Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrayPanther2018

Key commands list

12 comments in this topic

Members
145 posts
1,368 battles

I am rather new to the game and only rely on this forum,Youtube and the WOWS game guides. (No facebook, twitter, or other "social" media)

It seems that the WOWS game guide of what the keyboard keys do is rather incomplete. There seems to be nothing on how the game chat works for instrance.

I could just randomly hit keys in the game to see what they do but I think that may annoy other players and I have accidentaly hit a key (maybe the number pad 1) that completely locks out my keyboard from the game, not good for gameplay.

Is there a list or directory somewhere that has that information? I have done searches of this forum with poor results.

Thanks for the help!

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,403 battles

In battle chat! Press enter to open, type message, press enter to send and close

when chat is open press tab to cycle recipients from team to all to division etc.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,633 posts
2,633 battles

I THINK f1 in battle pulls up a help screen. Could be thinking of another game though:Smile-_tongue:

You can also check your key bindings in settings. All the really important stuff is labeled in you HUD, but there is a lot of useful stuff not labeled (disable aa using P [default] for example)

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
323 posts

On the settings menu go to controls most of the information is there for the controls in game

2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I THINK f1 in battle pulls up a help screen. Could be thinking of another game though:Smile-_tongue:

You can also check your key bindings in settings. All the really important stuff is labeled in you HUD, but there is a lot of useful stuff not labeled (disable aa using P [default] for example)

I believe you are right. F1 brings up the menu for the controls etc in battle.  The actual on screen buttons have the bound key displayed on them in battle as well. Just look for the icons .

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,879 posts
2,663 battles

F1 does open up full controls & commands info   

Beta Testers
1,583 posts
9,679 battles

If all you are looking for is what each F-key does, the easiest thing to do in a match is to simply press Tab.  To the left of the team list is a list of all the F-keys and what quick chat message they trigger.

[-TOG-]
Members
77 posts
1,697 battles

B also works to figure out what the F-keys do and you can activate one by clicking with the mouse.

Members
145 posts
1,368 battles

Thanks for the info. It helps some.

I tried chat and somewhere the TAB and maybe the X key or hitting the H key that was displayed the chat controls locked up my keyboard so I could not control the ship at all.

And there are still some keys that are not listed.

[WOLF9]
Members
7,629 posts
3,243 battles

Hit <esc> to get out of chat without sending.

Look in the Tutorials and Game Guides section of this forum; I'm sure there's a key map in there.

@Quaffer strikes again!

Edited by iDuckman

[SPCU]
Members
556 posts
4,721 battles
7 hours ago, dzilla77 said:

B also works to figure out what the F-keys do and you can activate one by clicking with the mouse.

And if your reticule/crosshairs are on a ship it will add that ship to the message... i.e. focus fire on gearing-xanshin and highlight the ship on the minimap for teammates... to point out nasty lolibotes and radar cruisers.

• Cool 1

Members
145 posts
1,368 battles

Thanks for the help!  I think I have a feeling for chat now. I did find another key finally, the key for the horn. I  suppose that one is not listed for the button abusers in the game.  Not me I swear!

[WOLF9]
Members
7,629 posts
3,243 battles
1 hour ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

the key for the horn. I  suppose that one is not listed for the button abusers in the game.

The horn has a limited duration and recharges slowly.  Pretty mush abuse-proof.  When you hear a horn, look around.  Someone may be beeping at you.

It's relatively new so may not have gotten into older documents.

Sign in to follow this