Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
anonym_3PcbQIcaagnb

Why do people think the orville is great?

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
282 posts

Why would people think a show featuring a series about an idiot for a captain is great? The storylines are bad, the humor is brain dead, and look is dumb.

Lets look at that ship the orville

Foxs-the-orville-season-1-photos_3cn8.thumb.jpg.7c754505a3c6c72ffb66aa3fafccc099.jpg

As you can see is a small hunk of junk explorer with p$%s poor weapons. That is lame now this ship is more like it.

Foxs-the-orville-season-1-photos_3cn8.thumb.jpg.5b6273a402eac051556b132af085b78c.jpg

A massive warship that is covered with weapons. That is more bada#$ then a tiny little piece of junk.

The crew of the Orville

Foxs-the-orville-season-1-photos_3cn8.jpg.d03a1f108f18d67a96ccbadd0d5e39e6.jpg

Well lets see an idiot captain, an idiot first officer, a pervert chief engineer, a man child for a helmsman, a bland doctor, a security chief who is barely an adult, a second officer who is a jerk, and a science officer who does not even wear the uniform(as silly as they look). 

 

 Whitebeard_Crew_1722.jpg.01665cb871219322e40a98c0f7c8db10.jpg

Now just picture them on a starship.

Whats next oh aliens and robots, yeah they look bad. Isaac is a robot with a light bulb for a head, Bortus has a piece of poop for a head, and Alara looks cheap.

  

  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,609
[INTEL]
Members
6,892 posts
27,614 battles

Of course the Orville is great.

Humor, good stories, shows Star Trek types characters from the human side.

Done by Seth McFarland, need I say more?

 

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
886 posts

While I do not prefer the look of the ship - the show is GREAT!

Agree with RAM, alexf24 does pretty much cover it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
929
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,358 posts

 

25 minutes ago, M8i said:

Why would people think a show featuring a series about an idiot for a captain is great? The storylines are bad, the humor is brain dead, and look is dumb.

Lets look at that ship the orville

Foxs-the-orville-season-1-photos_3cn8.thumb.jpg.7c754505a3c6c72ffb66aa3fafccc099.jpg

As you can see is a small hunk of junk explorer with p$%s poor weapons. That is lame now this ship is more like it.

Foxs-the-orville-season-1-photos_3cn8.thumb.jpg.5b6273a402eac051556b132af085b78c.jpg

A massive warship that is covered with weapons. That is more bada#$ then a tiny little piece of junk.

The crew of the Orville

Foxs-the-orville-season-1-photos_3cn8.jpg.d03a1f108f18d67a96ccbadd0d5e39e6.jpg

Well lets see an idiot captain, an idiot first officer, a pervert chief engineer, a man child for a helmsman, a bland doctor, a security chief who is barely an adult, a second officer who is a jerk, and a science officer who does not even wear the uniform(as silly as they look). 

 

 Whitebeard_Crew_1722.jpg.01665cb871219322e40a98c0f7c8db10.jpg

Now just picture them on a starship.

Whats next oh aliens and robots, yeah they look bad. Isaac is a robot with a light bulb for a head, Bortus has a piece of poop for a head, and Alara looks cheap.

  

Don't(However to each His/Her Own)  Why because it's a Parody of a show I do like Star Trek just as Spaceballs is a Parody of Star Wars

21 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I have to ask. Is there ANYTHING you like?

:Smile_great:See Above

 

7 minutes ago, Ram101_1 said:

alexf24 has said it all, no need to say anything. I agree with him 100%... 

:Smile_great:Ditto  I also don't like Sports,,  I did like  Birds of Prey,Babalon5 and many more I also don't like sports or "Many' Reality  Shows,   Case in point Big Brother,The Amazing Race and many others OTH  I do like  Forged In Fire and several others solution?   Easy if someone is watching it and changing the channel will cause issues(As it would with me and I was watching something I liked)Do something else go to the PC and play a game,Stream or watch a movie,Read A Book:cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,730 battles

 

 

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
2 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Of course the Orville is great.

Humor, good stories, shows Star Trek types characters from the human side.

Done by Seth McFarland, need I say more?

 

Oh yeah and those non humans.

BortusCropped.thumb.jpg.734034e3195556791727c6d163c77acd.jpg

the-orville-season-2-episode-3-home.thumb.jpg.c1296fe2216820f68b8a47a3a81641e7.jpg

MV5BOWZmOTc1NzUtYmIyZi00ODc2LWIwYmQtYTRlODlmYjJjNDM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1MzkwMDY@._V1_.thumb.jpg.0819dbfbd9dad896c988b0818cc52de1.jpg

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
41 minutes ago, Klaatu_Nicto said:

 

 

 

1 hour ago, jmanII said:

While I do not prefer the look of the ship - the show is GREAT!

