You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anij

CV REWORK--HOW TO BEAT AA

31 comments in this topic

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles

This should be a mandatory must watch video for all CV drivers. This video clearly shows how to minimize/reduce your  planes losses from AA by up to 90%.

This video is from Noster-->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9HipuVkQ0

Clearly if this is what WG calls balance well I am  absolutely gonna enjoy making life hell for any ships that have bad AA and in this case that's DDs. WG has nerfed AA to a absolute oblivion. Its a painful video to watch to know your AA builds mean nothing but a joy to watch knowing that if your ship is parked, not moving and the fact that you have miserable AA that's easy to avoid then all you campers and sail backward freaks are toast..

This is what you get for complaining about CVS. WG has made them incredibly OP

Edited by Anij
  • Bad 5

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,560 posts
4,805 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Already posted.

and already debunked.. 

[DENY]
[DENY]
Beta Testers
228 posts
10,100 battles
13 minutes ago, Anij said:

This should be a mandatory must watch video for all CV drivers. This video clearly shows how to minimize/reduce your  planes losses from AA by up to 90%.

Clearly if this is what WG calls balance well I am  absolutely gonna enjoy making life hell for any ships that have bad AA and in this case that's DDs. WG has nerfed AA to a absolute oblivion. Its a painful video to watch to know your AA builds mean nothing but a joy to watch knowing that if your ship is parked, not moving and the fact that you have miserable AA that's easy to avoid then all you campers and sail backward freaks are toast..

So you must have played on the PTS? Did you play a CV? or a DD, CA, or BB?

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
7 minutes ago, REZ_0311 said:

So you must have played on the PTS? Did you play a CV? or a DD, CA, or BB?

why should I.. If the experts on the 8.0 test server are telling us how to beat the system then there is no need to test it out. His video makes total sense even if it ISNT 100% accurate. Why on earth would you fly your plane is a straight line anyway? If you need to watch the above link to figure that out then you probably shouldn't be playing CVs in the first place.

The whole point of this thread is to GET WG to fix the damn holes in the system. They need to seriously buff AA so they don't piss a lot of players off. Its easier to nerf then buff.

Edited by Anij
  • Bad 3

Members
142 posts
869 battles

The avoiding there doesn't really avoid anything. If you pay attention he let go of a Dive Bomber squadron that was completely deleted by AA.
Plus, 5k damage while losing 1 and a half squadrons.... Quite the crappy performance.

1505780304843.gif.0a01e08937f60433bfe08cd7939b60bc.gif

Edited by Hirst

[DENY]
[DENY]
Beta Testers
228 posts
10,100 battles
Just now, Anij said:

why should I.. If the experts on the 8.0 test server are telling us how to beat the system

So your whole tantrum is because of a video from your so called (PTS Experts). I think you should have gotten on the TS yourself and tried it for yourself, but hey why do it for yourself when you can watch a video and have someone else tell you how to think.  

[WOLF1]
Members
2,303 posts

WG should have kept AA like before, the black cloud only help planes: hey stay away from there lol

[5BS]
Members
5,681 posts
37 minutes ago, Anij said:

Can you do me a favor and take a Hak against a gearing in the current build and see how *few* planes it shoots down and how long it lasts against a triple drop.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,076 posts

"This video should be mandatory for everyone before they can play."

"Have you tried what it recommends yourself to see if it works?"

"NO!  Don't be stupid!"

:Smile_sceptic::Smile_smile::Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Members
142 posts
869 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

"This video should be mandatory for everyone before they can play."

"Have you tried what it recommends yourself to see if it works?"

"NO!  Don't be stupid!"

:Smile_sceptic::Smile_smile::Smile_facepalm:

Literally hilarious. The whole thing around this Notser character and his video is what makes me enjoy this Forum.

1507866199880.gif.50d271c02d575f8c37d0e879b2af3c36.gif

[HINON]
Members
10,105 posts
25 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

and already debunked.. 

Yep it was a click bait video.

[RKLES]
Members
8,341 posts
10,574 battles
27 minutes ago, Anij said:

why should I.. If the experts on the 8.0 test server are telling us how to beat the system then there is no need to test it out. His video makes total sense even if it ISNT 100% accurate. Why on earth would you fly your plane is a straight line anyway? If you need to watch the above link to figure that out then you probably shouldn't be playing CVs in the first place.

The whole point of this thread is to GET WG to fix the damn holes in the system. They need to seriously buff AA so they don't piss a lot of players off. Its easier to nerf then buff.

There are these nice little ships called submarines that I have heard from various sources are getting added this year. The Halloween subs were apparently a sort of beta test.

Now if your CVs have caused too much trouble guess who is first on the list of ships that the subs will sink? Yep the trouble making CVs that have weak secondary guns and armor, lack torpedoes and depth charges. Now which ships will be able to mount effective defenses against subs? DDs, CAs, and at least some of not all BBs. But DDs and CAs are likely most effectively be at Sub hunting. Now if you terrorized DDs you will be thinking if only there were some effective sub hunting ships to protect you that you had not been killing off...

