You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MannyD_of_The_Sea

CV Rework: Compensation Questions

13 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,280 battles

@Femennenly @Gneisenau013 @turbo07 @Radar_X

OK, I have read the CV Rework FAQ that @Femennenly has posted, and I have a few questions regarding the compensation for CVs if we don't like the rework. The portion of the FAQ about which I ask is:

Refunds and Trade-ins:

1. What can I do if I don't like the rework and I have researched / purchased CVs?
    We are offering Free exp/credit refunds for Tech Tree CVs, and Doubloon refund options for Premium CVs.

I have seen some threads where folks are concerned about what this means. Although it seems fairly straightforward to me, some are concerned that a 1:1 compensation is not explicitly stated in the above, and I suppose it is not, so, I ask, putting forth some approximate numbers as examples:

1. If I've researched U.S. T8-9-10 CVs to the tune of 685,000 XP, for example (120k+160k+255k for ships, plus 45k+105k for upgrade path modules), and decide to sell off, do I get 685,000 Free XP from that selloff?

2. Likewise, is it 1:1 for credits? If I spent 66 million credits purchasing those ships and modules/upgrades, do I get 66 million credits back? Or, is it a normal "sell off at 50% credits" proposition?

3. With the odd tiers going away, are the research/purchase costs associated with odd-tire CVs being rolled into the even-tier ship costs for refund purposes, as they are for new research/purchases?

4. For players in clans, what if ships were researched and/or purchased before the associated clans acquired bonuses that are in play for a given player/clan now? are selloff prices (both for Free XP and credits) at the current clan discount rates, or is the time/discount history of purchases and discounts accessible to WG, and being applied to this compensation effort?

5. When does this window to obtain refunds open? At the drop of 0.8.0, or later? When does the window close?

Thank you for your forthcoming detailed and clarifying reply.

[WGA]
Administrator, Retired Community Contributors
484 posts
13,050 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

@Femennenly @Gneisenau013 @turbo07 @Radar_X

OK, I have read the CV Rework FAQ that @Femennenly has posted, and I have a few questions regarding the compensation for CVs if we don't like the rework. The portion of the FAQ about which I ask is:

I have seen some threads where folks are concerned about what this means. Although it seems fairly straightforward to me, some are concerned that a 1:1 compensation is not explicitly stated in the above, and I suppose it is not, so, I ask, putting forth some approximate numbers as examples:

1. If I've researched U.S. T8-9-10 CVs to the tune of 685,000 XP, for example (120k+160k+255k for ships, plus 45k+105k for upgrade path modules), and decide to sell off, do I get 685,000 Free XP from that selloff?

2. Likewise, is it 1:1 for credits? If I spent 66 million credits purchasing those ships and modules/upgrades, do I get 66 million credits back? Or, is it a normal "sell off at 50% credits" proposition?

3. With the odd tiers going away, are the research/purchase costs associated with odd-tire CVs being rolled into the even-tier ship costs for refund purposes, as they are for new research/purchases?

4. For players in clans, what if ships were researched and/or purchased before the associated clans acquired bonuses that are in play for a given player/clan now? are selloff prices (both for Free XP and credits) at the current clan discount rates, or is the time/discount history of purchases and discounts accessible to WG, and being applied to this compensation effort?

5. When does this window to obtain refunds open? At the drop of 0.8.0, or later? When does the window close?

Thank you for your forthcoming detailed and clarifying reply.

Heyo!

We will have a portal article coming soon with more details on exactly how the refund system will work :)

Please be patient while we get this prepared. 

• Boring 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,393 battles

@Femennenly I protest greatly and stand in refusal to have any of my 10 CVs removed from my port regardless of whatever compensation may be offered! Leave My Ships Alone!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,626 posts
2,633 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Femennenly I protest greatly and stand in refusal to have any of my 10 CVs removed from my port regardless of whatever compensation may be offered! Leave My Ships Alone!

They are keeping your even tiers. Your midway is safe

• Angry 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,393 battles

@_1204_ As I stated! I protest greatly and stand in refusal to have any on my 10 CVs, which include IJN tiers 4, 5 and 6 and US tiers 5 to 10 plus Saipan to be removed from my port regardless of whatever compensation may be offered! Leave My Ships Alone!

I do not care any longer about whatever changes WG has made to CV play! LEAVE MY SHIPS ALONE! 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,280 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@_1204_ As I stated! I protest greatly and stand in refusal to have any on my 10 CVs, which include IJN tiers 4, 5 and 6 and US tiers 5 to 10 plus Saipan to be removed from my port regardless of whatever compensation may be offered! Leave My Ships Alone!

I do not care any longer about whatever changes WG has made to CV play! LEAVE MY SHIPS ALONE! 

Per the EULA, WoWs is WG's world; they just let you live in it.

• Angry 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,280 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo!

We will have a portal article coming soon with more details on exactly how the refund system will work :)

Please be patient while we get this prepared. 

Thank you for your reply.

I understand and respect the plea for patience; likewise, please consider that the time available between now and the release of the next build, in order for players to efficiently manage resources and position oneself well, is short.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,280 battles
2 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@MannyD_of_The_Sea My stated protest and refusal still stands! You are Welcome to keep your nose out of it!

Then I suggest YOU make YOUR OWN THREAD about it and NOT POLLUTE MINE, you pompous little (and ultimately unsuccessful) windbag!

Be advised it is you sticking your nose into someone else's matter, and not I. You are welcome to understand this and amend you manner accordingly, but I have grave doubts that you will do so.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,808 posts
1,513 battles
19 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Thank you for your reply.

I understand and respect the plea for patience; likewise, please consider that the time available between now and the release of the next build, in order for players to efficiently manage resources and position oneself well, is short.

This was from PTS, so it is subject to change.  On the Inventory screen where carriers were, it had a date of 2/19/19, I think, as the end of the window; i.e. at that point it was set up at 4 weeks, i.e. next major patch.

Of course, what Fem is talking about may have that date, or another.  We shall find out.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,280 battles
4 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Of course, what Fem is talking about may have that date, or another.  We shall find out.

Correct, but when I mean that time is short, I'm talking about needing to know the details of what commences on 1/23/2019, as that will affect what is the best use of my grind time before 1/23/2019!

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,092 posts
10,936 battles
3 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

My stated protest and refusal still stands! You are Welcome to keep your nose out of it!

I AM A SHIP HOARDER, ooppss SHIP COLLECTOR, Please leave all my ships ALONE

It took me a period of every year to earn enough doubloons to spend on the port slots when they are 75% sale, and extra effort to get enough credit to purchase them