Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

A cruel joke?

10 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles

So I pull the trigger and buy Vanguard. Was gonna wait, but the snowflakes are leaving soon and thats steel I can earn. Load her up, go to a game. I meant to do co-op, get put in a random. Oh well, we win anyways. Get back to port I get a nice message. I have been gifted a 30% off coupon. FML. Is it because I bought Vanguard, or did I just waste 20 bucks by jumping the gun. It says its for some anniversary.

Guess a sucker is born every minute. Just double back on WV41 for 10 bucks off. Well played WG you cheeky suckers

Edited by _1204_

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
433 posts

I don't know specifically if this is the reason in this case but it's a common marketing tactic.  The entity selling the product or service now knows that you are an active paying customer.  Someone currently willing to spend their money on the product.  So they offer you a discount to entice you to spend more, strike while the iron is hot.

The same thing is done in the cruise industry for example.  If you book a cruise, it is common to offer another future cruise, while onboard the ship, at a discounted rate for the same reason. They know you are interested in buying their product, so their goal is to get you to purchase again while you are still on the "high" that is a common physiological reaction when acquiring something that you want.

There is a world of science behind sales/marketing and the human mind. The entire game is simply a tool designed to extract money from the customer when it's all said and done. WG employs that science constantly. Can't blame them.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
519 posts
5,982 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

So I pull the trigger and buy Vanguard. Was gonna wait, but the snowflakes are leaving soon and thats steel I can earn. Load her up, go to a game. I meant to do co-op, get put in a random. Oh well, we win anyways. Get back to port I get a nice message. I have been gifted a 30% off coupon. FML. Is it because I bought Vanguard, or did I just waste 20 bucks by jumping the gun. It says its for some anniversary.

Guess a sucker is born every minute. Just double back on WV41 for 10 bucks off. Well played WG you cheeky suckers

My 30% expired the day before vanguard release.  Got my second 30% not 30 minutes after i bought and played first battle in the Vanguard 4 days after release. The single most infuriating week for me in WoWS.

Edited by PhosphorusForFun

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles
1 hour ago, PhosphorusForFun said:

My 30% expired the day before vanguard release.  Got my second 30% not 30 minutes after i bought and played first battle in the Vanguard 4 days after release. The single most infuriating week for me in WoWS.

So yeah, I guess when you buy Vanguard WG tries to get deeper in your wallet. Guess it works:Smile_sceptic:

[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
5,033 battles

But the big question, for those of us who haven't yet bought Vanguard (yes, I've watched all the videos) is, do you like it?

[DIEBL]
Members
519 posts
5,982 battles
6 hours ago, ThumperD702 said:

But the big question, for those of us who haven't yet bought Vanguard (yes, I've watched all the videos) is, do you like it?

I think it is fun and don’t regret the purchase at all, it’s a giant cruiser, basically.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles
6 hours ago, ThumperD702 said:

Only played one game in her (was finishing my pef campaign missions). She wasnt terrible, but not broken. Tanked quite a bit, but had issues starting fires. After maybe 4 or 5 salvos I just swapped to ap and had much better results 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
7 hours ago, _1204_ said:

WG tries to get deeper in your wallet.

Just a couple of inches at first, to see if you are agreeable... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles
10 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Stalinium algorithms.... they track how many times you view a ship...now with this coupon you'll buy another. 

Sign in to follow this