You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Acura_invader

P.E.Friedrich is a totally garbage ship

54 comments in this topic

[NNG]
Members
126 posts
4,294 battles

I am happy I don’t  pay for this ship. Have you tested this ship efficiently before selling? Main battery is the most important element on a battleship. But for this ship, the battery is insanely weak. It’s nearly unplayable in game.

Compare with the other T6 battle ships, I think this ship is your bad joke.

When I use this ship to finish Nerves of Steel, it’s really a torture.

You sell such ship for 40CAD, after bought this one, who will buy your premium ship again?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
Members
13,743 posts

If you play it like any other T6 BB you will have a rough time. When you adapt to how she should be played, she is usable. Not the best by any means but not garbage either. I'll let you in on a little secret. You can do Nerves of Steel in Operations or COOP.

M9JeIR3.jpg

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 3

[TBW]
Members
10,593 posts
18,167 battles

Some ships are better in other modes than Random. The ship is a blast the missions were easy. I can't wait to try her in all of the tier 6 scenarios. I have her set with a full secondary build. They rip ships apart, they are like the Ronco rotisserie broiler, "Just set it and forget it".

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,689 battles

A) PEF is not a battleship, it's a battlecruiser, WG even states this, repeatedly.

B) As such, playing it like a battleship generally won't get you results.

C) Just because it's not OP doesn't mean it's bad.

D) Not knowing or understanding how to play it doesn't make it bad.

E) No-one forced you to earn it, or to play it.

• Cool 9
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,725 posts
19,926 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

A) PEF is not a battleship, it's a battlecruiser, WG even states this, repeatedly.

B) As such, playing it like a battleship generally won't get you results.

C) Just because it's not OP doesn't mean it's bad.

D) Not knowing or understanding how to play it doesn't make it bad.

E) No-one forced you to earn it, or to play it.

What's this? A nuanced opinion based on critical thought? We can't have that on our soap box platform! Begone you!

NvW3eCZ.gif

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Meh 1

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,115 posts

350 mm guns are meant to sink crusiers . BBs are a different story , armor and caliber on them exceeds 355. Like NM. Plus we all knew what PEF was going to be like . It's a FREE ship and even if it lives in your port as a port beauty queen it's still just that ....FREE.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Common mistake I see is people pretending that she is a German Warspite, with accurate and hard hitting guns. While her guns are accurate, they do not hit as hard as you'd like. And that's because she is a Cruiser killer.

Don't force her into a role she is not meant to serve, and you'll see that she is quite capable.

[WARGS]
Members
67 posts
8,603 battles
3 minutes ago, Versili said:

350 mm guns are meant to sink crusiers . BBs are a different story , armor and caliber on them exceeds 355. Like NM. Plus we all knew what PEF was going to be like . It's a FREE ship and even if it lives in your port as a port beauty queen it's still just that ....FREE.

Will the PEF be a free ship a few months from now when Wows repackages it in another bundle? Would you recommed it to someone for purchase over the other tier 6 BBs? That is the real problem is that new players buying this weak ship will feel ripped off....when its no longer "free" 

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,689 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

What's this? A nuanced opinion based on critical thought? We can't have that on our soap box platform! Begone you!

NvW3eCZ.gif

I know, right? :fish_nerv:

[USCG]
Members
677 posts
21,498 battles

I went with a secondary build and dropped my Bismarck captain on her for some extra range & accuracy.  She's quick and semi-maneuverable (all be it her turret traverse is rather slow) and she's pretty good up close when her secondaries are popping off.   No, her main guns don't pack much of a punch against other BBs but she does well against cruisers.  She wouldn't be my first choice for a T6 BB but she wouldn't be my last choice either.  

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Is it time to consolidate Prinz Eitel Friedrich whine threads already?

• Cool 1

[ONE]
Members
361 posts

Received the PEF through an op and I was pleasantly surprised with it after all the bad press I had read about it.  The PEF is a workable ship if you play as a battlecruiser as mentioned above and not a battleship.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
24 minutes ago, Lert said:

NvW3eCZ.gif

While it may be true, it assumes that the player base is filled competent players....

For the vast majority of players, the ship is a toad...did you really think YMMV doesn't apply here? :Smile_amazed:

klzQQgo.gif

Edited by awiggin

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,725 posts
19,926 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

did you really think YMMV doesn't apply here? :Smile_amazed:

No, I think it does apply, which was entirely my point.

