You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UssIowaSailor

Holidays Haul, Thank you Wargaming for a fun filled Holiday extravaganza.

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles

The Holidays are a busy time within Warships with a lot of different events going on. The Snowflakes event, The Prince Eitel Frederick Campaigns, Sprint Ranked, Clan battles, Christmas Crates. I am not sure If I left anything out lol.

During this very busy Holiday season I managed to get the following ships T9 Battleship Musashi, T9 Cruiser Kronstadt, T9 Destroyer Black, T6 Battlecruiser Prince Eitel Frederick, T6 Destroyer Monaghan, T-3 Cruiser Charleston, T2 Destroyer Campbeltown.

About 18000 Doubloons and a ton of Commo's and signal flags.

I decided to break down and spend the coal on the Musashi, with the 25% off coupon I got her for 133,000 coal. As well as the 750k of free XP for the Kronstadt, these ships are going away soon and may never be back. I figured grab them while I can because I should have plenty of time to grind free XP for the Alaska.  I still have 600k in free XP so 400k will not be a real painful grind. 

I bypassed the Flint because I already have the Atlanta and the Belfast and picked up the Black. I do not play DD's currently but I plan on learning them and with the Smith, Monaghan, Simms, Kidd, and Black, I have a fleet of training ships to really grind that Captain XP for daily bonus wins. 

I got the Charleston and Campbeltown because they were so inexpensive from a coal standpoint I wanted to make sure they can never drop in a crate/ IThe Charleston is a prenerf St Souis, fun but nothing really special. I only have one game in the Campbeltown but in a COOP I did over 100k damage in a T2 DD.....so I think I might like her.

I still failed in my quest to obtain the Nikolai...so I am still itchy from my OCD and knowing I am missing a part from my Russian ship collection.......maybe next year.

Thank you for all the fun I had over the last couple of months Wargaming, I look forward to next years holidays events. 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[WGA]
Administrator
800 posts
454 battles
5 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The Holidays are a busy time within Warships with a lot of different events going on. The Snowflakes event, The Prince Eitel Frederick Campaigns, Sprint Ranked, Clan battles, Christmas Crates. I am not sure If I left anything out lol.

During this very busy Holiday season I managed to get the following ships T9 Battleship Musashi, T9 Cruiser Kronstadt, T9 Destroyer Black, T6 Battlecruiser Prince Eitel Frederick, T6 Destroyer Monaghan, T-3 Cruiser Charleston, T2 Destroyer Campbeltown.

I decided to break down and spend the coal on the Musashi, with the 25% off coupon I got her for 133,000 coal. As well as the 750k of free XP for the Kronstadt, these ships are going away soon and may never be back. I figured grab them while I can because I should have plenty of time to grind free XP for the Alaska.  I still have 600k in free XP so 400k will not be a real painful grind. 

I bypassed the Flint because I already have the Atlanta and the Belfast and picked up the Black. I do not play DD's currently but I plan on learning them and with the Smith, Monaghan, Simms, Kidd, and Black, I have a fleet of training ships to really grind that Captain XP for daily bonus wins. 

I got the Charleston and Campbeltown because they were so inexpensive from a coal standpoint I wanted to make sure they can never drop in a crate/ IThe Charleston is a prenerf St Souis, fun but nothing really special. I only have one game in the Campbeltown but in a COOP I did over 100k damage in a T2 DD.....so I think I might like her.

I still failed in my quest to obtain the Nikolai...so I am still itchy from my OCD and knowing I am missing a part from my Russian ship collection.......maybe next year.

Thank you for all the fun I had over the last couple of months Wargaming, I look forward to next years holidays events. 

Nice! I am glad you are enjoying the holiday festivities!

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
8 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

but in a COOP I did over 100k damage in a T2 DD.....so I think I might like her.

She's actually a T3.

Nitpicking aside, I feel your joy. (That sounded dodgy, didn't it? LOL) This last patch has brought me a lot., viz:

PEF, won in a Twitch stream, which gave me time to play the Mighty Prinz campaign and unlock:

Hatsuharu, permacamo and port slot  - so I bypassed almost the entire Minekaze grind and was able to get rid of her.

Nurnberg permacamo and port slot, plus the cash for already having the ship. I like the Nurn and was planning on keeping her; that's one more permacamo I don't have to buy, even if it was half-price at the time.

Icarus, Normandie, Dallas duplicate cash, port slots - I already had permacamo for them, so not much of a gain there, but it gives them something else to wear from time to time (though I don't think I'll ever want to take the Ocean Liner camo off the Normandie).

The cash gave me the ability to buy back or grind/free XP to a whole bunch of ships to pick up the coal I needed to get Salem just that bit sooner, and that meant I had enough to get Charleston in time to knock off her snowflake. Not to mention all the STUPIDLY CHEAP MODULES to equip them all. Charleston takes my Helena captain, with IFHE.

Picked up the Musashi in 0.7.11 before Twilight battles went away and PEF began, but still, a BIG shout-out to WG for that one as it let me farm ECXP and FXP like a boss.

Dreadnought - a hard grind for all those Dailies, but a fun ship to put a 19 pointer in. I am in post-PEF-grind chill mode right now, so having low-tier ships to take small nibbles of Elite captain XP in low-tier co-op is better than not earning any at all.

Steel - I forget exactly how much I had before 0.7.12 started, but it was nowhere near the 6000+ I will have when it finishes.

