You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

I can't believe today's Coops

41 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
1,868 posts
6,204 battles

Yes, they were coops, yes, it was T3 & T4 ships. But three 5 kill coops in a row is surprising. Enemy ships are deleted so fast in most coops having that many ships to shoot at is odd. With that kind of luck I should have picked up a lottery ticket when I was out.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,593 posts
1,105 battles

That because co-op teammates skill level are dropping for some reason. Wonder if school’s out. 

[RNMD2]
[RNMD2]
Members
46 posts

Definitely,

skilled random players are there 100%

5 min all robots are DEAD,

if y have a smoke so no  exp&all other rewardz)   

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
951 posts
4,442 battles
25 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Or random mains doing missions.

This.  I can't tell you the number of "friendly torps" I have had to dodge today.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[-GDP-]
2,593 posts
1,105 battles

Could explain why they are rude, talk trash in chat and yelling at our bot CV for being bad at supporting him.

• Funny 3

[RNMD2]
[RNMD2]
Members
46 posts
7 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Could explain why they are rude, talk trash in chat and yelling at our bot CV for being bad at supporting him.

Oh Bro it's the most cool thing :cap_haloween: asking aa cover for allied bot cv

[SPCU]
Members
563 posts
4,733 battles

You know they're new to co op when they're trying to camp behind islands or lob shells from the 10 line... or demand spotting... and aa support from bots...

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
122 posts
11,207 battles

yah today was a joke in PVE, too many "Pro's" barking orders and camping in the back behind islands all the while reporting anybody who did not please them. you have to laugh!

• Bad 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,413 posts
15,881 battles

5 minutes is routine.  Shortest I've had is 3 minutes and about 40-something seconds.

2 hours ago, Xanshin said:

You know they're new to co op when they're trying to camp behind islands or lob shells from the 10 line... or demand spotting... and aa support from bots...

When I was still working on Snowflake Grinding, I recall some guy playing in his Musashi in Co-op.  I was playing Yamato.  He had the middle spawn, I was out in the northwestern corner.  I handled my business in the west half of the map and I look to the middle.  The Musashi player was facing the enemy bot Yamato and was getting the bad end of that fight.  He complains in chat that he fired HE for 4k damage on Yamato, but the Yammie fires back with AP into his bow on Musashi and he loses 40k :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm far away but I am in range, I get some 19km salvos off and they citadel the bot Yamato a few times for good damage, but not before it finishes the Musashi player.  The Musashi player did a "pass" on the side of Yamato and it citadeled some more from the side and the player died.

I told him afterwards he has gigantic 460mm guns with powerful AP.  He should be sticking to that because it would do great damage and penetrations / citadels.  Yamato has great armor forward but the only AP shells in the game that can plow right through that is another Yamato-class 460mm guns.  Also warned him not to show his broadside so much :Smile_popcorn:Keep the fighting in front of you and you'll be fine!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[TCNNA]
Members
468 posts
13,191 battles

In co-op bot tier 3 4 aim is really bad. You just yolo them with DD and can kill many as your reload is up. Tier 5 bot aim become better tier 6 on they hit you from 20 km away even if you manouver. (Quite) 😉

[_-_]
Members
1,593 posts
5 hours ago, Xanshin said:

Or random mains doing missions.

It's funny how many people don't realize that bots are very hard to hit at back-line ranges, and will instantly change angles when they sense a change between HE/AP and vice versa.

Bot tactics are pretty dumb, but their evasion and accuracy are better than most humans.

[INTEL]
Members
998 posts
9,842 battles
3 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

It's funny how many people don't realize that bots are very hard to hit at back-line ranges, and will instantly change angles when they sense a change between HE/AP and vice versa.

Bot tactics are pretty dumb, but their evasion and accuracy are better than most humans.

IKR, its almost like the bots have computer controlled targeting or something...

• Funny 1

Members
284 posts
3,196 battles

Last night, I'm in a Yorck, and a Missouri is asking for help with the bot Missouri.  I'm in A cap, and sail all the way to C cap, beginning firing HE rounds from about 17K out...when I got to A cap the Missouri sailed out from behind the island he had found shelter behind to fight.  I shaved about 33,000 HP off the Missouri before he sank it.  Did I mention there were only 3 non bots in this game.  The Scharnhorst at C with me was great, we cleaned up B and C caps and he went after the carrier while I went to A.  The Missouri must have been a good player, he had just been cleaning up A by himself mostly after the bots on his side of the map evaporated.  He finished first on the team, so must have been doing something right. 

[WOLF6]
Members
470 posts
5,394 battles
30 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

It feels like I get set on fire more often in co-op than in randoms . One shell from a bot dd and I'm ablaze . Meanwhile I struggle sometimes to set one fire with the KGV running DE and flags . Don't know if that's actually the case but it sure feels like it .

[_-_]
Members
1,593 posts
26 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

It feels like I get set on fire more often in co-op than in randoms . One shell from a bot dd and I'm ablaze . Meanwhile I struggle sometimes to set one fire with the KGV running DE and flags . Don't know if that's actually the case but it sure feels like it .

