Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Coyote_ar

Potential Damage and Spotting

13 comments in this topic

[SUR]
Beta Testers
20 posts
6,387 battles

So Wargaming, you had the mechanics for logging spotting and potential damage for ages. Yet that is still not rewarded by the game in achievements nor final score.

When are we going to get some good team play reinforcing rewards?

2 very positive game plays should be rewarded by this. Ships soaking damage from the rest of the team, and ships enhancing their team mates damage. Yet that is completely ignored currently.

Even some achievements should be included. There is no reward for spotting. And soaking damage is only rewarded if you actually get hit and have the chance to repair (aka Dreadnaught). But if you WASD the hell out of that incoming fire, the game doesnt care.

Sniping BBs hiding behind cruisers would think it twice if there was actually some benefit for using the armor they brought. DDs and CVs would spot the hell out of the enemy team if there was some reward to them.

But rarely people will do that in random, because the increased risk, doesnt pay off. And sure, you can argue that winning is better than losing. But the ones pushing for the team play move, are usually below the ones that held back and focused on just doing damage. If the team wins, they win big. If the team loses, they still get decent xp/money.

• Cool 3

[KRAK]
Members
2,015 posts
14,724 battles
16 minutes ago, Coyote_ar said:

Sniping BBs hiding behind cruisers would think it twice if there was actually some benefit for using the armor they brought. DDs and CVs would spot the hell out of the enemy team if there was some reward to them.

But rarely people will do that in random, because the increased risk, doesnt pay off. And sure, you can argue that winning is better than losing. But the ones pushing for the team play move, are usually below the ones that held back and focused on just doing damage. If the team wins, they win big. If the team loses, they still get decent xp/money.

I agree with you entire post but the part I quoted will never happen.  Most BBs start running usually across the entire map to an island if none are close by before an enemy is even spotted.

Very few BB players will push up or support everyone is a sniper for the most part.

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles

Since WoW has often stated that they want fast matches, and team play would result in matches lasting longer, where do you think this suggestion falls on the "HoneyDo" list?

• Funny 1

Members
88 posts
5,012 battles
13 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

I agree with you entire post but the part I quoted will never happen.  Most BBs start running usually across the entire map to an island if none are close by before an enemy is even spotted.

Very few BB players will push up or support everyone is a sniper for the most part.

Then again, I've had people complain that I was cowardly, sniping, or "all the way in back" when I was in the F,G area as soon as possible and for the entire match after that. Driving BBs, if that wasn't clear from context.

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
721 posts

yes, I was quite disappointed the other day to find out 200+K spotting damage was worth second last on the team.

You think youre doing good work helping the team, when as far as the game rewards go, you would get more by yoloing a cap, shooting something for 10k damage and dying in 3 minutes.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,393 battles

@Coyote_ar Both damage done due to ones spotting and ones potential damage total are awarded by additions to ones ship experience earned in battle! Not getting a medal for either one is no big deal!

[SUR]
Beta Testers
20 posts
6,387 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

Since WoW has often stated that they want fast matches, and team play would result in matches lasting longer, where do you think this suggestion falls on the "HoneyDo" list?

Not necesarily that would lead to longer games. Both things lead to more aggressive gameplay, and more damage dealt. So if something that should lead to more dynamic battles.

52 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Coyote_ar Both damage done due to ones spotting and ones potential damage total are awarded by additions to ones ship experience earned in battle! Not getting a medal for either one is no big deal!

i dont recall them ever mentioning that this change was included in any update after the potential damage and spotting damage counters where included.

do you know in which update that change was made? Because tbh i dont see that affecting my final score. If i deal similar damage on 2 games with the same ship, one with big potencial, and one with a normal one. Final score is in a similar range. It doesnt seem to affect xp or money awarded.

[HINON]
Members
10,098 posts
31 minutes ago, Coyote_ar said:

Not necesarily that would lead to longer games. Both things lead to more aggressive gameplay, and more damage dealt. So if something that should lead to more dynamic battles.

i dont recall them ever mentioning that this change was included in any update after the potential damage and spotting damage counters where included.

do you know in which update that change was made? Because tbh i dont see that affecting my final score. If i deal similar damage on 2 games with the same ship, one with big potencial, and one with a normal one. Final score is in a similar range. It doesnt seem to affect xp or money awarded.

I'll see if I can dig up Littlewhitemouse's guide to how spotting is rewarded. Potential damage is also rewarded but WG could do some things to make it more obvious when someone does well with those areas with some more apparent recognition. 

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,393 battles

@Coyote_ar both have added to ship exp for quite some time. Have you not noticed missions with spotting damage or potential damage totals as the requirement.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles
3 hours ago, Coyote_ar said:

Not necesarily that would lead to longer games.

Disagree; it's like watching two sandlot teams instead of two Little League World Series contenders. The scrubs could only hope for off-setting mistakes.

[KRAK]
Members
2,015 posts
14,724 battles
6 hours ago, wjp120 said:

Then again, I've had people complain that I was cowardly, sniping, or "all the way in back" when I was in the F,G area as soon as possible and for the entire match after that. Driving BBs, if that wasn't clear from context.

Some people are gonna complain no matter what you do.

[SUR]
Beta Testers
20 posts
6,387 battles
21 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Coyote_ar both have added to ship exp for quite some time. Have you not noticed missions with spotting damage or potential damage totals as the requirement.

I know the game is logging both spotting and potential. So missions for that are available.

But when that mechanic was included in the game, it was specifically mentioned at the time that it was not affecting XP/money. And since then, i dont recall they ever mentioned that was changed.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,393 battles

@Coyote_ar It increased experience earned and thereby increasing credits earned. Just the same a capping points do! If it did not then there would be no use for it nor for displaying the counter.  

Sign in to follow this