Agree with RAM, alexf24 does pretty much cover it.

The show is terrible and is sad that it is one of the only sci fi shows on network tv.   

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
886 posts
Just now, M8i said:

The show is terrible and is sad that it is one of the only sci fi shows on network tv.   

Just go back to watching the Kardashians and Drag race. 

You just don't get the point of the show and are not worth arguing with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,730 battles
2 hours ago, M8i said:

 

The show is terrible and is sad that it is one of the only sci fi shows on network tv.   

Sci Fi shows on network TV have a habit of getting cancelled quickly like this one.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,730 battles

A big development today in the youtube sci fi world.

 

:Smile_izmena:

Spoiler

 

 

:Smile_great:

Spoiler

 

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,332 posts
1,475 battles
8 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I have to ask. Is there ANYTHING you like?

I would have to care what he likes to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,730 battles

Starz has a good series.

 

 

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
9,402 posts
6 hours ago, Klaatu_Nicto said:

Sci Fi shows on network TV have a habit of getting cancelled quickly like this one.

 

 

 

 

 

Much of the viewership for scifi shows turns out, prefer to binge watch them on a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Prime.   We are moving away from counting Nielsen ratings on the first few episodes in network TV, into sheer number of views on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime.   As it turns out, SyFy shows had bigger viewerships and made more money on streaming services than their home network.   Thus decisions why SyFy would cancel their shows like the Expanse, is not too surprising.  Shows like the Expanse are better fit on streaming services, where we have already seen a bumper crop of genre shows.   As for SyFy, its entire model of operation can be said to be under existential disruption.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,663
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,002 posts

He's taking a parody show seriously...   xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,730 battles

Stargate Command has just released on youtube a couple of excellent episodes from the SG1 series.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,503
[WOLF9]
Members
7,605 posts
3,239 battles

I don't like Seth McFarland.  I HATE Family Guy. etc.

But The Orville is a lot fun.  (Admittedly, the first ep of the new season was a little tedious, and it doesn't deserve to breathe the same air  vacuum as Firefly, but it's okay.)

Why don't you like it, @M8i?

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,730 battles
19 hours ago, Eisennagel said:

 

 

Much of the viewership for scifi shows turns out, prefer to binge watch them on a streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Prime.   We are moving away from counting Nielsen ratings on the first few episodes in network TV, into sheer number of views on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime.   As it turns out, SyFy shows had bigger viewerships and made more money on streaming services than their home network.   Thus decisions why SyFy would cancel their shows like the Expanse, is not too surprising.  Shows like the Expanse are better fit on streaming services, where we have already seen a bumper crop of genre shows.   As for SyFy, its entire model of operation can be said to be under existential disruption.  

 

 

 

I've pretty much given up on SyFy giving us good scifi.   I'll be signing up with Amazon Prime when the next season of the Expanse starts up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,617
[PSP]
Members
7,987 posts

I just found out that I can watch The Orville online at the Fox website. I thoroughly enjoy it. It's like a Star Trek that doesn't take itself too seriously. However, it does deal with current issues but in a more subtle way than some of the new "comic book" shows, which seem to be written for idiot grown-up children and thus think that every point must be hammered in ad nauseam.

Speaking of Star Trek, have you seen this fan movie? It is in the same timeline as the original series and if you discount the amateur acting is really pretty good. Skip to 24 minutes to watch the movie, unless you want the background info. BTW, the guy speaking was a writer for several SciFi shows.

  

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,730 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I don't like Seth McFarland.  I HATE Family Guy. etc.

But The Orville is a lot fun.  (Admittedly, the first ep of the new season was a little tedious, and it doesn't deserve to breathe the same air  vacuum as Firefly, but it's okay.)

Why don't you like it, @M8i?

 

 

Actually, I've never watched an episode of The Orville. All I've seen of it are the clips on youtube of the Majority Rule episode which was brought to my attention at a libertarian website I visit daily. After what happened to Firefly I refused to watch any new show on Fox until after it had aired on Fox for several seasons then I'll binge watch to get caught up before the new season starts. Threshold was a good series on CBS or NBC but it got the Firefly treatment too. 

A good show, not scifi, that got canceled after it's first season was Jericho on CBS but fans started the 'nuts campaign' and were victorious. CBS brought it back for half a season but said if they did not get better viewer numbers it will end. The show didn't get the numbers but the producers knew that might happen so they filmed two endings for the last episode, one for if it gets renewed and one for if it gets canceled, which gave us fans some closure but left the door open for it to continue if it got picked up by another network.  Too bad it didn't. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×