You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Brawling with Conqueror?

8 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
609 posts
13,989 battles

Has anybody try the conqueror in a tank build and use it for close range support and brawl? the concealment allow her to get up closer than any other B, and the zombie heal help recovering from focus fire, plus she got great turret angle and massive amount of HE damage, seems like the a good brawler to wreck things in close quarter.   

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,617 posts
2,633 battles

Your gonna have bigger problems then fires in brawls. I'd stick to the mid to long range kindling of fires. If you want a brawler tank GK is the ticket. Republique could also be a good strike ship if built correctly.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,979 posts
4,860 battles

Nah, 8x2 133mm guns with a 6.7 sec reload, a secondary build brawler does not make. The ship is also coated in 32mm armour so it is squishy.

Besides, Conqueror will never get close enough to brawl with any practicality anyway. She's public enemy number one, and the moment it gets spotted, everybody drops what they are doing to shoot her.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,874 posts
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Nah, 8x2 133mm guns with a 6.7 sec reload, a secondary build brawler does not make. The ship is also coated in 32mm armour so it is squishy.

Besides, Conqueror will never get close enough to brawl with any practicality anyway. She's public enemy number one, and the moment it gets spotted, everybody drops what they are doing to shoot her.

This.

I have 6 battles with her. All co-op. I'm learning the ship and bots hate her too.

[TACG]
Alpha Tester
350 posts
3,104 battles

I would recommend building on her concealment and try to improve her tanking abilities. Brawling? Hahahaha, No. You don't get enough secondaries for it and her 32 mm is a bit of an issue for her, plus her health is too low for that sort of thing.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,305 posts
15,805 battles

Conqueror can brawl but time is an issue.

What makes Conqueror dangerous in a brawl?

+ HE shells to torment and pressure the opponent.

+ RN BB short fused AP will be very dangerous in getting high alpha damage because you get reliable AP Pens and fewer Overpens.

+ The Mega Heal can repair back A LOT of damage.  Some guys get REALLY mad when you regen all that HP back.

+ Very low citadel on Conqueror.

What makes Conqueror weak in a brawl?

- Very low HP for a Tier X BB.

- The Mega Heal Repair Party has an extremely long CD.

- If you are in brawling range, that means BBs can make aimed shots at specific sections.  This means it's very easy to pick out turrets.  Conqueror's 419mm turret faces are thin and very squishy against BB AP.  The 457mm gun turrets have very thick turret faces.

- Garbage a.f. Secondaries.

Conqueror entering in a brawl ideally wants a fight that is finished quickly.  The longer the fight drags on, the low HP total becomes an issue.  Also, BBs bleed lots of HP off each other in a brawl.  Conqueror's Mega Heal will get a lot of HP back, but if the fight isn't over quick enough, that very long Repair Party CD will be the end of you.  If your BB opponent has any wits, they'll also try to disarm you by knocking out those squishy 419mm turrets.

Personally, I keep Conqueror for medium and long ranged fighting.  I *HAVE* willingly brawled with her, but those were specific situations where I had a decided advantage, or see a glaring mistake by the opponent.  But in general practice, medium to long is where I fight with her.  Some of those other High Tier BBs are very dangerous in a brawl situation.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,716 posts
9,121 battles

Hey

The Conqueror sucks as a brawling ship; it's much too fragile to tank damage as such.  She doesn't have the armor of even a Repub,, the guns and HP of a Yamato, and not even close to the armor, guns and tools of the GK.  The only things she does is set fires and even that can RNG based (not all that great at times), her AP could be good but guns are wonky and inconsistent.  Personally, I use a tank build on my GK for the most consistent damage in clan battles and random, next I would take my Repub, since it has speed, good gun handling but misses the tools of my GK (Good anti cruiser ship).  Haven't played the Yamato but fought quite a few, great guns but she is more of a stationary ship and can get punished from the side; and last for me is the Conqueror.  Not very good for clan battles and I don't fear it when I see it, have to respect the fire but I would not consider it a serious threat, usually mine gets burned to death before I can use that last super heal, even with FP.

Pete