You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awesomeartichokes

Prinz Eitel Friedrich is utter garbage

104 comments in this topic

Members
259 posts
11,677 battles

I bought this boat and it is utter garbage.

Examples:

• I have gotten more citadels with HE than AP
  • The ship out turns the guns
  • Don't bother shooting at anything with less than 9K health - by the time you land a shell on the enemy he will be dead.
  • This thing can't hit stationary DDs at 2 km rage with more than 1 shell. 
  • It is so hard to get any shells to land no matter the range: the best way to get points of damage is to ram ships
  • I have purposely parked broadside to a PEF at 9km range so that I could fire with my HE at the opposing PEF. We both missed with multiple salvos. Not bounces or over pens. Just a straight up miss.
  • The AP can't pen anything. With HE at least you might get fire damage

The AA gunnery officer needs to be promoted.because at least the AA can hit planes. The main gunnery officer is clearly drunk.

It is unbelievable how mediocre everything is on this ship.

Instead of banning pink players to only play Co-op - they should be forced to only play the PEF. The PEF is far, far worse punishment than playing Co-op. Instead of a chat ban after a player insults another player's ability - enforce an only PEF play punishment. 

If the PEF crew would just throw rocks at the red team - the ship would deliver more damage.

Edited by awesomeartichokes
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 3

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,626 posts
2,633 battles

Almost like you could earn the ship for free

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
259 posts
11,677 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

Yeah - but I wanted the steel so I could get the Stalingrad. :-/ Even as a tech tree ship it is horrid.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
360 posts
6 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

You can earn every line ship in the game for free.  OP is not wrong, it's horrible.  After you finally do earn it, you are forced to use said horrible ship to get the steel.  It's really...really...bad.  It's not fun at all.

• Cool 4

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,626 posts
2,633 battles
3 minutes ago, awesomeartichokes said:

Yeah - but I wanted the steel so I could get the Stalingrad. :-/ Even as a tech tree ship it is horrid.

Just now, Burnsy said:

You an earn every line ship in the game for free.  OP is not wrong, it's horrible.  After you finally do earn it, you are forced to use said horrible ship to get the steel.  It's really...really...bad.  It's not fun at all.

Never said it was a good ship. I personally am not a fan, but I want the steel, so I play the ship. They arent gonna make something broken or even remotely good earnable for free. Imagine if Belfast was available as a grind?

[HYDRO]
Members
2,241 posts
4,197 battles
10 minutes ago, awesomeartichokes said:

Make up your mind please lol :fish_boom:.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
360 posts
5 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Never said it was a good ship. I personally am not a fan, but I want the steel, so I play the ship. They arent gonna make something broken or even remotely good earnable for free. Imagine if Belfast was available as a grind?

Great, OP said the ship sucks.  That was his point.  You started the "free" thing. All the line ships can be had for free, much better ones, that wasn't the point.

Playing video games is supposed to be fun, the ship is not fun to use.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,069 posts
5,480 battles
10 minutes ago, awesomeartichokes said:

That's odd; just the other night I took it out and blew up four enemy ships and took home over half a million credits after costs.

The only thing that's garbage here is your attitude.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

[INTEL]
Members
9,266 posts
26,933 battles

Seems ok to me. I have been in several matches in which the PEF player came first in team score and clearly carried. Came second in Tirp to a PEF yesterday, I had 107k dmg and Confed, wrecked one DD and killed another, so clearly PEF had done well.

I think the ppl who earned it via the missions did it the smart way. The missions, especially the last long grind, forced you to play a variety of ships which may have better prepared many players for PEF.

Those missions were reslly good idea. thanks WG!

