Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

wiki: The game economy

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,131
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,023 posts
7,968 battles

One look at that wiki article is enough to make us all dizzy, which is not the fault of the article, it simply highlights the labyrinthine complexity of the WOWS economy and financial model/

Well done for the initiative, I hope the wiki team expresses support and thanks for your efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles

IMO it's still not entirely untangled, but it's better than it was.  Just the cross-linking should make it more useful.  Thanks for the vote! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles

Ha!  Found something.  Forgot Clan bonuses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,484 battles

Section on copper and molybdenum could be expanded. I think this is the only page they show up on in the entire Wiki currently (they should actually be mentioned on the camo page, but aren't afaik).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
330
[WOLF1]
Members
2,303 posts

i suggest you add a table of ammo cost, which can be easily calculated in game, i was shocked to notice musashi shell cost 3000-4000 credit per salvo if i remember correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles
11 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Section on copper and molybdenum could be expanded. I think this is the only page they show up on in the entire Wiki currently (they should actually be mentioned on the camo page, but aren't afaik).

There is also an image for a Saltpeter resource.  Icon_reward_saltpeter.png But I can't find a mention of it being used.  :fish_book:

I guess there should be a brief description of Copper and Molybdenum.  Care to volunteer a couple of sentences?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,484 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

I guess there should be a brief description of Copper and Molybdenum.  Care to volunteer a couple of sentences?

Copper and Molybdenum are refined forms of epeen. When smeared onto the sides of ships made of tryhard alloy, they attract mad credits from war bond buyers who refer to the resulting appearance as "sick af".

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles
11 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i suggest you add a table of ammo cost, which can be easily calculated in game, i was shocked to notice musashi shell cost 3000-4000 credit per salvo if i remember correctly

No, it cannot be easily calculated; it must be observed.  (Perhaps someone can mine it, but I don't know how.)  I have a table of costs that I've observed which does not include bombs, planes, etc.  Nor Yamato shells since I don't have one.

Yes, I would like to include such a table, but I need the data.  A request here on the forum produced only a few data points.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Copper and Molybdenum are refined forms of epeen. When smeared onto the sides of ships made of tryhard alloy, they attract mad credits from war bond buyers who refer to the resulting appearance as "sick af".

Do you have any idea the crapload of new pages that would be required to use that?  :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
330
[WOLF1]
Members
2,303 posts
25 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

No, it cannot be easily calculated; it must be observed.  (Perhaps someone can mine it, but I don't know how.)  I have a table of costs that I've observed which does not include bombs, planes, etc.  Nor Yamato shells since I don't have one.

Yes, I would like to include such a table, but I need the data.  A request here on the forum produced only a few data points.

 

it only takes 1 game per ship for that ship data, for example, my last game in Ibuki:

fired 512 HE shells, ammo cost 12,288 credit, so per HE shell is 24 credit

in fact, if you have screenshots of past games with detail and credit screen, you can get that ship data

Edited by Happy668

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles
1 hour ago, Happy668 said:

it only takes 1 game per ship for that ship data,

"only"?  I have 50 ships.  That's 50 games and about 80 data points.  What about the other 300? 

Thanks for the Ibuki gun data.  What about the torpedoes?  Two versions of them (probably the same cost, but maybe not).

Btw, some ammo types cost different amounts.  E.g. 203mm HE is ~30 Cr.  203mm SHS AP is ~45Cr.  On the same ship.

This is not an easy ask.

Here's a partial table:

image.png.7f76bea339a60f4918518ef3e67f2b6c.png

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
330
[WOLF1]
Members
2,303 posts
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

"only"?  I have 50 ships.  That's 50 games and about 80 data points.  What about the other 300? 

Thanks for the Ibuki gun data.  What about the torpedoes?  Two versions of them (probably the same cost, but maybe not).

Btw, some ammo types cost different amounts.  E.g. 203mm HE is ~30 Cr.  203mm SHS AP is ~45Cr.  On the same ship.

This is not an easy ask.