I have many ships I believe will effectively hunt subs on hand in case things get out of hand with subs. But seeing how OP CVs might end up being I have secured the necessary resources to field 11 well equipped subs when they are released with a goal of fielding at least 18 subs by the time they are released. You go on for air attack on a sub and they can simply dive below the surface and escape you. Evading sub hunting ships will be far more difficult as I mentioned not only from their Armaments, but also the hydro.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,076 posts
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

There are these nice little ships called submarines that I have heard from various sources are getting added this year. The Halloween subs were apparently a sort of beta test.

Now if your CVs have caused too much trouble guess who is first on the list of ships that the subs will sink? Yep the trouble making CVs that have weak secondary guns and armor, lack torpedoes and depth charges. Now which ships will be able to mount effective defenses against subs? DDs, CAs, and at least some of not all BBs. But DDs and CAs are likely most effectively be at Sub hunting. Now if you terrorized DDs you will be thinking if only there were some effective sub hunting ships to protect you that you had not been killing off...

I have many ships I believe will effectively hunt subs on hand in case things get out of hand with subs. But seeing how OP CVs might end up being I have secured the necessary resources to field 11 well equipped subs when they are released with a goal of fielding at least 18 subs by the time they are released. You go on for air attack on a sub and they can simply dive below the surface and escape you. Evading sub hunting ships will be far more difficult as I mentioned not only from their Armaments, but also the hydro.

How is the 5 knot submerged or 18 knot surfaced submarine going to make it to the far side of the map in time to make a difference? 

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
14 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

How is the 5 knot submerged or 18 knot surfaced submarine going to make it to the far side of the map in time to make a difference? 

you don't..its been suggested to have 1-2 submarines spawn behind each enemy team. and of course not being able to control your cv hull so I cant imagine any potential problems coming up there:Smile_trollface:

Edited by Anij

Members
1,899 posts
509 battles
20 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

how did this become a SUB thread.... which will never happen anyway.... the post above makes sense... how does the slowest moving ship in the SEA make a difference in this game??

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,076 posts
3 minutes ago, Anij said:

you don't..its been suggested to have 1-2 submarines spawn behind each enemy team

Well I guess that's a great idea if you want to crank the toxin level in WOWS up to 11 and make the game into two teams YOLO-rushing... or both teams immediately turning to engage in an all-out submarine hunt before getting back to the real battle.

1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

how did this become a SUB thread.... which will never happen anyway.... the post above makes sense... how does the slowest moving ship in the SEA make a difference in this game??

Every thread becomes a subs thread, because evidently subs are the magical cure for any and all problems in WOWS.  :Smile_smile:

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

don't know but either way you look at it. Noster is right about 1 thing

Don't fly in a straight line

and on video the black puffs look awfully predictable so as long as you weave about and change speeds your plane losses should be reduced

[RKLES]
Members
8,341 posts
10,574 battles
10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

You run surfaced most of the battle and dive only when needed. Plus the speeds will not be quite as low as you say because game balance changes will be made. And fear will be the biggest weapons against CV players just doing CVs on a whim or because they think it’s popular.

Meanwhile they will see players in surface ships actually being able to mount a defense again suns and that should be able to convince them. And subs may not even need to sink the CVs themselves, if they can simply spot them and let long range allied gun fire sink the CVs that will work as well. With the upcoming CE skill changes the CVs will be even easier to spot than they are now. Then once the sub has done the spotting of the CV which resulted in the CV being sunk, the sub could them attack enemy lines from behind.

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Well I guess that's a great idea if you want to crank the toxin level in WOWS up to 11 and make the game into two teams YOLO-rushing... or both teams immediately turning to engage in an all-out submarine hunt before getting back to the real battle.

Every thread becomes a subs thread, because evidently subs are the magical cure for any and all problems in WOWS.  :Smile_smile:

I think if they do have subs it should be a separate game with modern submarines but not integrated into WOWS.. it should be a stand alone which is what warthunder did

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,076 posts
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You run surfaced most of the battle and dive only when needed. Plus the speeds will not be quite as low as you say because game balance changes will be made.

So you think subs will be like the clown-show we saw in the Halloween event?  

(Never mind that I can't think of a ship in the game that currently gets that kind of speed boost.)

This idea gets worse and worse every time someone starts advocating for it.

[RKLES]
Members
8,341 posts
10,574 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

One of the same roles the real world subs were planned and sometimes put into use as, recon units. Just slip below the waves, get past enemy lines, surface and your team now has stealthy Spotter. You can’t tell me that the BBs which have long practiced long range firing won’t take the shots.

Oh and don’t say it will never happen, the sources of this info have proven reliable in the past, it’s just a question of when in 2019 they will be added.

[RKLES]
Members
8,341 posts
10,574 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

So you think subs will be like the clown-show we saw in the Halloween event?  

(Never mind that I can't think of a ship in the game that currently gets that kind of speed boost.)

This idea gets worse and worse every time someone starts advocating for it.

Looks over at “historically accurate” Russian ships... Need I say more?

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
626 posts
1,444 battles
30 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I think a completely helpless 35 knot surface speed with a submerged 5 knot speed with limited air and subject to destroyer depth charges would be acceptable.  It would be a high risk high reward ship.  Think, no armor (Less than a DD) , one useless gun, only concealment and only attack would be submerged which would be time limited.  They say subs had the highest casualty rate IRL and I could see them replacing Destroyers as the lowest survivability ship in WOWS.