You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Muzzle__Flash

Prinz E Friedrich grind Really?

34 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
1,700 battles

I have never been so dis-appointed in a grind.. Why would you almost absolutely require the the ship your trying to grind to complete the grind?????

The 4th stage WITHOUT the PEF will take an average player (sub 50% WR) 100 to 200+ games assuming he has the minimum 6 nations ships needed...

WG it seems obvious to me this is a money grab.. Sell tons of PEF's to finish the grind. you get lots of cash and players get doubloons...

So after all 3 stages I quit the grind because #1 its just not fun in the least #2 disappointing and impossible to complete for me. 

What you should have done is offer a mission to get a 10 day free rental of the PEF !!!!!!!

Edited by Muzzle__Flash
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[ARGSY]
Members
8,069 posts
5,480 battles
1 minute ago, Muzzle__Flash said:

minimum 4 nations ships needed...

You mean six.

I wasn't happy about the size of this grind the day we first heard about it. I'm still not happy about it even now, after winning the ship for free and getting the easy inside track. I used to be FTP; I know what those guys have to go through.

The grind is only this big because it has steel locked behind it. While I appreciate the opportunity the PEF offered to earn that steel, I think linking the two was a bad idea overall. It made the grind for a middle-of-the-road Tier 6 battlecruiser much harder than it should have been. They should have made it one or two million for each of those nations, and then separated the rest of that cash grind off into its own thing. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
4 minutes ago, Muzzle__Flash said:

I have never been so dis-appointed in a grind.. Why would you almost absolutely require the the ship your trying to grind to complete the grind?????

The 4th stage WITHOUT the PEF will take an average player (sub 50% WR) 100 to 200+ games assuming he has the minimum 4 nations ships needed...

WG it seems obvious to me this is a money grab.. Sell tons of PEF's to finish the grind. you get lots of cash and players get doubloons...

So after all 3 stages I quit the grind because #1 its just not fun in the least #2 disappointing and impossible to complete for me. 

What you should have done is offer a mission to get a 10 day free rental of the PEF !!!!!!!

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,159 posts
11,675 battles

There have been 15-120 threads about the "difficulty" of earning 4 Million credits across multiple lines, you are late to the party and not handy with using the forums search function apparently.

To be clear, it was a trivial task if you had purchased the PEF at the beginning and got the extra steel and all the doubloons for doing so - but you F2P'd it and now realize that its gonna take some work.  Well, WG is a business, not a charity - and while they can be very generous when you meet them halfway by supporting their business, they are absolutely gonna make you play an uncomfortably large amount of matches if you want it ALL for free.

Have a nice day.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles

This is a trivial task for very active players (F2P or not) with multiple T10s and a few premium ships kicking around.

It is not trivial for the hyper-casual or new player, but certainly not impossible.

I'm not really that upset at this.

[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
4,970 battles

Maybe they can do a similar campaign, and give the Alaska as a prize?:

"New from WoWs, the new 'I Baked my Brain in Alaska' campaign!      For the small task of obtaining 100,000,000 credits and 100 wins while playing Prinz Eitel Friedrich in our new super-up-tiered Tier-11 class..."  :cap_haloween:

Members
357 posts
4,321 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The grind is only this big because it has steel locked behind it. While I appreciate the opportunity the PEF offered to earn that steel, I think linking the two was a bad idea overall. It made the grind for a middle-of-the-road Tier 6 battlecruiser much harder than it should have been. They should have made it one or two million for each of those nations, and then separated the rest of that cash grind off into its own thing. 

Umm…. I  didn't get any Steel Campaign for earning the ship. Only that free perma camo campaign, unlocked. And the ability to cash in on the rest of the 400k rewards for whatever nation that the PEF has and I didn't do.

Edited by Hydra_360ci
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,069 posts
5,480 battles
1 minute ago, FlakKnight said:

t is not trivial for the hyper-casual or new player, but certainly not impossible.

How new is new? New enough not to have ground to Tier 5 in at least one line in all of six nations.  If you don't have that, you can't finish.

2 minutes ago, Hydra_360ci said:

Umm…. you don't get the Steel Campaign for earning the ship. Only that free perma camo campaign, unlocks.

The fact is that owning the PEF enables you to access a steel mission that is not available if you don't have it. 

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
6 minutes ago, Hydra_360ci said:

Umm…. I  didn't get any Steel Campaign for earning the ship. Only that free perma camo campaign, unlocked. And the ability to cash in on the rest of the 400k rewards for whatever nation that the PEF has and I didn't do.

As @Ensign_Cthulhu said, once you get the PEF, then look for the combat Mission Nerves of Steel. You need PEF to grind Nerves of Steel and can get 2,019 steel from it. Add in the 2,000 from the PEF Directives and that is 4,019 steel for grinding those free missions.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/176904-psa-snowflakes-steel-coal-prinz-eitel-friedrich-info/

• Cool 2

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,064 battles

We get like 2000 steel from that steel mission. 

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles

I have plenty of friends who did not buy the PEF and are not having any difficulty with the grind. They were earning at least 400k per game in T-7's So worst case scenario 60 battles for a free premium ship. If you want the PEF great put the work in. If you don't there is nobody putting a gun to your head and making you grind. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SOFOP]
Members
485 posts
5,426 battles

If you really focus on the credits, yes, its a grind.  Instead, I used it as incentive to push through a couple lines that I had not previously.  Got Russian cruiser line to T7, French cruisers to T8 i think, British BBs to T7.  Used Musashi and Tirpitz to push through Japan and Germany.  After that, the US was easy since I have a lot of ships in that line.

Do i want them to use this directive again?  No.  I think the 6 nation requirement was a bit much.  I have no problem giving the pay players an advantage, but that was pretty harsh on the freebie guys that haven't been around that long.

