You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

44 comments in this topic

[CDNUS]
Members
23 posts
9,843 battles

The PEF is so bad I am sorry I wasted so much time on it.

I am happy I didn't Waste Money on it this ship Sucks Big Time.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[HINON]
Members
10,105 posts

I've found her to be workable, an average ship but not terrible. You do have to play a bit different from other bbs at T6 due to the small guns with low pen though.

sVQvzaR.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,826 posts

I did waste spend money on it -- twice as a matter of fact.

I think back on all the pain and suffering folks went through to get the Mikasa.

This is much better though.  In the other account, I bought it on day 1 and worked through all three sets of activities.

In this one, I waited until the 4th directive hit and after I did the US 4M.  Tough choice, but I wanted to wait until the last minute.

I'm 2.7M in on the 4M directive, 6.8K in on the 8K second mission, and 1.6M credits in on the first Co-Op cycle of the campaign for the Icarus.

I see the PEF like the Kongo at tier 6.  The guns are about useless, and it's a big XP piñata.  I won't subject a Random team to it..  I'll stay in Co-Op and scenarios.

Always wear Ramming flags - and take that opportunity whenever it presents itself.  Trying to gun down another battleship is like beating a horse with a wet noodle.

• Cool 1

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,072 battles

I swear, to some in the base, if it isn't OP, it's not any good. Lord forbid we actually need individual skill these days. I raised hell in ranked with PEF, against teams with predominately 3-4 BBs a side.

If you're playing her like a battleship, you're doing it wrong. PEF is a true battlecruiser and needs to be played more like an AP slinging cruiser than like a BB.

• Cool 6

[NDA]
Supertester
5,069 posts
14,866 battles

I don't think the P.E.F. is a bad ship it just isn't a good ship. In fact I wouldn't even care that WG gave us an expensive port slot but for the stupid grindy P.E.F steel mission. I'm about 2+ million credits from finishing that mission and most of the disgust I've developed for the P.E.F is from having to play so many games in this under whelming piece of ship. The guns are inaccurate but sometime they do the silliest thing, like citadeling a Bismarck or missing a broadside cruisers at 6.5km. 

[5IN]
Members
77 posts
15,519 battles

BTW.... “Pef” is the sound the shells make when they hit a target. 

• Funny 1

Members
88 posts
5,012 battles
13 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I swear, to some in the base, if it isn't OP, it's not any good. Lord forbid we actually need individual skill these days. I raised hell in ranked with PEF, against teams with predominately 3-4 BBs a side.

If you're playing her like a battleship, you're doing it wrong. PEF is a true battlecruiser and needs to be played more like an AP slinging cruiser than like a BB.

Then why does it have 8 main battery guns with a 28s reload? Playing "like an AP slinging cruiser" includes being able to exploit brief enemy positioning mistakes with more than one reload worth of shots. If the enemy shows broadside for a bit over 20s, I can heavily punish that with a Scharnhorst or Kronshtadt. Not being able to fire twice in 20s makes P.E.F. not really feel like a cruiser.

Also, it's slower than fast battleships in its tier spread, so it can't keep up with cruisers on speed, either.

Maybe for a few seconds at a time when the stars align it can feel like a cruiser when double clicking to fire all barrels at an enemy who happens to make a mistake in front of it. But most of the time it feels like it is a collection of all the suboptimal parts from battleships at its tier or lower slapped together.

Honestly, I fell like it wouldn't even be considered top of the range at tier 5 if you just made it a tier 5 without changing anything. It would be above average for a tier 5, but I think some of the existing tier 5s would still have more impact than it.

[CK5]
Members
878 posts
7,669 battles

The PEF is not garbage, but it makes you work very hard for damage.  At the end of the day, the PEF just isn't much fun to play.  As soon as the event is over, a lot of PEFs will become port queens as there isn't much incentive to play them. 

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
891 posts

Finished the 24 million grind 2 days ago.  Glad I did not pay for the PEF with real money - just blood, sweat, toil and tears.

While I would rather just about any other Tier VI premium BB, the PEF does bow tank pretty well - I kept a Massachusetts busy for the majority of a match while my team flanked her.  While I did not survive the match, neither did the Mass and one of their cruisers in the area for a win.

The real problem is the rudder shift and turning radius, it is for this reason I am leaving the steel mission to last - if I don't get it, oh well - at least I did not have to play PEF any longer than absolutely necessary.

I equate PEF to the Bayern guns combined with an Iowa like hull (at tier VI).  Like most other ship in game, never give your broadside to anyone and pray that CV does not focus you.

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
323 posts
9 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The PEF is not garbage, but it makes you work very hard for damage.  At the end of the day, the PEF just isn't much fun to play.  As soon as the event is over, a lot of PEFs will become port queens as there isn't much incentive to play them. 

Yeah it's not a bad ship when you use it on the targets it's good at killing . Crusier are great targets for her. Too bad there arent battlecrusier lines in the game . The addition of the lines would open up new options and additions to teams . Anyway  setting up the dry dock already . She's gonna be there a while .

