You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ASCHEER_3055

Bismarck to soft for tier 10?

52 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
6,543 battles

This Bismarck seems to get really OP by CA with HE and AP it's just hard to believe and CA could take down the Bismarck!

It seems like I always get up tiered up in most of my games not sure why?.....Just an average player 

Any thoughts on the Bismarck at Tier 10

Edited by ASCHEER_3055

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
430 posts
5,241 battles

I love the biz. such a bull in the china shop. however, its the T10 maps that get ya. they are too open for the biz. you get focused on because you are the biz. 

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,401 posts
13,944 battles

Most ships at tier 8 don't perform well at tier ten. Like every ship, it has it's niche. I am a huge fan of playing silly in ships that allow me to play silly. Secondary specs fall into that category. I think she is fine & fun. As for what BB I would choose at tier 8 knowing a tier ten game? probably the ol' NC. Those guns while wonky to figure out... but when you do they drop haymakers.....

• Bad 2

[ONAVY]
Members
980 posts
7,215 battles

Maybe a prerequisite to being up-tired would be if you have a 19pt captain in a tier 8 ship then that to me would suggest that your ship is worthy of playing with the big boys and you belong in a match with similar skilled captains...as is so often said here if you have that much of a skilled captain you should be able to withstand in a match with bigger ships....have faith in your winrate that you will carry and win the day.

Members
29 posts
6,543 battles
1 minute ago, C_D said:

Maybe a prerequisite to being up-tired would be if you have a 19pt captain in a tier 8 ship then that to me would suggest that your ship is worthy of playing with the big boys and you belong in a match with similar skilled captains...as is so often said here if you have that much of a skilled captain you should be able to withstand in a match with bigger ships....have faith in your winrate that you will carry and win the day.

I think I a have 12pt captain its not so much the BB its CA they hit him harder sometime than I hit them and the Bismarck has bad dispersion and that doesn't help matters any!! lol

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,626 posts
2,633 battles

Well that's the sacrifice for turtle back armor. No citadels but frequent ap penetrations. Personally, I took issue with the smaller gun caliber. I was just peashooting tier x battleships

[KNTAI]
Members
2,186 posts
9,516 battles

It unfortunate, but that ship doesn’t handle being uptiered well. The weaknesses (i.e. lackluster performance on the guns, poor concealment, and terrible AA) are exacerbated by the good armor and lethality of tier X ships while the strengths (good armor and secondaries) are ignored by tier X ships as well.

IMO the only ships that do well uptiered are the ones with gunpower and conceal, such as Mogami. 

Well, Mogami explodes if tier VIII battleships look at her, so facing tier Xs isn’t that much worse.

Members
29 posts
6,543 battles
1 minute ago, Gavroche_ said:

It unfortunate, but that ship doesn’t handle being uptiered well. The weaknesses (i.e. lackluster performance on the guns, poor concealment, and terrible AA) are exacerbated by the good armor and lethality of tier X ships while the strengths (good armor and secondaries) are ignored by tier X ships as well.

IMO the only ships that do well uptiered are the ones with gunpower and conceal, such as Mogami. 

Well, Mogami explodes if tier VIII battleships look at her, so facing tier Xs isn’t that much worse.

I seem to have the best luck playing the Bismarck at tier 10 when I play it sort of like CA....you definitely have to pick your spots when to attack! 

Its hard to play like that in that ship.... you tend to want to be aggressive

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
430 posts
5,241 battles
6 minutes ago, ASCHEER_3055 said:

I seem to have the best luck playing the Bismarck at tier 10 when I play it sort of like CA....you definitely have to pick your spots when to attack! 

Its hard to play like that in that ship.... you tend to want to be aggressive

^this...I agree.. and then the maps at t10 betray you. like ocean. 

Edited by skillztowin

[-VT3-]
Members
1,751 posts
3,550 battles
5 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

^this...I agree.. and then the maps at t10 betray you. like ocean. 

more than the maps, bis is let down by the passive t10 playstyle.  Bis thrives at one distance:  10 Km.  That leaves you pecking away ineffectively until (if ever) the teams finally close in with each other, lest you get hung out to dry.