[NGA-A]
Members
1,284 posts
7,395 battles
39 minutes ago, Acura_invader said:

I am happy I don’t  pay for this ship. Have you tested this ship efficiently before selling? Main battery is the most important element on a battleship. But for this ship, the battery is insanely weak. It’s nearly unplayable in game.

Compare with the other T6 battle ships, I think this ship is your bad joke.

When I use this ship to finish Nerves of Steel, it’s really a torture.

You sell such ship for 40CAD, after bought this one, who will buy your premium ship again?

Yep, tested it very thoroughly and it's not a bad ship at all once you learn how to use it.  You can't look at it as a Battleship, you have to look at it and play it like a Battle Cruiser.  Its best against Cruisers and if you keep your distance from BBs you do just fine.  I just had a match where I got a double citadel on a NC at range so you can't say it's a bad ship at all.  It does just fine.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

No, I think it does apply, which was entirely my point.

So you're defending the idea that WG putting out a ship that most players can't make work is a good idea?:Smile_amazed:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,725 posts
19,926 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

So you're defending the idea that WG putting out a ship that most players can't make work is a good idea?:Smile_amazed:

Yep. There are plenty of ships that are easy to do well with. Bring on the unique ships that require a different play style and some effort on the part of the user. Even better if they give it away for free.

Are you honestly implying that you believe every ship should be equally easy for everyone to use and require exactly the same amount (IE, not much, judging by the majority of players) thought to use?

• Cool 3

[NNG]
Members
126 posts
4,294 battles
Just now, Ghost_Raven75 said:

Oh joy, here we go with the stat calling.  Come on people.  Just learn how to play the ship and stop whining, or don't play it at all.  Calling out someone's stats has no bearing whatsoever on the performance of the ship in the right hands.

He claimed this is a “not bad ship”, I’m curious about his status on this ship. Maybe he has different standard about “good” or “bad”.

• Meh 1

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles

Hello Captains,

Please refrain from naming and shaming on the forums.

Feel free to talk about a ships performance (good or bad) but leave stats of captains out of it.

Thanks!

• Cool 3

Members
941 posts
4,088 battles

I feel that this ship is absolutely awful, even for a battlecruiser. I can't find it performing in any roles well at all. I would rather take a Kongo with the same matchmaking over it any day.

[NGA-A]
Members
1,284 posts
7,395 battles
1 minute ago, richie_macrophage said:

I feel that this ship is absolutely awful, even for a battlecruiser. I can't find it performing in any roles well at all. I would rather take a Kongo with the same matchmaking over it any day.

But see that's where the two ships differ.  The Kongo is a BB, the PEF is a BC.  Two different playstyles.  SO until people learn how to play a battle cruiser they will continue to struggle with it.  Any new ship is going to have a period of adjustment for the player.  You have to learn where its strengths and weaknesses are before just bashing the ship as a whole.  

Members
941 posts
4,088 battles
Just now, Ghost_Raven75 said:

But see that's where the two ships differ.  The Kongo is a BB, the PEF is a BC.  Two different playstyles.  SO until people learn how to play a battle cruiser they will continue to struggle with it.  Any new ship is going to have a period of adjustment for the player.  You have to learn where its strengths and weaknesses are before just bashing the ship as a whole.  

Kongo is classified as a fast battleship but it's really a lot like a battle cruiser. The original ship was even designed as such. The Kongo is a squishy battleship that can't brawl but is also fast and has the same gun arrangement and nearly the same caliber as well.

I'm perfectly capable of playing squishy, fast battleships well, and I've done well with them many times. I'm also completely aware of the P.E.F's peculiarities and utilize them the way they should be used.

But the ship itself is just outright terrible and a massive pain to use even when you're using it correctly. I don't recommend it for even an excellent player.

[B-Z]
Beta Testers
259 posts
12,995 battles

shot-19_01.13_14_38.22-0184.thumb.jpg.f4afb907300d71c94faa5d341cbff67d.jpg

Yes!! 100% total garbage the ship is broken has nothing to do with how you play it.

[CDOH]
Beta Testers
119 posts
4,235 battles

Goes and checks wow numbers NA...

PEF 3trd best BB at tier 6 in both win rate and damage, behind Arizona and West Virginia.

What is our definition of trash?

• Cool 2

[NNG]
Members
126 posts
4,294 battles
3 minutes ago, richie_macrophage said:

Not only in NA service, my friends in Asian service, they all complain this ship a lot. 

Actually in t6, it’s hard to find a ship worse than PEF. Some people consider this ship is not bad, maybe I don’t have special talent on playing PEF.