Here's a partial table:

image.png.7f76bea339a60f4918518ef3e67f2b6c.png

i know it's lots of data, i don't need that, just saying if you want to make a wiki page you could add that, but never mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Section on copper and molybdenum could be expanded. I think this is the only page they show up on in the entire Wiki currently (they should actually be mentioned on the camo page, but aren't afaik).

Done.  I was able to find the release notes in 0.7.8.  I'll check the camo page to be sure the unique camos are represented (or you could -- this is a publicly editable book, after all).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,484 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Done.  I was able to find the release notes in 0.7.8.  I'll check the camo page to be sure the unique camos are represented (or you could -- this is a publicly editable book, after all).

Econ page looks pretty good. I was a little thrown off that the Warships Premium section said it couldn't be bought for gold, before I realized that you specifically meant WoT/WoWP gold. Maybe clarify that it CAN be bought for doubloons.

But I mean... let's be honest, 99.85% of players leave that page as soon as they see the formulas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles

I spent a whole day revising the formulas to use terms that relate to the rest of the article, and adding a few terms that weren't mentioned (like Z).  I thought about pulling them up higher in the article but was deterred by their deterrence factor.  Maybe they should be in their own article...

 

The Camouflages page seems old.  Did the Ultimate Mustang and Ultimate Crocodile camos exist before the new Arsenal resources?  How much Copper does Rank 1 yield now?  One? 

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
951 posts
4,442 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

But I mean... let's be honest, 99.85% of players leave that page as soon as they see the formulas.

That's where I took a detour.  I forced myself to go back and look it over anyway.  I don't know how you could simplify it.  Math nerds will love it!

@iDuckman, excellent job.  It's a tough read, but that's down to the subject matter.  I wish that info were available when I started.  It should be a big help to newish players and probably some not so newish ones as well.

+1 sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
138
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
686 posts
5,944 battles

Good write up. Now if only i could print credits in game. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles

Camouflages list updated for the new resources.  It still needs some more updates, like the Freedom camos for Des Moines and Cockbote.  If you see something else missing, I've started a To Do list on that page.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,484 battles
29 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

If you see something else missing, I've started a To Do list on that page.

I dunno where to find that, and in the process of looking I pressed a bunch of buttons that made me scared I was going to break the page.

How about I just point out that you're missing everything related to PEF, the UK destroyers (including the general UK-pattern camo), the Black Friday ships (including generic black camo), the holiday event (streamer camo), the Steam camo, and there's no note that most of the special camos have been moved to the Armory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles

It's pretty darn difficult to break the wiki, but getting at the To Do list I mentioned is a bit involved.  The Camouflages article embeds several subsidiary articles.  You can see them when you Edit the (whole) page.  The one I was working on is named 'List of Special Camouflages'.  At the top of that page is a Discussion button that takes you to the associated Talk page, whereon resides the To Do list.

You might start a To Do list on the Talk page associated to the Camouflages article in order to cover all the sub-articles.  I mean, in which list should the black camos go?  Let someone else decide that. If the talk page comes up empty, don't be surprised - most are.  Just type something and save.

 


I pulled the equations out out of Economy into their own article, Economics.  See if that makes the whole thing a little less intimidating.

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[IXM]
Members
231 posts
3,775 battles

The update looks good.  I always refer people to the Wiki so I like to know that it is actually updated.

On a side note, it is actually cheaper to run a T10 ship with permanent/premium camo than it is a T9?? Why would you do that WG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,658 posts
3,254 battles
20 minutes ago, Kyralee said:

Why would you do that WG?

To sell those $25 camos.

1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

How about I just point out that you're missing everything related to PEF, the UK destroyers (including the general UK-pattern camo), the Black Friday ships (including generic black camo), the holiday event (streamer camo), the Steam camo, and there's no note that most of the special camos have been moved to the Armory.

Please go back to the 'Camouflages' Talk page (Discussion button at the top).  I've started an overall To Do list.  You've mentioned a couple things I don't know about.

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×