• Cool 1

Members
29 posts
6,543 battles
3 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

more than the maps, bis is let down by the passive t10 playstyle.  Bis thrives at one distance:  10 Km.  That leaves you pecking away ineffectively until (if ever) the teams finally close in with each other, lest you get hung out to dry.

I agree with that she seems to better in tight by a lot of islands popping out and hitting hard!!   

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,347 posts
15,832 battles

Tier X ships aren't those chump Tier VI ships that Tier VIII Battleships like to bowl over with ease.  Tier X has teeth.

Members
29 posts
6,543 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Tier X ships aren't those chump Tier VI ships that Tier VIII Battleships like to bowl over with ease.  Tier X has teeth.

Then maybe WG shouldn't tier up?.....because a CA should not be able to cut down a Bismarck in a 1 on 1 battle no way!!

I have played plenty of games in tin can German CL at tier 5 and 6 and know to angle with the best of um....the Bismarck should not be

a tin can at tier 10

Edited by ASCHEER_3055

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,347 posts
15,832 battles
Just now, ASCHEER_3055 said:

Then maybe WG shouldn't tier up?.....because a CA should not be able to cut a Bismarck in a 1 on 1 battle no way!!

I have played plenty of games in tin can German CL at tier 5 and 6 and know to angle with the best of um....the Bismarck should not be

a tin can at tier 10

As long as you can see Tier VI with your Tier VIII, you need to also pay the price by seeing Tier X.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
567 posts
1,600 battles
22 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

Getting into T7 with German BBs has made me stop playing them all together. Yes German BBs are fun if you get into secondary range, but they get focused so hard in T8+ matches its not even funny. I mean there is only so much you can do when trying to get into range and getting HE spammed to desth, on top of getting overpened by T10 BBs

Members
29 posts
6,543 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As long as you can see Tier VI with your Tier VIII, you need to also pay the price by seeing Tier X.

True!! But I rarely play at T8 games always Tiered  up!! not sure why? 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,347 posts
15,832 battles

True!! But I rarely play at T8 games always Tiered  up!! not sure why? 

I'll tell you why.

Nobody plays Tier IX except for some very specific ships (Missouri "The ATM Machine," Fletcher, Chung Mu for example).  Tier IX is seen as a stepping stone and there's numerous ships there that are deemed mediocre to just plain awful (Izumo, FDG, Ibuki, Buffalo, Seattle, etc).  As a stepping stone tier towards Tier X, which is the real goal why you're in Tier IX to begin with, when you reach your grinding goal of Montana, Yamato, GK, Des Moines, Hindenburg, why would you play the Tier IX still?  Very few of the Tier IX ships are worth to keep playing.

So what happens is the Tier IX population is low.  Tier VIII has long been a very popular tier.  So with Tier IX being so low, guess who's coming to play in Tier X? :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2

Members
29 posts
6,543 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'll tell you why.

Nobody plays Tier IX except for some very specific ships (Missouri "The ATM Machine," Fletcher, Chung Mu for example).  Tier IX is seen as a stepping stone and there's numerous ships there that are deemed mediocre to just plain awful (Izumo, FDG, Ibuki, Buffalo, Seattle, etc).  As a stepping stone tier towards Tier X, which is the real goal why you're in Tier IX to begin with, when you reach your grinding goal of Montana, Yamato, GK, Des Moines, Hindenburg, why would you play the Tier IX still?  Very few of the Tier IX ships are worth to keep playing.

So what happens is the Tier IX population is low.  Tier VIII has long been a very popular tier.  So with Tier IX being so low, guess who's coming to play in Tier X? :Smile_popcorn:

With that being said than WG needs to BUFF  up Bismarck  to T10 standards....it just hard tip toeing around stronger BB and have a CA sit behind an ILE and burn you down or sometime out gun you with AP that should never happen I am not the best player but I am not going to let a CA out gun me unless the CA is OP witch that should never be the case at any tier!