Oh, yeah. Bot fire and flooding chance is nothing like human.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,884 posts
2,681 battles

A lot of it probably sounds like  result of Snowflake campaign.  I really don't do Co-op, but ran my SF there for speed..  It took a bit but I felt like a true potato there...    The regular coop players know exactly where ships will be and truthfully its just a mad rush to farm damage....  DDs soak up most of it, there is little concern for capping or defense.  I found myself doing almost no damage, unless some teammates got nuked early and bots gained a lead quick.  I just am too hesitant from doing PVP to push straight ahead without any regard.     Its a different deal there.   Its not for me.... Might as well be a racing target range.   

• Cool 1

[SPCU]
Members
563 posts
4,733 battles

I almost forgot people complaining about the enemy cheating because the planes/ships knew right where to look for them... lol... or torpbeats... or how well they aim for your citadel... 

FWIW if its ai vs a low human count team if you find yourself getting trounced... as long as all the humans exit to port before the match ends it results in a draw rather than a loss.

[PVE]
Members
7,248 posts
12,509 battles
7 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

This.  I can't tell you the number of "friendly torps" I have had to dodge today.

OMG IKR. Back to back games I have been torped from behind in my DD's by so called "friendly's". And both times they gave ME negative karma and blamed ME (I actually had to make sure I didn't win up in PVP by accident somehow??? LOL). It's like are you drunk or stoned? :Smile_sceptic:

1st one I am in smoke firing as a bot Cruiser is coming at me. It is close to busting me so I am concentrating on it and waiting to launch torps at last minute as we all know they cheat. I finally launch just under 3km and start to move forward and then torp warnings start going off behind me and I am like huh what??? I then eat 2 of the 3 it fired. The "friendly" human right behind me going past my smoke decided to torp the same Cruiser. Now the ONLY way to do so was through me. NO clue what he/she was thinking.

The very next game the SAME scenario plays out. Sitting in smoke firing as a bunch of bots are closing in. My smoke actually runs out just as I torp and hit boost to get out of there when here come the sudden warnings from behind again and I eat 2 full spreads wham wham wham wham wham wham one after another before I have moved 2"'s. Once again a Cruiser piloted by a "friendly" human player glided past the smoke right behind me and decided to torp THROUGH me.

I have never really understood why other players will drive into smoke and ram you (usually pushing you out or into torps or shells) or cut right in front of you, barely missing you, so you end up shooting/torping them. I don't get it although I am sure there is some logic they feel applies. But to send torps at a red that have to go through the smoke your teammates are in to get there just makes no sense under any circumstance. Even less so when you are barely outside the smoke and can't even warn the person in it torps are coming. I mean WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!?!?! :Smile-angry:

And the cu deGrasse is the sure to follow chat blame you get for not dodging their torps (how do you dodge friendly torps from behind launched from less than 2km???) and negative karma. I mean really. When the bots play better than humans it is a sad commentary. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
7,248 posts
12,509 battles
1 hour ago, RA6E_ said:

A lot of it probably sounds like  result of Snowflake campaign.  I really don't do Co-op, but ran my SF there for speed..  It took a bit but I felt like a true potato there...    The regular coop players know exactly where ships will be and truthfully its just a mad rush to farm damage....  DDs soak up most of it, there is little concern for capping or defense.  I found myself doing almost no damage, unless some teammates got nuked early and bots gained a lead quick.  I just am too hesitant from doing PVP to push straight ahead without any regard.     Its a different deal there.   Its not for me.... Might as well be a racing target range.   

LOL this made me laugh (in a good way).:Smile_veryhappy:

It depends on the tier as far as DD's getting all the damage. At lower tiers yes it is a pain when there are a lot of them. IF you have a BB or slow Cruiser by the time you get in range the DD's have sunk 3/4+ of the reds and the game is almost over. Higher tiers where all the ships are at least somewhat fast or have good gun range DD's aren't as much of an XP hogging issue LOL. Ships have a lot of HP/good TDR and thus can can take multiple torp hits and not die plus torp reloads are no longer 30-40 sec's so DD's can't launch torps like a Pez dispenser dishing out candy. Guns also have long range and are accurate so you can engage the reds sooner.

Yes, if you play enough Co-op you learn where the bots will usually come from/go to on the maps. It helps to have a good idea where to head so you can start shooting as soon as they appear and not have to waste time closing the distance because you are out of range.

The challenge of Co-op is not so much "win" as that is about 90% assured but rather to try and beat everyone else on the team. Co-op pays so poorly compared to PVP that coming in any lower than 3rd means pathetic payout. Frankly even 3rd isn't great. So you want to get going from the start and get what you can asap so you top the board and reap the most reward. If you approach Co-op with a PVP like slow damage over time mentality you will not do well.  Co-op is a fast paced, in your face, street fight. That is why I like it so much and one of the big reasons I prefer it to PVP. Sitting behind an island spamming the reds or playing from the border/back of the map is not my thing. I don't have the patience to spend 5+ minutes waiting for the 1st red to even appear never mind for any shooting to start. LOL.

One thing I will say you are mistaken on is that Co-op does not see capping and defense. Regular Co-op players know 2 very important things regarding that...