Edited by Taichunger

[KRAK]
Members
2,015 posts
14,724 battles
16 minutes ago, awesomeartichokes said:

Examples:

• I have gotten more citadels with HE than AP
  • The ship out turns the guns
  • Don't bother shooting at anything with less than 9K health - by the time you land a shell on the enemy he will be dead.
  • This thing can't hit stationary DDs at 2 km rage with more than 1 shell. 
  • It is so hard to get any shells to land no matter the range: the best way to get points of damage is to ram ships
  • I have purposely parked broadside to a PEF at 9km range so that I could fire with my HE at the opposing PEF. We both missed with multiple salvos. Not bounces or over pens. Just a straight up miss.
  • The AP can't pen anything. With HE at least you might get fire damage

The AA gunnery officer needs to be promoted.because at least the AA can hit planes. The main gunnery officer is clearly drunk.

Instead of banning pink players to only play Co-op - they should be forced to only play the PEF. The PEF is far, far worse punishment than playing Co-op. Instead of a chat ban after a player insults another player's ability - enforce an only PEF play punishment. 

If the PEF crew would just throw rocks at the red team - the ship would deliver more damage.

Yes, yes, yes. A hundred times yes. Utter garbage.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,580 posts
20,117 battles

And I hoped we could make it 24 hours without a "PEF is garbage" post

vq6yXZi.gif

• Funny 3

[O_O]
Members
4,837 posts
10,621 battles

@awesomeartichokes Well, we are being a bit of a drama queen, aren't we? 

I disagree with you.

Nope, I don't think PEF is good.  I'd give her a solid 'meh'.

Oh, don't get me wrong, PEF trolls me hard, sometimes.  I have nicknamed her "1050".  While this is also ironically the 10-code in my business for a traffic crash, it also happens to be the oddly frequent amount of damage I get when firing a full AP salvo against a broadside or lightly angled enemy battleship.  1,050...1,050...1,050...so common I now LOL when I see 1,050.  Also, sometimes a broadside salvo will fall short with proper aim.  Huh.  Try again.  This time, the same aim sends the entire salvo long.  Wait, wut?  PEF, you can be so :Smile_trollface:

So, the ship sucks, right!?!

Errr, no.  She doesn't.  Because sometimes she rolls a 7 or 11, and it's glorious.  I fired at a full health Molotov at 12 km...and freakin' deleted it.  BOOM.  Back to port with you, peasant!  I have punished close-in DD's with HE because my "supporting" cruisers were oblivious.  Shooting at other battleships can be a dice roll, but PEF can wreck face on cruisers and destroyers...

...AND...her secondaries and AA are actually quite good!  I have had some hard carry games with her, some high damage games, and a Kraken or two.

She has her crazy wild moments, positive and negative.  That can be extremely frustrating, but I still give her a 'meh'.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
2,015 posts
14,724 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's odd; just the other night I took it out and blew up four enemy ships and took home over half a million credits after costs.

I have had a decent game in it here and there also but that does not mean the OP is wrong. I find it to be terrible with horrific dispersion.

Members
2,836 posts
3,085 battles

It's not a bad ship. Yeah it's not a stellar one, but it's far from outright horrible either. I've felt the pen issues, and ho boy do you feel it, but I have citadel'ed things at range and hitting a DD or any target usually isn't an issue for me. I just have to stop thinking I can Musashi/Yamato tank things in every BB now. 

[TBW]
Members
6,966 posts
12,900 battles

PEF on a Ritz because, everything's good when it sits on a Ritz. Mmm mmm good cracker.

shot-19_01.09_14_25.56-0117.thumb.jpg.6b6e2e645ebe53cf4a98e13e669806ce.jpg

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,580 posts
20,117 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

PEF on a Ritz because, everything's good when it sits on a Ritz. Mmm mmm good cracker.

shot-19_01.09_14_25.56-0117.thumb.jpg.6b6e2e645ebe53cf4a98e13e669806ce.jpg

Your avatar looks the way my Siberian thinks about herself.

[WOLF9]
Members
348 posts
4,174 battles

Definitely not the best ship out there, but I don't think its nearly as bad as many would have you believe.  It does, however require some adjustments to play well; it doesn't play like most other BBs in that you can't expect to just delete Cruisers at will or rack up huge alpha strikes on enemy BBs.  You definitely cannot try to hang back and snipe with it and expect even mediocre results.  You have to get in closer to negate the dispersion and AP pen issues, angle like crazy, and aim for upper belt or superstructure on enemy BBs.  Secondaries are ok for some chip damage, maybe make a lower tier DD nervous but can't be counted on for much more than that IMO. 