[WDS]
Members
1,051 posts
7,719 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'll tell you why.

I really like the JB but like you said its always in tier10 and I'm not good enough yet to play there regularly . But she is a fun ship wish she was in another tier .

[RKLES]
Members
8,340 posts
10,570 battles
1 hour ago, ASCHEER_3055 said:

I think I a have 12pt captain its not so much the BB its CA they hit him harder sometime than I hit them and the Bismarck has bad dispersion and that doesn't help matters any!! lol

12 points is still a little low sadly. German Battleship are often very temperamental about having 17 or 19 point captains on them. Once you get the proper Captain on them as well as the other upgrades and Consumables then they will serve you well.  Once you are able to go full secondary build against enemy ships it makes them a little more neverous if you firing AP main guns shells and rapid fire HE secondary guns at them.

[RKLES]
Members
8,340 posts
10,570 battles
7 minutes ago, ASCHEER_3055 said:

With that being said than WG needs to BUFF  up Bismarck  to T10 standards....it just hard tip toeing around stronger BB and have a CA sit behind an ILE and burn you down or sometime out gun you with AP that should never happen I am not the best player but I am not going to let a CA out gun me unless the CA is OP witch that should never be the case at any tier!

They have a ship Buffed up to tier X standards, it’s name is Kurfurst.  That’s part of the reason why people get the tier X ships is to be able to fight tier X ships on more equal terms. But some of the tier 8 ships can surprise you once you have mastered their secrets, I actually prefer using some tier 8 ships against tier X instead of using some of the tier X ships.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,347 posts
15,832 battles

You are not having a Tier VIII ship buffed up to be a Tier X.  That will never happen.  Anyways, here's an example with the drop off in players in Tier IX.  Iowa is well represented because we're NA server.  But you can see a huge fall off with Izumo.  IJN & USN BBs have been in the game since Launch.  Yamato is also quite popular, especially considering the population drop at Izumo once you get past Amagi.

vuTY0Lc.jpg

Cruisers are even worse.  Like their BB counterparts, IJN & USN Cruisers were the only two Cruiser Lines in the game at launch.

Le4EFYO.png

Mogami is well loved in the IJN Cruiser Line.  Then you can see the drop off with Ibuki.  Old IX Baltimore was reviled, then picks up with Des Moines which is a great CA.  Even IX Buffalo, IX Seattle aren't loved when new VIII Cleveland has already seen TONS of action, seeing as much action already since the US Cruiser Split in 2018 than Ibuki has seen since Launch in 2015.

Members
29 posts
6,543 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

They have a ship Buffed up to tier X standards, it’s name is Kurfurst.  That’s part of the reason why people get the tier X ships is to be able to fight tier X ships on more equal terms. But some of the tier 8 ships can surprise you once you have mastered their secrets, I actually prefer using some tier 8 ships against tier X instead of using some of the tier X ships.

Yes agree!! its just tough tip towing around!! lol

Members
29 posts
6,543 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You are not having a Tier VIII ship buffed up to be a Tier X.  That will never happen.  Anyways, here's an example with the drop off in players in Tier IX.  Iowa is well represented because we're NA server.  But you can see a huge fall off with Izumo.  IJN & USN BBs have been in the game since Launch.  Yamato is also quite popular, especially considering the population drop at Izumo once you get past Amagi.

vuTY0Lc.jpg

Cruisers are even worse.  Like their BB counterparts, IJN & USN Cruisers were the only two Cruiser Lines in the game at launch.

Le4EFYO.png

Mogami is well loved in the IJN Cruiser Line.  Then you can see the drop off with Ibuki.  Old IX Baltimore was reviled, then picks up with Des Moines which is a great CA.  Even IX Buffalo, IX Seattle aren't loved when new VIII Cleveland has already seen TONS of action, seeing as much action already since the US Cruiser Split in 2018 than Ibuki has seen since Launch in 2015.

I would agree with that!!