1. Caps and Defense Ribbons pay well when the rewards come out. If you cap and get a lot of defense ribbons you will top the board and get paid well. In domination mode you will always find me pushing the caps and taking as many as I can. In Standard mode you will seldom find me far from our base until I am sure no threat exists. My eye/attention (and ship) is never far from the base in standard and if I see reds breaking through I am close enough to get there so I can reset & kill them and stop the capture of the base. Well I try. Sometimes I am alone vs multiples and die defending while the rest of the team sails the map edge in blissful ignorance despite my chat calls for help to defend base LOL. :Smile_facepalm:
  2. The bots absolutely 100% DO cap and go for the base. If a player in a DD runs for the map edge that can draw them off the objective (bots always go for the DD AND they always know where the green players are even if undetected) but as a rule the bots go for B and one of the flank caps in 3 cap domination and will go for the 2 flank caps in 4 cap domination. It's about 95% assured they will do this. In standard mode just stay near base because they are going to steamroll down the middle (most of them anyway - and again assuming some DD doesn't yolo to the edge to "go hunt the CV" or other such foolishness). So go for a cap at the start (fight for it and take it!) or stay within gun range of the base in domination to defend and you will pretty much always have targets to shoot at. Trust me when I tell you the most common way to lose Co-op is on points or loss of base because people ignore that stuff way too much and let the bots get a lead or in a position they can't stop!

When there is some big event the mode gets turned upside down a bit. You get 2 types of PVP players that show up in droves that are what make it comical and hectic at times. The 1st is the "it's just Co-op I don't care - do my mission and move on" types. They are the ones who hit W at start and head for B/Middle and do what damage they can before dying (which is usually pretty quickly). They don't care about winning or anything besides getting the task done. Rinse and repeat and then back to PVP.  The 2nd type are those who come in and try to play it like PVP. That just does not work. Do that and generally you will be bottom of the board with little to nothing done.

Note - the above is not an attack or slam on PVP players - just an observation as most play well and try.

To maximize your fun and profits in Co-op you need to take the gloves off, hit W and move forward to the caps and approaching bots, and then fight when they appear! This doesn't mean yolo charge just avoid that passive playstyle and hesitancy you talk of. It's ok to move up and fight. Worst that will happen is you die. And you will die in Co-op as the bots cheat big time and can be tough opponents at times. 

I get it that the mode may not be for you. That's cool. I dislike the play style of PVP so I understand where you are coming from. Just thought I would offer some tips so when you do play Co-op you can have some fun while there and get some decent pay outs. :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
7,248 posts
12,509 battles
2 hours ago, Xanshin said:

I almost forgot people complaining about the enemy cheating because the planes/ships knew right where to look for them... lol... or torpbeats... or how well they aim for your citadel... 

FWIW if its ai vs a low human count team if you find yourself getting trounced... as long as all the humans exit to port before the match ends it results in a draw rather than a loss.

But it still amounts to a loss stat wise.

Besides, some of the best games are when you end up in that situation and you actually keep trying and pull it off.

The only time I exit out for the Draw as the last human left still watching the game is when it is down to green bot CV vs red bot CV+, they are out of strike planes, and we are down points. Bot CV's will not cap (they just sail in circles) so if they have no strike planes whoever has the point lead will win.

If I am the last alive, even vs 8, I would still play and try vs exiting. NO surrender! NO retreat!  :Smile_izmena:

I have pulled off 1v6 a few times and it is quite the feeling when you do.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-GDP-]
2,593 posts
1,105 battles

I like co-op because it usually last less than 10 mins around wot random battle time, random here will last twice or more of that amount of time and you can’t sink all or most of the reds before time runs out. 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Co-op is a fast paced, in your face, street fight.

Co-op in a Kawachi is a fast-paced in your face street fight in which everyone else has Katanas and you have a short combat dagger, a severe hand tremor and a sprained ankle. Between it and the Turenne, I don't know which is worse. At least the Turenne has a bit extra gun range, and I'm only doing it for fun because I got the Bretagne as an early unlock (for which all the Gods be praised).

I suspect the major cause of my frustration was my targets blowing up while my shells were still in mid-air, so even in a target-rich environment I had fresh targets and empty breeches all the damn time and my colleagues were killing enemy ships faster than I could reload.

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles

I had a T9 COOP game in my FDG where I was the only real person on the team, he rest were bots. I reported them all for poor play lol. 

[WOLF7]
Members
10,790 posts
10 hours ago, alex08060 said:

That because co-op teammates skill level are dropping for some reason. Wonder if school’s out. 

It's the new batch of gremlins.....:Smile_teethhappy:

WG has been fishing in a younger pond for players, and the result is a bunch of younger FPS players coming in, and racing to the top to play CB. Raptor rescue was been a nightmare, players that have no idea what to do, and can't survive 5 mins.

Unfortunately they are learning nothing about the game along the way, don't understand the mechanics and aren't interested in investing that kind of time.

Add to that WG running CB, Ranked and events all at the same time in a vain attempt to keep numbers up, and this is the result......:Smile_amazed:

Edited by awiggin