You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

This is not fun anymore

53 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,312 posts
2,885 battles

Not only is the client so unstable that I'm disconnected/crashed every other game. 

Then you get in and play a game where your team does this: 

0-3 in 3mins

0-4 in 3.5 mins

0-5 in 4.5 min

0-7 in 7 minutes

3-8 in 8 minutes

Number of ships dead literally keeping pace with the timer. (Yes I stayed alive to the 3rd last) 

• Cool 1

[STR4T]
Members
126 posts
978 battles

When my team lets me down, I always try to keep in mind that the probability of my team being filled with potatoes is the same as the red team being filled with potatoes.

Take a break. Get steamrolled today, be the steamroller tomorrow

• Cool 1

Members
652 posts
5,656 battles

I'm not sure if it was just the holidays (all the baddies out of school) or if the game is legitimately starting to decay.

Matches are very rarely even or fun to play, often ending with one team having a massive advantage over the other. I  run MM monitor to get a feel for which players I should stick by and who I should call targets on. The amount of games where the team win-rate average has been under 10% difference could be counted on one hand over a session.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
724 posts
6,235 battles

Meanwhile I'm over here like: "can we get a U.I. that doesn't stroke out for removing a flag?"

...and yes stream-rolls are not fun even for the winners. Jack **** for rewards. Wasted flag/camo/daily win.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,064 battles

In Co-op I got one Monarch that just tries to snipe behind a big island and does nothing else which the rest of us say 'huh' ??? At least I don't have to compete that much for getting good damage and kills.  

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
749 posts
4,613 battles

One the positive side, my damage numbers are sky rocketing.  On the negative, I'm almost certainly heading for a sub 50 win loss ratio overall.  Quite regularly get 100k+ games but those are almost always losses and the wins...most of the time, feels like I could almost AFK.  You get the occasional super carry but the above average type carry almost never happens anymore.  

Not sure what's going on.  Caps seem unimportant to outcome (early caps usually mean early ship losses =>localized advantage=>lost cap).  Lemming trains seem to be more successful.  Cats and dogs living together.  Chaos......

Edited by CommodoreKang
  • Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,312 posts
2,885 battles

The game doesn't even want to play either. It disconnects every two games. Its not my net. Its the client crashing. 

• Boring 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,162 battles

If I see the team become morons in the first few minutes of the game, I go and farm and get in some damage, worry about capping later, crashing out of the game as often as you say you do, then you have issues with your pc, or internet, as most people do not.

What I always find funny is people complain about the amount of damage they have done and its a loss, the reason behind this is a few things, but the main one is, they are shooting the wrong ship to change the influence of the game, farming a BB at the back when you should be shooting the ca holding your dd back out of a cap, sure you might not get the same damage but your causing a roll on effect allowing your team to push into enemy controlled areas.

People need to understand that going for the win is better than going for the kill.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,577 posts
4,184 battles

Maybe take a break from the game for a bit?  I did that after Open Beta since I played so much that I started to get frustrated easily at a loss.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
749 posts
4,613 battles
8 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

If I see the team become morons in the first few minutes of the game, I go and farm and get in some damage, worry about capping later, crashing out of the game as often as you say you do, then you have issues with your pc, or internet, as most people do not.

What I always find funny is people complain about the amount of damage they have done and its a loss, the reason behind this is a few things, but the main one is, they are shooting the wrong ship to change the influence of the game, farming a BB at the back when you should be shooting the ca holding your dd back out of a cap, sure you might not get the same damage but your causing a roll on effect allowing your team to push into enemy controlled areas.

People need to understand that going for the win is better than going for the kill.

Sometimes getting the right kill == a win.  Advanced play comes with a whole hierarchy of target selection priorities. 

Off the top of my head (as a CA covering a cap/friendly DD):

1) Shoot the red DD

2) Shoot the red CA/CL (this is interchangeable with 1)

3) Shoot the red BB that's going to get on my flank and push me off the island I'm humping

All of that is trumped by a low health anything that I can finish off.  And also, since I'm humping an island, sometimes I don't have a choice and have to shoot what I can hit. 

So it's not as straightforward as it might appear...

Members
1,301 posts
7,663 battles

pretty sure in the last few days, i can count on my hands the number of close battles.(ive probably played 30-50 games at least finishing this campaign)  Pretty much every battle is a blow out one way or the other.  i go from 4-5 blow outs for me, then 3-4 against me, then 4-5 for me, etc,.    I can usually tell about 3 min in, who will win the match.  By that time, you can tell who your suicidal players are if they aren't dead already, or who wont be carrying their weight that match.(Hello BBs who haven't left spawn and dont plan to)  It just sucks the fun out the match, knowing its a race who can get the kills before they are gone in a few min, or dodging 3,4, or 5 enemies at the same time.  Add on to that the annoyance of suicidal players spending the rest of the match whining about the team.  i think after i grind the last 3 mil credits  of the PEF mission, ill be taking a break for a few days/weeks. 

Members
3,981 posts
6,704 battles
3 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

The game doesn't even want to play either. It disconnects every two games. Its not my net. Its the client crashing. 

Then you need to see if it is your PC, drivers, hardware etc....  It is not crashing that often for the vast majority unless you play on a Mac.  Event viewer or file integrity check could be your friends.

