You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

It's nice to be able to play JUST to play

38 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,248 posts
12,509 battles

Today I was able to play for the simple joy of playing! Man it has been a LONG time since I could say that.

I have no grinds that need be done. No ships to grind (done with every tech tree BB, Cruiser, and DD line - not doing CV), no campaigns to do, no missions to do, no events to worry about, etc... I can just grab a ship and play it because what the hell I WANT to vs having to for a grind or to meet this or that requirement. It is like a breath of fresh air.

I mean don't get me wrong grinding new ships is fun because it is always nice to get something new and campaigns/missions/events all give special rewards and prizes. So there is always something at the end. But with all the grinding you feel pressured to do (always seems to be something that needs grinding) it takes a lot of the simple fun out of the game IMO anyway.

So yeah there are the daily missions but they get done just playing and yeah I have a boat load (pun intended) of Legendary Modules/Upgrades to finish (but don't care if I get them or not) but nothing I feel I have to do. Today I looked at my 150+ ships in port and just played ships I did because I wanted to and for no other reason. Hell, I even played Huanghe just because I could and I hate that thing LOL.

I know there will be more ship lines down the road to grind and more campaigns/missions/events coming too. But today, today was a good day. I felt like a newbie again just playing because it was freaking fun! I hope you all can have such a day too now and then.

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 16

Members
874 posts
17,083 battles

I stopped the Prince Whatever missions because I didn't want to grind. I was dreading logging in, so I just stopped, and will miss getting the Whatever, and won't care. I force myself to miss some mission grind rewards just to remind myself I don't need them, nor is it worth a total burn-out to have them. I may log back in before the end of the month and play my Krons, just because it's a blast.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,524 posts
10,217 battles

I have enough premiums that I can switch up enough so the 6 x 4 million grind isn't bad. I am down to 500k  on my last country as I type this. Now if I could stop getting bottom tier matches, oh well it will turn eventually.

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles
12 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I stopped the Prince Whatever missions because I didn't want to grind. I was dreading logging in, so I just stopped, and will miss getting the Whatever, and won't care. I force myself to miss some mission grind rewards just to remind myself I don't need them, nor is it worth a total burn-out to have them. I may log back in before the end of the month and play my Krons, just because it's a blast.

Yeah pretty much the same attitude here. I played out the first three stages, but the 4th stage required a time investment from me I just wasn't prepared to do for a ship I just could not make myself care about enough.

[1STBG]
Members
1,164 posts
4,993 battles

Can't wait until I'm there again. The nerves of steel grind is one if the worst ever, having to play it in the same crap boat over and over. Then I'll feel obliged to finish the mighty prinz campaign for the free permacamos and skipping the first 5 French BBs. With the CV rework coming out right after, and CBs ending, I can see myself taking a break for a few days after this is over. 

[OPG]
Supertester
2,033 posts
11,367 battles
46 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Today I was able to play for the simple joy of playing! Man it has been a LONG time since I could say that.

I have no grinds that need be done. No ships to grind (done with every tech tree BB, Cruiser, and DD line - not doing CV), no campaigns to do, no missions to do, no events to worry about, etc... I can just grab a ship and play it because what the hell I WANT to vs having to for a grind or to meet this or that requirement. It is like a breath of fresh air.

I mean don't get me wrong grinding new ships is fun because it is always nice to get something new and campaigns/missions/events all give special rewards and prizes. So there is always something at the end. But with all the grinding you feel pressured to do (always seems to be something that needs grinding) it takes a lot of the simple fun out of the game IMO anyway.

So yeah there are the daily missions but they get done just playing and yeah I have a boat load (pun intended) of Legendary Modules/Upgrades to finish (but don't care if I get them or not) but nothing I feel I have to do. Today I looked at my 150+ ships in port and just played ships I did because I wanted to and for no other reason. Hell, I even played Huanghe just because I could and I hate that thing LOL.

I know there will be more ship lines down the road to grind and more campaigns/missions/events coming too. But today, today was a good day. I felt like a newbie again just playing because it was freaking fun! I hope you all can have such a day too now and then.

Indeed finished my coalmining duties yesterday, and the rest of the seasonal stuff sunday.   After a sigh of relief its a great thing not to have a "job" to do, just to play for fun.   

[RKLES]
Members
8,387 posts
10,645 battles
19 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Can't wait until I'm there again. The nerves of steel grind is one if the worst ever, having to play it in the same crap boat over and over. Then I'll feel obliged to finish the mighty prinz campaign for the free permacamos and skipping the first 5 French BBs. With the CV rework coming out right after, and CBs ending, I can see myself taking a break for a few days after this is over. 

Get Captain with BFT and AFT on PEF, go to Co-Op, move in nice and close to enemy BB or even a DD. And let the Secondaries feast away on them. That’s an easy 400 Steel since each secondary gun hit counts as a ribbon after all.

Comtemplating finishing off all the steel, but doing the missions to get the tier 6 ships, port slots, free Perma Camo, And clan oil from getting the containers has been quite pleasant so far. Although Nurnberg still does not favor me like my other ships, even the infamous Hatsuharu serves me very well, but Nurnberg still feels like it’s a homing beacon of death that makes stacking up much of any damage in Randoms difficult. But all in all not been too stressful working my way through the Campsighn tasks since if you need to skip using a ship there are other missions you can repeat to get past the unfavorable ones.

