You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ADHDChief

help with graphics settings

17 comments in this topic

[2CUTE]
Members
10 posts
697 battles

ok so let me start by saying i dont neeed god tier quality.

so ive have a somewhat older laptop that i picked up for cheap to put my toe into pc gaming coming from xbox. right now im trying to get at least a solid 30 fps in game but i keep getting drops to 20-30 in game. ive updated my graphics card and my nic. what could i do to help my graphics other than dropping everything to the lowest settings and playing on 1600x900. 

Computer Information: Manufacturer: LENOVO Model: 20347 Form Factor: Laptop No Touch Input Detected Processor Information: CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz CPU Family: 0x6 CPU Model: 0x45 CPU Stepping: 0x1 CPU Type: 0x0 Speed: 2594 Mhz 4 logical processors 2 physical processors HyperThreading: Supported FCMOV: Supported SSE2: Supported SSE3: Supported SSSE3: Supported SSE4a: Unsupported SSE41: Supported SSE42: Supported AES: Supported AVX: Supported CMPXCHG16B: Supported LAHF/SAHF: Supported PrefetchW: Unsupported Operating System Version: Windows 10 (64 bit) NTFS: Supported Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0 Video Card: Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll Driver Version: 20.19.15.4531 DirectX Driver Version: 25.20.15003.5010 Driver Date: 9 29 2016 OpenGL Version: 4.6 Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz DirectX Card: AMD Radeon R9 M275X VendorID: 0x1002 DeviceID: 0x6820 Revision Not Detected Number of Monitors: 1 Number of Logical Video Cards: 1 No SLI or Crossfire Detected Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Primary Display Size: 12.17" x 6.81" (13.94" diag) 30.9cm x 17.3cm (35.4cm diag) Primary Bus Type Not Detected Primary VRAM: 1024 MB Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x Sound card: Audio device: SE50FXC4CA (Intel(R) Display Au Memory: RAM: 8112 Mb Miscellaneous: UI Language: English Media Type: Undetermined Total Hard Disk Space Available: 459684 Mb Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 243163 Mb OS Install Date: Dec 31 1969 Game Controller: None detected VR Headset: None detected

[FSA]
Members
17 posts
2,017 battles

Lowering your shadow quality, draw distance, reflections, and foliage are all things that don't make a big difference graphically, but can really help your frame rate.

[CLARE]
Members
139 posts
39 minutes ago, ADHDChief said:

so ive have a somewhat older laptop

ive updated my graphics card and my nic.

obvious troll is obvious

Members
2,753 posts
5,734 battles

Your more than likely going to have to run in less than 1600x900 with the specs you have. Run in windowed mode and drop down some windowed sizes and see how the Frames amount up to. 

[2CUTE]
Members
10 posts
697 battles
23 minutes ago, ij70 said:

obvious troll is obvious

guess someone doesnt know what a driver is

Members
1,881 posts
506 battles
1 hour ago, ADHDChief said:

ok so let me start by saying i dont neeed god tier quality.

so ive have a somewhat older laptop that i picked up for cheap to put my toe into pc gaming coming from xbox. right now im trying to get at least a solid 30 fps in game but i keep getting drops to 20-30 in game. ive updated my graphics card and my nic. what could i do to help my graphics other than dropping everything to the lowest settings and playing on 1600x900. 

*snip*

here ya go....

[TXP]
Members
510 posts
5,830 battles

Coming to escape Legends :p? 

Also you need to space it out better. 

Cpu:

GPU: 

Etc.

Lower the resolution, turn off shadows/small objects/the fire and flooding borders. Probably will have to stick to coop, I used to drop to single digit FPS in random matches at higher tiers. 

[XBRTC]
Members
2,309 posts
8,233 battles

Updating your drivers =/= updating your graphics card and NIC.

[ONAVY]
Members
976 posts
7,211 battles

Here's some YouTube videos I've found useful for optomizing my computer for gaming:
Mouse -   https://www.youtube.com/w ... atch?v=YZBuNfQGuE4
Nvidea -   https://www.youtube.com/w ... atch?v=_KsK55zgUAQ
Internet-   https://www.youtube.com/w ... atch?v=bAke9R-k3so
Windows Ultimate Performance Mode-   https://www.youtube.com/w ... LnnjsCAe8&t=162s
Windows 10-   https://www.youtube.com/w ... JBDEDDS5o&t=965s

I've done all except the Windows 10 with no problem. Make sure you set a restore point just in case.
I saw a big improvement in my mouse, smoother and more accurate. The Nvidea one gave me better color and sharpness. I also appear to have made gains of 4-6 FPS and maybe 10ms in ping.
Your mileage may vary.
Das Bat

From one of my clan mates....

Members
357 posts
4,306 battles

Game is coming to the Xbox, soon..... probably should move on to that version when it happens.

Members
3,978 posts
6,700 battles
On 1/15/2019 at 11:23 PM, ADHDChief said:

But then you did not say you updated the drivers...

This is the issue " Intel(R) HD Graphics Family " - this will not run games on any setting that will get reasonable graphics.

[2CUTE]
Members
10 posts
697 battles
On 1/17/2019 at 6:13 PM, CylonRed said:

But then you did not say you updated the drivers...

This is the issue " Intel(R) HD Graphics Family " - this will not run games on any setting that will get reasonable graphics.

AMD Radeon R9 M275X 

You might have missed that

Members
3,978 posts
6,700 battles

AMD Radeon R9 M275X 

You might have missed that

It looks to be a 5 year old video solution that was made primarily for office work and not gaming.  It is not a viable video solution for gaming:

https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon-R9-M275X

I finally gave up my old GTX 670 which was struggling with WoWs last year and it was built for decent gaming when It was released.

[2CUTE]
Members
10 posts
697 battles
On 1/25/2019 at 6:21 AM, CylonRed said:

It looks to be a 5 year old video solution that was made primarily for office work and not gaming.  It is not a viable video solution for gaming:

https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon-R9-M275X

I finally gave up my old GTX 670 which was struggling with WoWs last year and it was built for decent gaming when It was released.

got some advice from someone who knows wth theyre doing. 60fps high quality now