It is a trollish ship, much like Roma.  Patience is required.  I enjoy PEF despite the issues; after 32 games I am still figuring it out; my MBH rate is still rather low but I expect that to improve.  That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a slight improvement; I think a reduction in air drag of the AP shells would go a long way towards making her gunnery more comfortable and the results more consistent.  But I'm not going to hold my breath; the stats relative to the other t6 BBs indicate that PEF is fine.

[UEFN]
Members
609 posts
14,017 battles

can you imagine people who actually spent $130 for the complete package of this junk? LOL   

• Funny 1

Members
259 posts
11,677 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

[WOLFA]
Members
603 posts
3,724 battles

Complaining about how bad this ship is one thing.

What we should be complaining about is whether WG is going to buff it given all the rage?

[GT99]
Members
399 posts
6,396 battles

The ship is garbage, quit being defenders to stroke your ego and look good for others.

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f
hahahahahahahahahah
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,064 battles

Well it's a free ship so with enough feedback they will. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,406 posts
9,527 battles
15 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

can you imagine people who actually spent $130 for the complete package of this junk? LOL   

I did, but not for this ship. PEF was a bonus. I got Stalingrad out of that deal, and around 7k doubloons once done with every completion.

As for PEF, it's pretty mediocre but like others have said, get closer(I have my secondary Bismarck captain in it) and let the secondaries get to work. Also, you have to switch a lot from HE to AP.

Edited by _Rumple_
  • Cool 1

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,067 battles

Oh, look. This again.

31 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

@awesomeartichokes Well, we are being a bit of a drama queen, aren't we? 

I disagree with you.

Nope, I don't think PEF is good.  I'd give her a solid 'meh'.

Oh, don't get me wrong, PEF trolls me hard, sometimes.  I have nicknamed her "1050".  While this is also ironically the 10-code in my business for a traffic crash, it also happens to be the oddly frequent amount of damage I get when firing a full AP salvo against a broadside or lightly angled enemy battleship.  1,050...1,050...1,050...so common I now LOL when I see 1,050.  Also, sometimes a broadside salvo will fall short with proper aim.  Huh.  Try again.  This time, the same aim sends the entire salvo long.  Wait, wut?  PEF, you can be so :Smile_trollface:

So, the ship sucks, right!?!

Errr, no.  She doesn't.  Because sometimes she rolls a 7 or 11, and it's glorious.  I fired at a full health Molotov at 12 km...and freakin' deleted it.  BOOM.  Back to port with you, peasant!  I have punished close-in DD's with HE because my "supporting" cruisers were oblivious.  Shooting at other battleships can be a dice roll, but PEF can wreck face on cruisers and destroyers...

...AND...her secondaries and AA are actually quite good!  I have had some hard carry games with her, some high damage games, and a Kraken or two.

She has her crazy wild moments, positive and negative.  That can be extremely frustrating, but I still give her a 'meh'.

I rate her between Meh and Good.

The thing about PEF is so many insist of playing her like she's a battleship, when she clearly isn't one. I also don't have the issues with the guns that many of the complainers have, and the why of it is pretty simple: I use the right ammo, and aim very, very carefully at the right places. More, she can tank some damage, getting into secondary range pays massive dividends.

I'm honestly pretty tired of all these "I can't play it and it's not OP, so it's soooooo bad" threads. More, using the recording from a player who clearly doesn't know how to play it well himself to bolster the "IT'S BAD IT'S BAD IT'S BAD!" complaint is just plain silly.

The information on the ship has been available for quite some time, so complaining after you buy it is kinda absurd. More, look at the ship's in game stats, she's currently one of the best performing BB's at her tier in the game. But, you know, why let reality get in the way, right?