[O_O]
Members
4,837 posts
10,621 battles
6 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Not only is the client so unstable that I'm disconnected/crashed every other game.

3 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

If it was the game client crashing, it would be happening to everyone.  It isn't happening to me, and I am not reading a flood of posts on here or Reddit about the game crashing.

So, even though you don't want to hear it, I suspect your 'crashing' issues are on your end.

• Cool 2

[TOG]
Members
3,023 posts
16,222 battles
6 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

0-3 in 3mins

0-4 in 3.5 mins

0-5 in 4.5 min

0-7 in 7 minutes

3-8 in 8 minutes

Number of ships dead literally keeping pace with the timer. (Yes I stayed alive to the 3rd last) 

You just illustrated Lanchert's Law. The other side focused on 3 ships or the 3 ships got dev struck. It's more likely DD's pushing into a cap got blapped. No dd's, no eyes. Just as according to WG's plan. It would take a collective derp by the red's/ heroic comeback led by Flamu (possibly both) to change the outcome.

Edited by Bill_Halsey
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,813 battles
7 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

0-3 in 3mins

0-4 in 3.5 mins

0-5 in 4.5 min

0-7 in 7 minutes

3-8 in 8 minutes

Had a match yesterday in Atlanta that lasted only 7.5 minutes.  Was just getting settled in and contesting C cap when the reds got to 1000 points.  May be one of my shortest matches ever.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
430 posts
5,241 battles
9 minutes ago, HansiSolo said:

I didn't have a client crash since months...

lucky... i have had consistent crash event every night i play the game. sometimes.. i also get chat box bugs where they do not maximize. 

[WOLF6]
Members
468 posts
5,379 battles
6 hours ago, alex08060 said:

In Co-op I got one Monarch that just tries to snipe behind a big island and does nothing else which the rest of us say 'huh' ??? At least I don't have to compete that much for getting good damage and kills.  

Maybe the numbnut will run out of silver at some point , you can't make bank in co-op that way .

Members
283 posts
3,196 battles
9 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Maybe the numbnut will run out of silver at some point , you can't make bank in co-op that way . 

Sounds like a PVP player slumming in COOP, saw some of this last night...I think I even did some of this last night.  It was late, and I was tired.  But at least I moved up and found a friendly Island I could exploit with shells and torps.  I wasn't at max range trying to spam damage.

[WOLF6]
Members
468 posts
5,379 battles
3 minutes ago, HayabusaZ said:

Sounds like a PVP player slumming in COOP, saw some of this last night...I think I even did some of this last night.  It was late, and I was tired.  But at least I moved up and found a friendly Island I could exploit with shells and torps.  I wasn't at max range trying to spam damage.

I play randoms , ranked and co-op and adjust accordingly , I'm extremely aggressive in co-op . Just wish people would hold off on capping when you still have 5 bots to kill .

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
362 posts
4,464 battles
5 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

As annoying as it is, you might want to try to fix that on your end. The game hasn't had any crashes for me in a couple of months.

I'd suggest making sure your graphics drivers are up to date, then if it still happens, I would either try to "repair" the install (I'm pretty sure that feature exists within the Wargaming Center,) or just do an uninstall and reinstall. Either way, good luck with it - I hope you find a fix soon.

[NAUTI]
Members
342 posts
873 battles
5 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

crashing out of the game as often as you say you do, then you have issues with your pc, or internet, as most people do not.

Ever since the last update, my game constantly crashes my computer. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles

I was playing at a 60%+ win rate for months. In the last few months I have been winning at a 47% rate with the rest of my stats being nearly identical. I am questioning if I even want to play this game anymore when more than half my matches are one sided roflstomps. In the matches my team does win it is a one sided roflstomp which is not very fun either. It seems like the player base has gotten to a point that teams rarely have the ability to overcome a two ship deficit. The first team to get a two ship advantage seems to win almost every game in a one sided stomping.  

• Cool 1

Members
16 posts
1,700 battles
12 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I was playing at a 60%+ win rate for months. In the last few months I have been winning at a 47% rate with the rest of my stats being nearly identical. I am questioning if I even want to play this game anymore when more than half my matches are one sided roflstomps. In the matches my team does win it is a one sided roflstomp which is not very fun either. It seems like the player base has gotten to a point that teams rarely have the ability to overcome a two ship deficit. The first team to get a two ship advantage seems to win almost every game in a one sided stomping.  

Im fed up as well and will probably dump this game.. i estimate that last month my teams had lost 80% of the time. average day 2 wins 10+ losses..i used to be a 50% player now a 48% and sinking fast..and dont get me started on this Prinz E Fredrich grind!!!!!!!!!! its [edited]!!! what stupid brain dead idiot came up with this grind?

[YORHA]
Members
3,794 posts
6,588 battles
1 minute ago, Muzzle__Flash said:

Im fed up as well and will probably dump this game.. i estimate that last month my teams had lost 80% of the time. average day 2 wins 10+ losses..i used to be a 50% player now a 48% and sinking fast..and dont get me started on this Prinz E Fredrich grind!!!!!!!!!! its [edited]!!! what stupid brain dead idiot came up with this grind?

There is an obvious question to be asked here but... not me.