[GTA]
Members
28 posts
9,162 battles
3 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

what about your Capt grinds? are all of them 19pts? 

That's just cold, let the man enjoy his fun. :D

[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles
1 minute ago, cheapinkc said:

That's just cold, let the man enjoy his fun. :D

i know! i'm not raggin  on the guy...:Smile_sad: 

he's said he has nothing left to grind and was just wondering if the Capt are well grounded, too. :Smile_amazed:

[WOLF1]
Members
3,812 posts
1,529 battles

I got my snowflakes done, got enough coal and steel for Salem, and got enough of the PEF grind to finish the collection, and enough of the Nerves of Steel for 3 of the 5 T6 ships.  Dallas I was almost to already anyway (5K), and I have the last one (French BB, iirc?).  

So, I'm probably hanging it up on those grinds, and back to playing what I feel like. 

I love variety, and new content, so I'm sure to be seen playing CVs after 1/23, even if I don't say much on the forums till then.  That issue is pretty much talked to death.  Time to play.

Members
20,839 posts
5,617 battles

I usually play that way, it's just that if I have nothing to grind, I stare at my port for 10 minutes, trying to figure out what ships I want to play.

And that's with only 53 lol.

[DRACS]
Members
4,123 posts

Tell me about it. I've been hammering the Coop Start Battle button non stop to knock off snowflakes. I have new premium ships I'm barely playing cause I'm too busy feverishly yolo charging at bots and then jumping into the next battle, lol.

[PVE]
Members
7,248 posts
12,509 battles
23 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

what about your Capt grinds? are all of them 19pts? 

16 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

i know! i'm not raggin  on the guy...:Smile_sad: 

he's said he has nothing left to grind and was just wondering if the Capt are well grounded, too. :Smile_amazed:

No but I have 19 or 20 of them at 19pts and every thing else at least has an  adequate Capt on it (10-12pts+). Heck, I even have a 19pt Capt on Roma and I hate that thing LOL.

So I really am not in a Capt grind situation. That just runs in the back ground.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
3,812 posts
1,529 battles
28 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I usually play that way, it's just that if I have nothing to grind, I stare at my port for 10 minutes, trying to figure out what ships I want to play.

And that's with only 53 lol.

I have a list set up so I can find a ship easily by random nmber if I just don't know what to play next...

[RLGN]
Members
9,452 posts
18,874 battles

The Looked at my tech tree last night and most everything has plateaued at 6-7.

No grinding for me unless I get one or more additional T10s next anniversary. (This year it was Hindinburg.)

Why grind for ships at tiers I don’t enjoy?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SALVO]
Members
18,400 posts
18,943 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I have enough premiums that I can switch up enough so the 6 x 4 million grind isn't bad. I am down to 500k  on my last country as I type this. Now if I could stop getting bottom tier matches, oh well it will turn eventually.

Believe it or not, I found the 6 x 4M credit grind pretty damned easy.  Part of it was playing a lot of high tier premiums, and high tier ships in general.  Part of it was having a premium account.  And part of it was using credit earning signal flags and camos.  And part of it was playing mostly in Random battles.  (I did play some coop, but more for some relaxation and did it with mid tier ships and no flags or camos, since I hate wasting them in coop.)

And I did it without playing my PEF overly much or grinding out any of those minor nations you could do with the PEF.  

[PQUOD]
Members
1,077 posts
7,721 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Congratulations man! I quit grinding about four months ago. I have plenty to do but I am a casual player so I gave up my personal rat race and just started playing ships I like. To me it's just for fun anyways. The longer I'm in the more of a pew pew pew player I am becoming.

Members
1,384 posts
8,764 battles

The tech tree ship "grind", is enjoyable to me. So it's just all around "just playing". 

The only point I think Ive really grind grinded was for the MO, 2 Christmas's ago.

[WOLFC]
Members
772 posts
7,370 battles

I felt like a newbie again just playing because it was freaking fun! I hope you all can have such a day too now and then.

Very cool, Admiral ... When it becomes a "job", you've missed the point of the game. :Smile_honoring:

[SALVO]
Members
18,400 posts
18,943 battles

I'm kind of glad to have most of these events nearing an end, whether it's due their expiration or I've completed them.  I really wish however that WG could give us something like a couple of weeks between clan battles season and ranked season, just to decompress a bit.  I'm still sorta-kinda grinding my legendary modules, but I'm absolutely in no rush to get them done and grind them only when the spirit moves me, so to speak.  

[SALVO]
Members
18,400 posts
18,943 battles
1 minute ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

The tech tree ship "grind", is enjoyable to me. So it's just all around "just playing". 

The only point I think Ive really grind grinded was for the MO, 2 Christmas's ago.

I'm with you on this, Octavian.  I enjoy tech tree grinds, particularly when I'm in no rush to get them done.  Some people seem to try to sprint their way through tech tree grinds.  The only degree to which I do this is mounting piles of signal flags and good grinding camo on higher tier ships I'm grinding.  But I rarely play any such grind ship more than it takes to get the daily win, unless I truly find the ship a joy to play.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,303 posts

lol, it's funny how easily people can forget about playing game is supposed to be fun and entertaining, if it's no fun then what's the point