AncientAliens.jpg

Edited by Rabbitt81

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,393 posts
13,932 battles
1 hour ago, Turbotush said:

First, let me just let you know that if you are a fellow captain, this is not for you, this is to WG and there staff.

I did an experiment last week with cv's in randoms. Just a few games.... I used the ultra high map level only... I went 1-2 and was middle of the xp board in each game, I did not get outplayed by each of the red cv's. I just attacked ships... no matter who they were.

So many players have horrible internet that this is the only mode they can play. It's easy, basically zero need concerning graphics... and virtually not ping dependent at all.

So many times we see that CV launch his planes and circle them for  3 minutes... its because he has no targets spotted yet..and has nothing to do with his planes. Once his team spots a some ships, he clicks on the red targets ands sends his planes... usually all of them. Until they die or comeback and repeats the process. He is clueless to chat as he has no clue of what is going on in the game.

This is the root of the fail of the CV. All we needed was MM to be fixed for cv's. I played a game yesterday with two good CV's..... it was a blast!

[ONAVY]
Members
976 posts
7,211 battles
1 hour ago, Turbotush said:

First let me say I do like the game you have created, I have dumped a crap load of cash on it and am happy to a point with the product.  I know that trying to please everyone is just not going to happen, and I know that I have been caustic in my dealings with the staff at times, but have been happy with how you at WG have tried to resolve some of the issues......but.

I just had a match with 2 CV vs 2 CV, it sucked.  It sucked not just that there was 2 CV's a side, it sucked because your match making decided that this match should just be a waist of my time, and I have to tell you my time is not cheap.

Enemy CV's                                                                       WR                                                            My teams CV's                                                       WR

Ryujo                                                                                  66%                                                           Independence                                                         39%

Bogue                                                                                56%                                                           Bogue                                                                       45%

So, do you see the problem?  Are you getting why a lot of the player base is not looking forward to the CV RW?  Looks to me like you need to do a MM RW.

p.s. Just wanted to let WG know.  Not really interested in some long drawn out discussion with all the captains about CV's the RW or whether CV's should be here at all.  It's not that I do not value my fellow captains opinions (even when we disagree), it's just that this match really pissed me off and hit a raw nerve.  Not interested in a reply from WG, I just don't trust what you will say at the moment.

I'm sorry but WHAT THE HECK are you talking about?

You are complaining about past performance of two CV captains? Who the heck cares what they're "PAST" performance was...obviously you and to judge how the game you are currently in will go is an egregious error on your part. What you insinuate with your post is that no one can change. They did roughly the same amount of damage so what exactly is your problem? 

You lost get the [edited] over it good grief stop pissing and moaning about stuff you have no control over maybe you will be happier....maybe someday one of those who you brush off as inconsequential will save your [edited]someday....maybe....don't think I would when people like you at the start of a match start crying like little girls I just laugh.

Edited by C_D

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,393 posts
13,932 battles
7 minutes ago, C_D said:

I'm sorry but WHAT THE HECK are you talking about?

You are complaining about past performance of two CV captains? Who the heck cares what they're "PAST" performance was...obviously you and to judge how the game you are currently in will go is an egregious error on your part. What you insinuate with your post is that no one can change. They did roughly the same amount of damage so what exactly is your problem? 

You lost get the [edited] over it good grief stop pissing and moaning about stuff you have no control over maybe you will be happier....maybe someday one of those who you brush off as inconsequential will save your [edited]someday....maybe....don't think I would when people like you at the start of a match start crying like little girls I just laugh.

See the source image

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

The good CV players won't be able to completely shut down the worse ones, so the worse players, even if they can't compete with the better ones, can do something to help their team.

The other part of it is that the loss of your carrier (or, God forbid, both your carriers) shouldn't spell doom for the team. 

Players like the OP are what made me loath to play CV much at all in the current iteration. Do I suck at CV? Absolutely I suck at CV, and I suck even worse now that I've got to Tier 6. But without getting experience in random battles, without being that poor bastard with 39% win rate in their Independence who finishes in the bottom half each time, how was I ever supposed to get better? (Not that specific player, but of similar performance, no doubt.) Once I knew what was coming, it was easier just to do the minimum to get my Tier 6 CV (unnecessary now that they've brought torpedo bombers back to Tier 4, LOL) and sit tight until the changes went through. Better that than be roundly abused by eleven random strangers as that f#$%^ noob CV driver who lost the game for them.

The simple truth is that everyone wanted Farazelleth or Femennenly as their carrier driver, but they couldnt' have them. At least the skill set required to play reworked CV will be somewhat different, and won't be so geared to people who are gifted with being able to micromanage and multitask under pressure.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
20,784 posts
5,614 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The other part of it is that the loss of your carrier (or, God forbid, both your carriers) shouldn't spell doom for the team. 

Not so sure about that. If you lose both your CVs, it's no different than if they got deplaned. Their contribution, poor or not, is stopped completely.

At that point, it becomes a matter of how much the rework mechanics let them pull ahead in the damage race. But as long as your CVs are afloat, you can rack up some level of damage to offset theirs.

The biggest difference is, currently, there are two ways to shut down an enemy CV, and only one post-rework.

Members
20,784 posts
5,614 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The simple truth is that everyone wanted Farazelleth or Femennenly as their carrier driver, but they couldnt' have them. At least the skill set required to play reworked CV will be somewhat different, and won't be so geared to people who are gifted with being able to micromanage and multitask under pressure.

And if that gets more people playing, law of averages means fewer potatoes and unis, so even if you are horrid, there will be a better chance of you being matched up against an average player than a good one.

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,794 battles
3 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Ok so let me get this straight, you wrote this for WG but are not interested in a response from WG because you can't trust them.  You have 27k battles and you show us this 1 battle and now MM needs a rework.  If you wanna talk to WG about this then go tell them.  

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles
23 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

The biggest difference is, currently, there are two ways to shut down an enemy CV, and only one post-rework.

I think you're right. However, previously the loss/deplaning of a carrier (or both of them) was like the loss of a queen in chess - all else being equal, an unrecoverable disaster. Now that killing the carrier is the only way to get it off the battlefield, we are likely to see an increase in carrier-sniping for quite a while, both by the opposing CV and by stealthy destroyers trying to sneak through.