You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

What about a "Gun Game" style game mode?

17 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts
1,286 battles

I think it was ASHLEYakaASHLEY that mentioned the idea of a "Gun Game"-style mode during her stream the other day. Something where you should start from 1 low tier ship and advance up to a high tier ship with every kill. Then whoever makes to the highest tier first or whoever has the highest tier ship when the time runs out (or enemy ships are gone) wins the mode.

What do you guys think? Would you play that game mode?

• Bad 5

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,626 posts
2,633 battles

Like, all in one game? Get a kill and respawn a tier higher?

Members
1,381 posts
8,702 battles

Interesting idea. I remember that mode from the CoD series. 

Would be funny at least. 

Edit: I suppose I should explain how that mode actually functioned in CoD. I can tell no one really has a clue.

You started with like pistols, when you got a kill, youd get a "better" pistol, when you killed someone with that youd get a SMG and so and so on. WHEN you died, you went back down a "tier", so say Im at the lowest SMG and I died; Id respawn with the "better" pistol. The first person to reach the top tier and get a kill would win.

I actually like the reverse idea @pewpewpew42 gave in  this game better. But still I dont think itd work all to well. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma
  • Cool 1

Members
40 posts
1,286 battles
4 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Like, all in one game? Get a kill and respawn a tier higher?

I'm not sure about respawns. That's how the mode works like titles like COD, but I think that the slower pace of WoWS would simply make the mode take too long to finish. Maybe just have the player's ship change on the spot. It could be interesting to see a swarm of ships surround a tier 1 ship, but by the end of the battle, the ship they are attacking is now a tier 4.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,069 posts
5,480 battles
13 minutes ago, ComputerWhiz said:

I think it was ASHLEYakaASHLEY that mentioned the idea of a "Gun Game"-style mode during her stream the other day. Something where you should start from 1 low tier ship and advance up to a high tier ship with every kill. Then whoever makes to the highest tier first or whoever has the highest tier ship when the time runs out (or enemy ships are gone) wins the mode.

Nine kills later, your Black Swan is now a Minotaur and the last three Hashidate drivers are wetting themselves in terror.

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,484 posts
10,170 battles

It is an interesting idea but with this there really would be kill stealing. That would have to be addressed.

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,067 battles

The game can't support a mode like that, it's just not built for it. More, with the skill gap between players, pretty much the exact same people will win over and over and over, the mode would die out ridiculously fast.

Not even close to my own concept of fun.

• Cool 1

[PONL]
Members
61 posts
6,124 battles
53 minutes ago, ComputerWhiz said:

Played a lot of Counter-strike 1.6 and Counter-strike:GO back in the days in which deathmatch and gun games are a must to improve reflexes, skill, aim, etc. But is an FPS and I think that's why it works.

It's a great and fun idea but I'm struggling to think of a way that this could be implemented in World of Warships.

I think Arms Race is our "Gun Game" if you think about it. I know is not the same but I don't see how an FPS gun mode can be achieve in actual World of Warships.

Hope I'm wrong, always love those type of games in FPS games.

[SF-A]
Members
2,974 posts
6,102 battles

Other way around. You could start at T10, and work down to T1 so that you advance in difficulty as you close on the win.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
359 posts
13,535 battles
11 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Other way around. You could start at T10, and work down to T1 so that you advance in difficulty as you close on the win.

Then no one would ever fire at anything or else you instantly lose 20k health going from a Yamato to an Izumo.

The "evolve" concept is not bad if you can fill the map with bots around the middle and let players scramble for kills. Make it 3 kills per tier would be more challenging and less salty about kill stealing. You respawn as the same ship if you die, with your kill counter reset to 0/3, to avoid falling too behind other players. Set the game for 15 minutes. There would be no win/loss on a team basis, but individuals will get exp, credits, etc. based on actual in game performance. This might work for smaller teams of 6v6.

Members
1,381 posts
8,702 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

"Lets turn a ship game into an FPS....":Smile-_tongue:

2 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Oh yay, Call of Duty....no

Different game mode != CoD or FPS

lol.

Dont think this would even work properly in this game. 

Members
851 posts
5,263 battles

Don't you think the way people complain about +2/-2 now is enough without adding something like that ?

[GT99]
Members
399 posts
6,396 battles
3 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Different game mode != CoD or FPS

lol.

Dont think this would even work properly in this game. 

I realize that but it is a game mode in Call of Doody...just sayin'