Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Silence is Golden

5 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,211 posts
13,807 battles

Sometimes, it's better to just shut up (aka, don't shoot), and just spot and cap.  Some subtle spotting strategy involved with that Leander...especially after I spotted the second red, explained below.

My original goal was a bee line to the center in the hopes of catching their DD up the middle. On the way, I spotted the Leander (2:10). As I had plenty of supporting shooters, I decided to shadow spot. If he smoked, I would radar him. No need for me to shoot and give my position away.

When I spotted the second red, this actually gave the Leander good intel. I'm pretty sure the red ship clicked his spot range ring, which when cross referenced with the Leander spot ring, pretty much told him which square I was in. Note the Leander turrets pointed in my direction. He knows I'm there...somewhere. He might even think I'm a DD. Either way, he's loaded and ready, as is (likely) the BB I spotted.  I stay quiet.

I make a slight mistake by allowing myself to be spotted for a short period. In retrospect, this might have been to my benefit as the Leander, at that point, would know he was toast as he was in radar range. Our team takes him out at 3:31.

At 4:08, my original guess that their DD would push middle was founded, as the two DDs made contact. I'm still unspotted and on the way. At 4:45, the enemy DD smokes up...just outside my radar range. But I'm closing.

I give friendlies a heads up that I will put radar on him. I get two acknowledgments...which is always comforting knowing friendlies are waiting to unload on the spot. At 5:11, I radar up the DD, and our team quickly takes him out.

After a few fleeting shots at some red BBs, I decide to run to the cap, where I pretty much sat and did nothing else for the cap win. In this case, silence is golden.

Kudos to the team at large. I had a very good supporting cast on our push west, providing concentrated fire on ships I spotted. Our east force held very well, with very nice kite/flex that drew a superior force far enough forward that the reds were unable to return and defend the cap.

• Cool 2

[RLBAD]
Members
13 posts
2,111 battles

very well done. I always look for pews coming from smoke so i can pew back. Glad to see not everyone is a lemming.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,162 battles

Holding fire is what some people lack, they just have to shoot, then get obliterated as they're the only thing spotted, spotting a dd and holding fire while your team deal with them, make them take the damage so when you do engage you have the upper hand, or they waste a smoke running away, while you get the cap, nice to see team play

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,393 posts
13,932 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

JkiyvSW.gif

lols. just suffered another game with a Nurnberg.... who just couldn't stop shooting.... you guessed it …..detonation....

Sign in to follow this