Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Missing the Kronshtadt

37 comments in this topic

[SPV]
Members
159 posts
3,728 battles

I have about half of the FXP I need for the Kron and I doubt I'll be able to nab it before it goes. I have enough xp on other ships but not the doubloons to convert them. I got the Musashi after the announcement but since then I haven't enjoyed her. Should I be sad I'm missing the Kron or should I not care?

• Cool 1

Members
2,079 posts
8,148 battles

Well...   Once in a while you will see competently driven Kronshtadt doing great things.  Every time you see this, you will be sad, but you will tell yourself you should not care.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,458 posts
9,444 battles

Honestly it sucks (not the bote), but you'll never know until you try it. The majority opinion could be it's rubbish or the majority opinion could be that it's great, but I have found it's largely irrelevant to whether I like a given ship or not. 

Edited by pikohan
  • Cool 2

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I got Kron in a Christmas container and ran her in 20 Randoms. She's been parked since then. She's a decent bote but, IMHO, if someone doesn't have it, they aint missing anything.

Edited by ReddNekk

[TBW]
Members
6,977 posts
12,911 battles

She has a 100% WR for me, I played one battle and she was fun, I am sure I will play it again or maybe not and sport a 100% WR in it.

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,295 posts
10,477 battles

It is pretty good. So far I have liked all of the Super Cruisers. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,597 posts
20,183 battles
24 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Honestly it sucks, but you'll never know until you try it. The majority opinion could be it's rubbish or the majority opinion could be that it's great, but I have found it's largely irrelevant to whether I like a given ship or not. 

Still, she has the best stats of all T9 cruiser at NA. 

I suspect a ship that many bought, but only a few experienced player still play.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,458 posts
9,444 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Still, she has the best stats of all T9 cruiser at NA. 

I suspect a ship that many bought, but only a few experienced player still play.

Ahhh, that came out wrong. I don't think the bote sucks, but that you have to try it to know if you'll like it :Smile_facepalm:

Members
1,917 posts
509 battles

well. I got one with my free XP.... and most of me wishes I did not... but I have plenty of time to get back the 750 I spent to get the next one (Alaska)... so it ain't good to think you are missing something worth getting, you are not...
NOW if you didn't get the MO... then THAT was a mistake... at least THAT one I am happy I got... and got enough Free XP for the next one, got it, regretted it, but I know I will have more than enough time, like I said, to get the next one...

[ARGSY]
5,597 posts
20,183 battles
5 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Ahhh, that came out wrong. I don't think the bote sucks, but that you have to try it to know if you'll like it :Smile_facepalm:

Sorry, could also be my mistake, got disturbed by work while I start reading it. Yeah, you are right, sorry.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
44 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

I got the Musashi after the announcement but since then I haven't enjoyed her.

Oh dear. So sorry to hear that.

Sod's Law says "All life is six to five against", but there's no telling whether you would have found happiness in the Kron or disliked her even more. I chose Musashi because 95,000 hit points makes it very difficult for anyone to delete you immediately for your first stupid mistake, and I can do stupid things in co-op like run down Tirpitzes without the ramming flag fitted and live to tell about it.

(Of course this gave me just the overconfidence I needed in my first Random battle in her to push WAAAAAAY too deep and get progressively deleted in a relatively short space of time, but that one's on me.)

3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

NOW if you didn't get the MO... then THAT was a mistake...

This is one decision I won't have to worry about - not enough XP available even in conversion, IIRC, before she went away. Now she is a supercontainer ship, so I await the fortunes of RNGesus to descend upon me.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,884 posts
2,681 battles

Picked it up a few days ago.    I think I am going to like it..   Yesterday as I was grinding credits on my last line to get PEF reward, I realized how fast it is..   At first it felt like I should play it like a BB?     Its definitely going to take some getting used to.   But it is a forgiving ship with the speed and nice armor.    Guns are surprising and AP is strong even against T10 BBs.   I'm glad went ahead with it..  Was really thinking about saving for Alaska, But it will be around for a while.      

Members
1,917 posts
509 battles
8 minutes ago, pikohan said:

that is EXACTLY the right thing... I have to find the right way to play it...I mean I am OK in it... but it seems like I am regretting it simply because I have not found that "click" I need to find to succeed in it...

