Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gingavitisx

Unlock Taiho Now or Wait?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3
[-TBP-]
Members
11 posts
2,127 battles

So does anyone know the new amount of XP needed for the CV trees? I have enough XP for the Taiho now (granted I'm still trash with current CVs so I won't use it), but is it better to just wait to research the Hakuryu when 0.8.0 comes out? I know in one of the first rework articles it goes into how the changes will work, (13600 [old Zuiho] + 6700 [old Hosho]) - 11000 = 9300 FXP and the Hosho, but how much does that transfer over to the VIII/IX change? I've tried searching and not really sure where to go with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
[NUWES]
Members
1,937 posts
6,372 battles

I would wait. It's a personal thing, but I don't think there is a reason to rush into it with the rework due to go live relatively soon. I would guess you would still have the xp you spent, but I don't see the point in unlocking a ship that is going to disappear for a while fairly soon. You'll barely get to play it. You'll unlock it, play a few, and be right back to Shokaku in a completely new system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,823
[ARGSY]
Members
8,151 posts
5,524 battles

You're going to lose the odd-tier carriers anyway and the XP will transfer back to the Tier 8 ship you already have. I would wait for clarification regarding exactly how the odd-tier carriers are going to be handled, what converts to free XP and what doesn't. If you were on the verge of getting an even-tier CV, I would say do it. But not for an odd-tier, at least not until we know more.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[-TBP-]
Members
11 posts
2,127 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're going to lose the odd-tier carriers anyway and the XP will transfer back to the Tier 8 ship you already have. I would wait for clarification regarding exactly how the odd-tier carriers are going to be handled, what converts to free XP and what doesn't. If you were on the verge of getting an even-tier CV, I would say do it. But not for an odd-tier, at least not until we know more.

 

17 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

I would wait. It's a personal thing, but I don't think there is a reason to rush into it with the rework due to go live relatively soon. I would guess you would still have the xp you spent, but I don't see the point in unlocking a ship that is going to disappear for a while fairly soon. You'll barely get to play it. You'll unlock it, play a few, and be right back to Shokaku in a completely new system. 

Kind of what I was thinking, but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on a hustle.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,687 posts
10,551 battles
25 minutes ago, gingavitisx said:

So does anyone know the new amount of XP needed for the CV trees? I have enough XP for the Taiho now (granted I'm still trash with current CVs so I won't use it), but is it better to just wait to research the Hakuryu when 0.8.0 comes out? I know in one of the first rework articles it goes into how the changes will work, (13600 [old Zuiho] + 6700 [old Hosho]) - 11000 = 9300 FXP and the Hosho, but how much does that transfer over to the VIII/IX change? I've tried searching and not really sure where to go with it.

From what I've read, the XP to go from Shokaku to to Hakuryu  after 0.8.0 will be less than the total to go from the Shokuku to the Taiho to the Hakuryu as it is live right now, but obviously more than the jump between the Shokaku to the Taiho..

After 0.8.0 the grind from the Shokaku to the Hakuryu will be done at tier 8 XP earning rates, instead of over half the total being done at tier 9 rates by the Taiho. That grind is probably going to feel a little longer than the XP will make it out to be.

If you get the Taiho now, you'll be refunded for it XP and credit wise when 0.8.0 hits, and anything it earns will be going towards the Hakuryu anyway.

If you don't spend Doubloons for a captain or something, no reason not to get it, and at least run it and the Shokaku in co-op to get the daily win bonus to XP and shorten the grind to the Hakuryu. I'm in the same boat with the Essex, but I already have the ship, so I'm just chipping away on the Midway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
312
[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,838 posts
4,849 battles

The number must NOT include any free EXP for you to have any benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,333 battles
33 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Buy it now for the 200 steel, other than that there is no point.

Tech tree T9=50 steel

Tech tree T10 = 100 steel

Only Premiums T8-10 get 200 steel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,687 posts
10,551 battles
16 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Tech tree T9=50 steel

Tech tree T10 = 100 steel

Only Premiums T8-10 get 200 steel

it's still 50 steel (500 coal for most people) that you're gonna get back at least what you paid for it as long as you don't spend doubloons or a bunch of Free XP on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,162 battles

this depends on if your good at cv or not, if your sub 50 percent wr with garbage damage, do us all a favour and sell them all

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,843
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles
42 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Tech tree T9=50 steel

Tech tree T10 = 100 steel

Only Premiums T8-10 get 200 steel

Whatever, it's steel. The specific amount is irrelevant.

 

25 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

it's still 50 steel (500 coal for most people) that you're gonna get back at least what you paid for it as long as you don't spend doubloons or a bunch of Free XP on it. 

You can get the FXP back actually so no reason not to spend it. I drop'd like 800k to get the t9 & 10 CVs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,687 posts
10,551 battles

Actually, if I read this right https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

You really want to get the tier 9, you should get a good chunk of XP on the Shokaku converted to free XP for free out of it when the conversion happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,333 battles
24 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Whatever, it's steel. The specific amount is irrelevant.

Whatever; it was misinformation, the specific amount of that is irrelevant, too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,352
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,597 posts
20,183 battles

You lose nothing if you get your T9 now.

Any credits will be refund and the XP transfered to the T8 CV.

Usually you get some extra from WG if you have boats that will be changed after a patch. 

I expect more informations tomorrow since 8.0 is just a week away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,171 posts

I strongly suggest waiting until the 8.0 patch notes come out. There's still a chance the CV rework might get delayed or even cancelled outright due to the overwhelmingly negative feedback. It happened before in WoT when they tried to release Rubicon, so who knows. But that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[KUK-M]
Members
14 posts
15,011 battles

Unlock Taiho and research all the modules.   There is a good chance to get fxp for modules of odd tier cv.  If you are good at it then play random and if not play coop.  Even at coop, Taiho can make 100k dmg easy.   Even in case no fxp conversoon,  xp will be transferred to even tier so nothing to lose.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,352
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,597 posts
20,183 battles
1 hour ago, Wolcott said:

I strongly suggest waiting until the 8.0 patch notes come out. There's still a chance the CV rework might get delayed or even cancelled outright due to the overwhelmingly negative feedback. It happened before in WoT when they tried to release Rubicon, so who knows. But that's just me.

Nope, the rework will come with 8.0 anyway. If not, WG need to scrap the patch, delay the next ranked season, the new directives plus Chinese New Year reward container.

Sorry, the 23rd will bring this all, it's written in stone. WG already said that they balance through more patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,705 posts

You will only "come out ahead" relatively speaking with even number CVs as they will be more expensive XP wise to unlock.  I am also going to guess that modules are going to be a lot more expensive XP wise as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×