I could sit here all day squeaking "I'm a lucky boy" like some robotic, autistic Stepford child and it would be the truth, but you get the picture. So much I had at the end of 0.7.12 that I did not have at the beginning of 0.7.0, and a fair bit of it I did not have to pay for. Props to WG for making all that available. 2019 is going to be a bit more chill, I think, but I'm still anticipating a good year ahead.

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
5,795 posts
9,827 battles

Agreed.  If (and that's a big IF) you had enough time to get through all of the events over the hectic holidays, they were indeed fun.  I enjoyed them all quite a bit.

But blitzing players with events during busy time can also have its drawbacks in participation numbers, and many will be disgruntled that they didn't have enough free time to put into them.  It's a fine line to walk in keeping everyone entertained and happy.

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
376 posts
11,157 battles

I thoroughly enjoyed all of the events and completed all the objectives. I bought a few crates for myself and others and got the only ship I wanted........ Nikolai I

Thank you WG team so much for the festivities.

Still had plenty of time over the holidays to spoil my grandson of 3 rotten and enjoy my family time.

[TBW]
Members
6,977 posts
12,911 battles

I can't complain, I went from 1,100 steel to 18,000. Which brings new meaning to the upcoming Ranked season, I need the Stalingrad before WG decides to moth ball her.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
9 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

I thoroughly enjoyed all of the events and completed all the objectives. I bought a few crates for myself and others and got the only ship I wanted........ Nikolai I

Thank you WG team so much for the festivities.

Still had plenty of time over the holidays to spoil my grandson of 3 rotten and enjoy my family time.

LOL You got the Nikolai..........I hate you hehehehehehehehe

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,512 posts
13,739 battles

Congrats on the ships! I have enjoyed this Holiday season as much as the last two. Getting ships and scratching my "gambling" itch as well.

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
323 posts

Good haul and congrats to all who got ships and doubloons ,steel coal and all the fixings this holiday season. I won't complain I got just one ship T6 British destroyer Gallant for free on a box drop. I tried getting another ship or two by buying some gift crates  but RNG just didn't smile upon me . Maybe next year.

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles

LOL Funny how someone will ALWAYS down vote a topic, even if it is a positive one of gratitude towards Wargaming for such a great event. 

[WDS]
Members
1,073 posts
7,734 battles

1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I have to agree a great holiday job by WG !!!! Got lots of free ships , flags , and cameo's thanks again .

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,512 posts
13,739 battles
2 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

Let's not forget the great sale on a year of premium time.

That too! I picked mine up half-price in game for doubloons that I got from crates. Very nice!

[DENY]
Members
45 posts
2,626 battles

Started playing in June, very happy to finally have gotten musashi and krohn with fxp, got jean bart with coal , and got 1 mil ready for alaska. Also managed to get stalingrad with steel. Seeming as I missed Mo before I even started I'm doing okay. 430 days of premium left after the doobloons I got from the Santa crates and getting that premium time. So many ships to play, so little time.

Members
418 posts

Kudos to WG. People damned the loot boxes as gambling, and they are in a sense. BUT, $900 got me nearly every premium ship in the game, including all of the rare ones. Just in ships alone, I got way more than what I spent, and then you can add 10s of 1000s of doubloon plus the camos, flags, etc. The premium flags alone helped me get 3 new T10 ships. plus enough left over to get Alaska.  I'm set up for a lot of fun in the months/years to come so the expenditure is worth it and then some. Then you add in the snowflakes, steel campaign, PEF missions, end of the Cossack missions, and I might need a break. So much to do these past few weeks! 

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
626 posts
1,459 battles
4 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

BUT, $900 got me nearly every premium ship in the game, including all of the rare ones.

Thanks for making the rest of us feel poor.  I spent $25 for a ship and had to explain to the missus.

Members
418 posts
3 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Thanks for making the rest of us feel poor.  I spent $25 for a ship and had to explain to the missus.

I don't have a missus.... just a dog. :-)

It's amazing how much money one can save without a wife or kids. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NGA]
Members
1,515 posts
8,693 battles

I got Stalingrad thanks to all the Steel being given away/offered. And now I'm within striking distance of Bourgogne. Nuff said.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
1 minute ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I don't have a missus.... just a dog.

"Sorry, Fido... Master just spent all his spare money on pixel ships so you will be eating bulk canned food from Walmart this year." :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLFA]
Members
127 posts
6,882 battles

Congrats on your winnings USS Iowa Sailor. Sorry you didn't get the Nikolai YET. I guess @Gary_P reserved it before you could get yours. They probably only give one Nikolai out a year, and Gary_P got it this year! The next fortune cookie you get may just say that Nikolai is waiting for you in a port in your future. Be sure to watch the NoZoupForYou video on the Krons versus Musashi, but disregard his comments about liking pineapple on Pizza.

Members
418 posts
40 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

"Sorry, Fido... Master just spent all his spare money on pixel ships so you will be eating bulk canned food from Walmart this year." :Smile_teethhappy:

Ha!... that dog eats better than I do :-)

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles
9 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Ha!... that dog eats better than I do :-)

WG eat caviar.

Dog eats Walmart bulk canned.

Master eats 25¢ Costco Ramen. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,295 posts
10,477 battles

Event was fantastic. Never thought I would be able earn over 16k steel!