You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Alfredo

New Ship

39 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
10 battles

Qolp5QQ.png

The account of the game has been deleted, I brought the news.

The new Japanese Imperial Cruiser is being tested. This ship is the Terror Hill, a hull of a heavy cruiser but with a cannon of the autumn months. Her air defense is top ten at level 10. His characteristics: - 12x2 100mm/65 dual purpose gun - 4x5 610mm torpedo, 93 to 3 There is also a secret, will this be Japan's first radar ship?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[RE]
Members
489 posts
19,094 battles
22 minutes ago, Admiral_Alfredo said:

Her air defense is top ten at level 10

I might be wrong but I prefer 100 rating on AA :Smile_hiding:

Alpha Tester
1,316 posts
9,874 battles
3 minutes ago, Darthvader_9 said:

I might be wrong but I prefer 100 rating on AA :Smile_hiding:

Prob Google translate english I would expect this thing to have good aa, then again this is wg

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,794 posts
6,168 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

then again this is wg

probably not

[WAIFU]
Members
15 posts
2,559 battles

The correct translation would be this ship has "top tier AA at Tier 10", with Akizuki guns instead of heavy cruiser guns. Radar and Type 93 mod 3 torpedoes (Harugumo torpedoes). From the picture it seems it can fire an 18-gun broadside.

TL; DR: 1.8*Harugumo. Puts Worcester to shame.

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
144 posts
9,788 battles

wow ... i like this.

It is a CL after all. It dont have smoke and concealment of DD. It's just Japan Worcester with smaller gun, torp instead radar and it cant hide behind island like Worcester.

[-K-]
Members
5,795 posts
9,827 battles
2 hours ago, Singleshot said:

wow ... i like this.

It is a CL after all. It dont have smoke and concealment of DD. It's just Japan Worcester with smaller gun, torp instead radar and it cant hide behind island like Worcester.

Do we really need more Worcester type ships in the game?  Can we water down the skill level any more?

• Funny 1

[SPTR]
Members
26,352 posts
11,647 battles

This looks and stays on the chinese server.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
2 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

This looks and stays on the chinese server.

Almost certainly, but if you want a glimpse of what Tier 11 would be like, here it is. :Smile_trollface:

[WGA]
Administrator
800 posts
454 battles

Hello Captains,

This post is not related to the NA server.

Please keep an eye out on the developer blog for upcoming ships/features/changes.

Thanks!

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
215 posts
3,321 battles

If this thing has was released with a similar fire chance as Zao it would be like the glory days of Atlanta at super tier 10 levels!  BURN BABY BURN!

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
1,515 posts
8,693 battles

The 100mm cruiser is one of my pipe-dream ships along with the Super Alsace. It'd honestly surprise me that the Chinese server is producing this thing all on their own so there must be some basic work being done by the development team. Hopefully it won't be a Steel ship, but we're 2 for 3 for tier ten premiums being Steel.

Beta Testers
1,597 posts
3,811 battles
3 hours ago, iKami said:

Hello Captains,

This post is not related to the NA server.

Please keep an eye out on the developer blog for upcoming ships/features/changes.

Thanks!

Is this only for certain servers? Is it exclusive to wows legends?  Would be nice to see the dev blog publish this soon as that page looks an awful lot like a dev post except written in a different language.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,794 posts
6,168 battles
3 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Is this only for certain servers? Is it exclusive to wows legends?  Would be nice to see the dev blog publish this soon as that page looks an awful lot like a dev post except written in a different language.

For the -nth time posted here: this is the Chinese server.  It is completely independent and releases its entirely own content.

Most of which is unsubstantiated nonsense like this.

Edited by GE_Capital

[WGA]
Administrator
800 posts
454 battles
3 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Hello, World of Warships in China is published differently and they have their own ships. 

This post is done by their region and does not apply to the NA server. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,447 posts
2,075 battles
Just now, Sparviero said:

Interesting this thread had Lesta in damage control so quickly. :cap_cool:

If we take the Ansaldo 4x3 cruiser and replace the 152mm guns with 135mm/53... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
410 posts
6,280 battles
On 1/16/2019 at 7:53 AM, Admiral_Alfredo said:

Qolp5QQ.png

The account of the game has been deleted, I brought the news.

The new Japanese Imperial Cruiser is being tested. This ship is the Terror Hill, a hull of a heavy cruiser but with a cannon of the autumn months. Her air defense is top ten at level 10. His characteristics: - 12x2 100mm/65 dual purpose gun - 4x5 610mm torpedo, 93 to 3 There is also a secret, will this be Japan's first radar ship?

Translator is drunk.

'New Imperial Japanese Cruiser is in testing. This is the Mount Osore (恐山), a heavy cruiser with Akizuki (秋月) guns. Her AA is top notch at tier 10. His (ship suddenly switched gender here) characteristics are: 12x2 100mm/65 dual purpose guns, 4x5 610mm Type 93 Mod 3 torpedoes. There is also a secret, will this be the first Japanese ship to have radar?'

Edited by Noble_Taipan

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,132 posts
63 battles
43 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

If we take the Ansaldo 4x3 cruiser and replace the 152mm guns with 135mm/53... :Smile_trollface:

Mmmmm

found the old thread about the Japanese design.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/4152-the-anti-aircraft-cruiser-design/

Not much is known about this cruiser design but here I try to collect the few bits.

4 ships (Hull number 815,816,817,818) are ordered in the 1941 5th Naval Armaments Supplement Programme but none of the ships were laid down. They were ordered after the defeat of Midway and would be heavily armed with 10cm Type 98 AA guns and numerous 25mm AA machine guns. No project number ever found for this design but actually two variants seem to exist.

The other is a smaller vessel with only 4 such turrets but also to carry seaplanes, sources say this design was chosen. Other sources say this would be a command ship for destroyer squadrons, especially the AA Destroyers of the Akizuki class and to keep up with the fast carriers. For such role floatplanes are envisioned, as well space for commanding officers and radio equipment.
Here are the known data of these two designs:
Dimensions: 172m x 15,8m x 5.7m
Engine Power: 103.000shp 4 shafts,
Range: 13.000km on 33km/h (7.000nm on 18knots)
Armaments:
12x2 100mm (3 forward, 3 aft, 3-3 on the side)
100 mines
(Later, smaller version)
Armaments:
4x2 100mm

Criticizable the large amount of twin gun turrets on such small hull and displacement. It is only known what kind of weapons these ships would carry but not in what kind of mounts. For the 10cm Type 98 guns 3 kinds of mounts are developed but only two used: The fully enclosed turret used by the Akizuki class (and to be used on the B-65 Battlecruisers) and what is shown here, the open mounting used on the Oyodo and Taiho classes and the 3rd shielded mounting would be used on the Shinano and A-150 Super Yamato classes

The fully enclosed turret weighted 33,4tons while the open mounting only 20,4tons.

B4AC91CAB4494A55B2F419641202F714.jpg

the_japanese_atlanta_by_tzoli-d7pd8x0.pn

the_japanese_atlanta_coloured_by_tzoli-d