You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Flambass and the Ghost Win

8 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
7,987 posts

I have to concur, I've never seen the likes of this before.

Make sure to watch until the very end because this is where the puzzle is.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,877 posts
2,645 battles

Server lag?    Client rendered the Frag, but match was already over at server...    Close!

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
368 posts
7,391 battles
21 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Server lag?    Client rendered the Frag, but match was already over at server...    Close!

Exactly. Have a couple of matches exactly like that. The final calculation is done server side and that is all that matters, but the client updates also updates with its own approximate calculation. There is a very small delay between the two that causes sync issues if events have within a fraction of a second. The game engine will attempt to use the client information as well, so if will credit a ship being killed, even if the match is technically over, because Wargaming doesn't want to take away a credited kill.

It's also why you sometimes have more than 1 first blood in a match, because the ships died so close to each other that they occur within that sync lag. Wargaming doesn't want to take a ribbon away, so it gives both players credit.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,309 posts
8,233 battles

Happened to us. In clan battles last year, but we were on the losing side of it. Killed everyone, still lost the battle. It’s not really that rare.

• Cool 1

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

Yup,  happened to me several times in ranked / CW. You can see the score tics up to 1000pts a millisecond before the score is deducted for him dying.

[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
2 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Happened to us. In clan battles last year, but we were on the losing side of it. Killed everyone, still lost the battle. It’s not really that rare.

This happened to us in CBs this season (we won).  Very strange.

Members
3,332 posts
1,475 battles

There have been a couple of threads here on this happening.  Losing when you thought you won must suck.

He had another video a couple of days ago where he took a CV up the middle on Two Brothers and capped.

I wonder how many times he tried that before it worked.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,309 posts
8,233 battles
21 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

There have been a couple of threads here on this happening.  Losing when you thought you won must suck.

He had another video a couple of days ago where he took a CV up the middle on Two Brothers and capped.

I wonder how many times he tried that before it worked.

I took an Atlanta up the middle a few months back after watching one of his videos. 

On the face of it, a stupid move.

... except that I had VampyChan as a division mate with a CV, and we coordinated things nicely. It was a blowout win.