You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

What's wrong with the WGC launcher?

13 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts
1,286 battles

I'm still running the legacy WoWS launcher, but now that the WGC launcher likely has most of the big bugs worked out, I was thinking of switching over to the new launcher. However, I've noticed a lot of posts on the forum and Reddit saying that the new launcher is crap and they want to switch back... but they never really go into detail about what they don't like with the new launcher.

Is there anything actually not to like in the new launcher or are these people just allergic to change?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,452 battles

Some people have had issues. I have been using it since it was in Beta and I love it.

[FART]
Members
163 posts
5,499 battles

I haven't had any problems with the WGC launcher; that being said, it is a bit of a resource hog and could potentially cause issues or slowdowns with less than stellar PCs. 

[OPGS]
Members
89 posts
14,302 battles

Using it since Beta as well.. zero issues.. Only have it open to launch WoWs and close it afterwards as I dont like having things running that dont need to be running 24/7.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,418 posts
28,254 battles

I installed the WGC in order to do the CV testing.  The only issue I had with it that it did not close when I closed it (it minimized to task tray).  But that is typical of these types of launchers.  Steam's launcher is the same way.  However I did notice that there is now a setting in the WGC where if you enable the setting, it will actually close and exit when you close it.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles
  1. I've had far more crashes since installing it
  2. I want it to close automatically after I've launched the game, instead it keeps running in the background, WG have finally made it so it closes when you click close instead of hiding in the app tray... but you still have to launch, wait, tab-out of the game then close it
  3. Offers zero advantages over the older one

[RLGN]
Members
9,408 posts
18,821 battles

All I know is for someone who hated the idea of the launcher, I’ve not had any trouble with it since downloading it to get the CV TST client.

Downloading games seems to take longer, but that’s the only trouble I’ve had.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,484 posts
10,170 battles
22 minutes ago, HTSMetal said:

I haven't had any problems with the WGC launcher; that being said, it is a bit of a resource hog and could potentially cause issues or slowdowns with less than stellar PCs. 

When you close it now it actually closes which I do after launching a game.

[YORHA]
Members
3,794 posts
6,588 battles

No problems with the CURRENT version.  I like it.

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,067 battles

I have no issues with the launcher, and I haven't had any since they removed the "iSpy on you" software it had in it originally.

[PONL]
Members
61 posts
6,124 battles
1 hour ago, ComputerWhiz said:

I'm still running the legacy WoWS launcher, but now that the WGC launcher likely has most of the big bugs worked out, I was thinking of switching over to the new launcher. However, I've noticed a lot of posts on the forum and Reddit saying that the new launcher is crap and they want to switch back... but they never really go into detail about what they don't like with the new launcher.

Is there anything actually not to like in the new launcher or are these people just allergic to change?

I was in the same state as you, with the legacy WoWs launcher but I wanted to test Round 1 and Round 2 of the CV rework. The only way is downloading the launcher and get rid of the legacy one. I was also afraid since I've tested long long time ago and was not good at all.

Having said that, I've been using it for almost a month I think now. No issues at all. Funny thing is that I like it more than the legacy now.

Members
3,350 posts
1,482 battles
59 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

No problems with the CURRENT version.  I like it.

Since I started about 6 months ago, I think I've only had the current version.  It does seem pretty stable.

I had a few problems on my old rig (the family laptop), but since getting my new one and not having stuff like Steam and MS office on it, it runs a lot smoother.