My biggest issue with the entire thing is, they get you what I consider a very good T6 premium...and then push you to play it until your eyes bleed.  After the missions expire, I figure I'll never sail her again, and i think it will be rare that anyone else does.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How new is new? New enough not to have ground to Tier 5 in at least one line in all of six nations.  If you don't have that, you can't finish.

The fact is that owning the PEF enables you to access a steel mission that is not available if you don't have it. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to call someone who can't field those ships new.  Even if before this event you had only focused on a few lines, if you had significant play time in the game you would likely have a few premiums from a couple other nations and enough FXP/creds to simply get up to T5 in a new line to do the missions.  Tier 5 was even reduced in cost and time investment.

Members
357 posts
4,321 battles

k.... I'll look to see how much I have left to do. But, I've been focusing on the campaign thing since getting the ship. Should be unlocking the Dallas, today, when I get back from work.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
891 posts
48 minutes ago, Muzzle__Flash said:

The 4th stage WITHOUT the PEF will take an average player (sub 50% WR) 100 to 200+ games assuming he has the minimum 6 nations ships needed...

The PEF is not required for the grind - only ships from 6 different nations.  You can use the PEF to finish out the left over missions if you want, and are concurrent with Nerves of Steel and Mighty Prinz Campaign.

"In the name of his highness" is obviously not for everyone.  Is it fair, maybe/maybe not.

I finished the entire thing in CO-OP.  It took the better part of 2 days, premiums and a ton of economic flags (thank you Christmas crates), but it is done - with 10 days to complete the follow on missions. 

It also made me get 24 million credits - I needed them anyway.

I am finding that the follow-on Nerves of Steel grind to be much harder, it requires you to actually use the underwhelming PEF.

[SOFOP]
Members
485 posts
5,426 battles

Everyone got the Nerves of Steel mission when the ship was implemented.  Assuming you have been playing the ship, you probably have some progress made.  The campaign doesn't require the PEF after the first mission, so there may be plenty of players who don't even know it is there.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
891 posts
1 minute ago, Bill_Halsey said:

The question is this: How badly do you need the steel?

and/or want to skip to tier VI in 5 different ship lines - with perm camo to boot! 

Members
357 posts
4,321 battles

Well I sure didn't.... I tend not to go into the mission objective screens due to the annoying wait time for the loading to finish.

Another thing that bugs me is having to hit the Agree button every time I want to play the game. (didn't used to be like that, there was a time where no agree button press was required....or maybe it was only required once during the install ...don't remember anymore).

Gotta wait for the Log-in screen to load.... log-in... Push Agree... then need to wait for the game to load some more.

Edited by Hydra_360ci
  • Bad 1

[NDA]
Supertester
5,068 posts
14,860 battles

Getting the PEF wasn't that hard. I held off on completing the Collection so that I would have those free days of WoWs Premium time to act as boosters. I than picked ship I knew I could do well in, covered them in a camo with a credit bonus and finally used every single Signal flag that also boosts credit earning. It probably took me less than 6 games in each nation I completed to unlock the PEF. Heck Took three games to get the USA mission done, Might Mo for the Win. 

The only nation I didn't complete the 4 million credit grind in was the French because the only thing worst than a Free Meh Boat is the French tech tree. 

Now is the PEF worth all the effort, its debatable. But I can tell you after playing 31 games to finish the PEF Steel Mission that is in game I started to question my need for 2019 steel. 

Ship is Meh. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,570 posts
13,451 battles

For sure the credit missions are hard or impossible if you don't own ships in at least 6 of the 7 tech tree nations. A lot of old-time players do, but most players under 1 year probably don't. But, them's the breaks for getting free content, says WG.

[SOFOP]
Members
485 posts
5,426 battles
8 minutes ago, Hydra_360ci said:

Well I sure didn't.... I tend not to go into the mission objective screens due to the annoying wait time for the loading to finish.

Another thing that bugs me is having to hit the Agree button every time I want to play the game. (didn't used to be like that, there was a time where no agree button press was required....or maybe it was only required once during the install ...don't remember anymore).

Gotta wait for the Log-in screen to load.... log-in... Push Agree... then need to wait for the game to load some more.

I've never seen an Agree page that I can recall.

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
44 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

This is a trivial task for very active players (F2P or not) with multiple T10s and a few premium ships kicking around.

It is not trivial for the hyper-casual or new player, but certainly not impossible.

I'm not really that upset at this.

If one is a hyper-casual player who's only playing maybe an hour a day, if that, that sort of player should never expect to be able to earn a free premium ship from such a campaign.  These campaigns are aimed at dedicated players, and are essentially loyalty bonuses of a sort.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
562 posts
2,537 battles

I completed this "horrible mindless grind" in 3 days over less than 100 games.    I used flags and premium ships I had available, it wasn't that bad at all.

Its important to remember its GROSS credits earned, which unless you die instantly should be at least 250k per game (I was averaging closer to 400k myself).    Thats only like 25 games per country, thats not that bad.

Now the PEF itself, THAT thing it bad.   The grind is easy, the ship you get, is terrible.

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
1 hour ago, Muzzle__Flash said:

Oh, puh-leeeeeeze.  The 4th directive was incredibly easy for anyone who is a decent player and has some higher tier ships (preferably premium ships), and even more so, if you have a premium account.  Just use some Zulu flags, play random battles, have a decent game (win or lose), and earn plenty of credits.  I'm pretty sure that I finished the 4th directive in less than 60 serious battles (i.e. 10 battles or less per nation).  (Note: I played some coop battles in there that certainly earned some coin, but I was doing it more for relaxation than credit earning, since credits are much more difficult to earn in coop than in other game modes.  And I didn't count them towards that 60 serious battles.)

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1