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
431 posts
5,241 battles
40 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

but not the doubloons to convert them

recommend to FLAG and camo up every ship with ship bonus and that you play well and farm farm farm... to knock the remaining difference down as much as possbile, then buy a dub package that has a discount for the difference.  

clicking on the ship in the tech tree will tell you the remaining balance required, and the conversion calculator will tell you exactly how many dubs you need. 

the Musashi was better at earning credits and easier to play, Kronch is a pretty good ship. but i think you got the better one. I used both to farm credits during the PEF event. 

Members
1,917 posts
509 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is one decision I won't have to worry about - not enough XP available even in conversion, IIRC, before she went away. Now she is a supercontainer ship, so I await the fortunes of RNGesus to descend upon me.

eSfsYdE.gif

• Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

eSfsYdE.gif

That much is true, but I don't miss what I never had. I'm just going to keep on pushing the button for resource containers to mine the coal, and if it happens then it happens.

As of yet, I don't think I've got a single premium ship out of any container of any kind that I ever opened. I do, however, keep on getting doubloons, free XP, premium time and sets of flags or camo that are conveniently timed for something I'm trying to achieve (e.g. fifty Wyvern right in the middle of the PEF cash grind; a bunch of Restless Fire when I was grinding my first 19 point captain, two weeks of premium during Twilight Battles that let me get the FXP for Musashi). We all hope for that glorious ship drop that will make us very happy in our trousers, but I can't say I've been ill-served by the things I've actually got.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles
1 hour ago, CTMAADawson said:

I have about half of the FXP I need for the Kron and I doubt I'll be able to nab it before it goes. I have enough xp on other ships but not the doubloons to convert them. I got the Musashi after the announcement but since then I haven't enjoyed her. Should I be sad I'm missing the Kron or should I not care?

Kron is a weird duck...Even the few times I've had decent games in her I always feel like so much more was left on the table.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,413 posts
15,881 battles

It's a good ship filling in a Cruiser slot.  Statistically it's doing very well for what it is.  Understand though there are a few things.

1.  It's pretty tough for a "Cruiser" but 380mm+ AP from Battleships will Overmatch you.  Some people get this "Battlecruiser" and try to tank like a BB.  She can do it in a pinch, for a while, but not prolonged as eventually those BB shells start hitting all the wrong places on Kronshtadt.  You're a big ship also.  You're decently armored but don't go around showing your big juicy broadsides all willy-nilly in PVP.

2.  The shells fly super fast and can be punishing to targets.  However, she reminds you that you don't have "true cruiser" dispersion and you throw shells out like a BB at times.  For a "Cruiser" nothing is more maddening than to see a DD at 9km and your guns can't hit the d*mn thing.  On other occasions, you do something like punish another Cruiser or even a Battleship at long range with those flat arcing, fast flying 305mm shells.  You're a "Cruiser" with BB RNG at times.

3.  The AA is pretty mediocre.  It's not Musashi terrible because you can have Defensive Fire.  But this is made a lot worse because you need ASM1.  This makes it so that no matter what, typical Kronshtadts will never scare a CV.  Guess what's about to happen in 8 days?  For this reason, I also foresee lots of Alaskas getting picked on.

Again, I think it's a strong IX "Cruiser" made even better that you have this thing not taking a Battleship slot.  It has great things for her but there are qualities that are annoying that became immediate the moment you take her in for battle.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[OPG]
Members
4,221 posts
6,068 battles

I don't think the Kronshtadt is a good ship, I don't think the Kronshtadt is fun to play and I think the ship needs to be completely rebalanced from the ground up.....but I'm still really glad I got mine.  It's a great collector's ship, a beautiful port queen, and if you ever decide to take her out she can give you brief moments of great fun every so often.

I would not recommend the Kronshtadt for the gameplay, but I still think she's a ship worth having in your port just for the novelty of it all.

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
4,123 posts

Kronshtadt is not a 'cruiser'. It's an agile lightly armored battleship with cruiser consumables. I pretty much stop calling something a cruiser once it's AP can citadel battleships at all ranges.

So the question is: Do you want to play a proper battlecruiser? If so, get Kronshtadt. I too purchased doubloons to convert ship xp into free xp (during the 35 to 1 conversation sales). I do not regret my purchase. She's truly unique.

[S-N-D]
Members
2,068 posts
6,136 battles
3 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

She's a beast. You should be very sad.

[KNTAI]
Members
2,188 posts
9,528 battles

Her guns are the most inconsistent things I have ever seen. You have guns that can citadel Yamatos at 20km but can’t them at 10. 

I don’t like her.

[-GDP-]
2,593 posts
1,105 battles

I play her as a BB instead of a CA with no armour. At least she has BB HP. 

Sign in to follow this