Jump to content
Xscout577

"Pinked" for Internet outage?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[FDS]
Beta Testers
55 posts
821 battles

So I was just starting a battle and everything freezes up and then I get kicked from the NA Server.  Basically my internet crapped out for just a bit, but when I logged back in, I see that I've been 'Pinked" for 3 days for "Unsportsman like conduct".

Really??  Come on, guys!! :Smile_izmena:

  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles

If this was your first offense, send in a report to customer service as that is not how the system works.

If this was your second offense, I'd say that that doesn't sound normal.

If this is your third offense or more of being AFK through an entire match in a short period of time, the system is likely working as intended.

As far as I know, because I've been AFK a handful of times (but stretched over many weeks/months), you don't get flagged for the occasional disconnect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[PVE]
Members
257 posts
6,176 battles

lost connection last night. missed out on part of the game but I reconnected and continued game. No pink. Well, not because of being disconnected at least.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[ARMDA]
Members
320 posts
2,518 battles

I'm pretty sure it's 3 battles until you're not pink, unless you've committed multiple offenses. Just play like you regularly do, and it should go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[MK]
Members
33 posts
12,339 battles
On 1/15/2019 at 11:38 PM, Levits said:

If this was your first offense, send in a report to customer service as that is not how the system works.

If this was your second offense, I'd say that that doesn't sound normal.

If this is your third offense or more of being AFK through an entire match in a short period of time, the system is likely working as intended.

As far as I know, because I've been AFK a handful of times (but stretched over many weeks/months), you don't get flagged for the occasional disconnect.

I had a similar issue  just last week . I didn't DC but the game just stayed on the load screen, after the game was over i got a Unsportsman like conduct and was pink.   I sent a ticket in to customer service. My ticket was close about an hour later no answer what so ever.  Still don't understand what happen and if the  Unsportsman like conduct was removed or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Charr said:

I didn't DC but the game just stayed on the load screen,

I get those on rare occasions.

Here's how to fix it.

If the game does not load in press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Go to the Wargaming process and manually shut it down.

Start the game back up. Wait for it to load and press Connect. It should then send you straight into battle after a time of loading.

If your connection remains unstable, just yolo out of the match. Shoot something, do whatever, and get yourself blown up.

The process for loading the game back up and connecting shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. The battle should load in at most 1 or 2 minutes but it's usually easy enough to tell if somethings amiss. In that time, at least the vast majority of games, even fail teams don't collapse that fast. Should give you a chance to move and fire your guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[MK]
Members
33 posts
12,339 battles
4 hours ago, Levits said:

I get those on rare occasions.

Here's how to fix it.

If the game does not load in press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Go to the Wargaming process and manually shut it down.

Start the game back up. Wait for it to load and press Connect. It should then send you straight into battle after a time of loading.

If your connection remains unstable, just yolo out of the match. Shoot something, do whatever, and get yourself blown up.

The process for loading the game back up and connecting shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. The battle should load in at most 1 or 2 minutes but it's usually easy enough to tell if somethings amiss. In that time, at least the vast majority of games, even fail teams don't collapse that fast. Should give you a chance to move and fire your guns.

thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles
6 hours ago, Capt_Charr said:

thank you 

Hopefully that can help you. Now, being that some computers are different, connections vary, or a multitude of other differences, I'm not sure if you will have trouble with this process or be prone to longer waiting times.

Being that I play with a satellite connection and am limited on fast data for my service, after I've used all that data up my speeds drop. Not much of a drop but still [edited] for sure, but it's all I got out here in the sticks. Manually shutting down the program is typically how I've managed to avoid being pink for a very long time. I've had to avoid playing altogether when the weather gets bad; but if/when my connection starts to flip out (sometimes out of nowhere), I will typically rush the enemy and try to do as much damage as possible before I lose connection. Then, either stop playing for the day or wait till the bad weather passes.

There was one time (maybe two) where I actually had to perform this process twice. Shutting down the program via the steps I gave you. For some reason, the thing froze... waited a few seconds up to a minute and clicked the screen to make sure. It wasn't acting fast enough and didn't respond so I shut the thing down, started it back up, and then halfway through the load it froze again. Don't' know what caused it (probably something to do with a update) but I had to shut the thing down again and start it back up.

Managed to get back in within 7 minutes... which is a rather long friggin time. I don't know if we won that round or not, but luckily, even then, I didn't get turned pink. One of the most important things you can do really to avoid being turned pink is to just damage a enemy ship. Doesn't' really matter how much, just try to hit something and I think that sort of clears you for at least half the game.

Either way, hope that helps you if/when your game freezes up. If not... might need to work out something new but that usually "fixes" the majority of my problems.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
89 posts
2,985 battles

I ahd this happen. Server entirely died, I closed the game and tried to re log in, and got a message about an update server or something not being found. I tried again later, and now I'm punished for 'quitting' and 'inactivity'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×