[INTEL]
Members
6,894 posts
27,643 battles

Not a bad ship at all, as long as you play it to its strengths.

If you were expecting an OP BB, this isn't it, but it is playable.

[90THD]
Supertester
1,194 posts
6,583 battles

To me posts like this show that a lot of people have become the infamous 'wallet warriors'.  They buy a ship thinking it will give them an advantage over other players when in reality the Premium ships are not as OP as some people would like to think they are.  They are premiums because they hold some uniqueness or historical significance.  This is why we see so many High tier premiums being played horribly by inexperienced players.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[TBW]
Members
6,968 posts
12,900 battles

The secondaries on her are hilariously fun and very accurate. She does quite well in Ranked battles and is the superior BB for Operation Raptor Rescue.

shot-19_01.09_14_25.56-0117.thumb.jpg.2357a545b8d72d4db8ed7fd473dd8f8a.jpg

shot-19_01.09_14_26.03-0797.thumb.jpg.fca2f4811c9b14d99b0ad5d25d9c77a9.jpg

For any one who reads this  thread just remember, believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

[WDS]
Members
1,055 posts
7,726 battles
7 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

To me posts like this show that a lot of people have become the infamous 'wallet warriors'.  They buy a ship thinking it will give them an advantage over other players when in reality the Premium ships are not as OP as some people would like to think they are.  They are premiums because they hold some uniqueness or historical significance.  This is why we see so many High tier premiums being played horribly by inexperienced players.

But the Op said he's happy he didn't waste money on it so he's not a so called wallet warrior he didn't buy it  . He seemed upset he spent so much time grinding for it . Seems like a tough grind to get her for free .

[90THD]
Supertester
1,194 posts
6,583 battles
2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

But the Op said he's happy he didn't waste money on it so he's not a so called wallet warrior he didn't buy it  . He seemed upset he spent so much time grinding for it . Seems like a tough grind to get her for free .

It is a very tough grind but doable.  As for him saying he got it free, I wasn't necessarily speaking of him.  There have been lots of posts about people upset that they bought the ship and complained because they either didn't read the reviews or haven't learned how to play it.  Its just like other Premiums that actually perform well when you learn them but people complain about them because they're not all powerful.

[TBW]
Members
6,968 posts
12,900 battles
13 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

To me posts like this show that a lot of people have become the infamous 'wallet warriors'.

I have just about every premium ship you can buy and at no time did I ever think that premium ships are better ships. I do like the PEF a lot, then again I like Huanghe.

• Cool 1

[90THD]
Supertester
1,194 posts
6,583 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have just about every premium ship you can buy and at no time did I ever think that premium ships are better ships. I do like the PEF a lot, then again I like Huanghe.

Same here, but there are those who buy them for the 'advantage' they think they would get for them.

[TBW]
Members
6,968 posts
12,900 battles
7 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

Same here, but there are those who buy them for the 'advantage' they think they would get for them.

For those people, I hope they know I have an old Commodore SX 64 for sale it's the best gaming computer there is, and it's portable.

320px-Sx-64_build_crop.jpg.84c39e790a887ab621c23b13550b5deb.jpg

Just $2000 used.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
431 posts
5,241 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

I've found her to be workable, an average ship but not terrible. You do have to play a bit different from other bbs at T6 due to the small guns with low pen though.

sVQvzaR.jpg

[edited]..... thats alot of work(200K dmg)  for only 1M in credits.  

[O_S_D]
Members
48 posts
10,876 battles

I put my 19 point cruiser commander in it who is specialized for AA (AFT, BFT, & Manual AA) as tier 6 is full of cv's. (PEF also is set up for AA).

This way I actually have a very good AA ship at tier 6 and so far I have gotten 1 'King of the Air" medal. I find that at tier 6 I usually have about a 75% chance of a cv battle.

Play it as an AA Battlecruiser and it is a blast to play, just hope for a cv battle. (also has decent secondaries as I have AFT & BFT).

Play it to it's strengths (AA) and you will find it is a very good ship. No idea though how it will fare after the cv rework goes live.

• Cool 2

[WDS]
Members
1,055 posts
7,726 battles
4 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

It is a very tough grind but doable.  As for him saying he got it free, I wasn't necessarily speaking of him.  There have been lots of posts about people upset that they bought the ship and complained because they either didn't read the reviews or haven't learned how to play it.  Its just like other Premiums that actually perform well when you learn them but people complain about them because they're not all powerful.

I understand and it is a very hard grind as a matter of fact I don't think I'm going to get it done . I really didn't try I just played my games but I don't think I'm close . I have to say though that some premiums I got for money were great like Massachusetts , Scharnhorst  and the Musashi for free XP were excellent premiums . I don't know about PEF everyone's opinion  is different .

[90THD]
Supertester
1,194 posts
6,583 battles
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I understand and it is a very hard grind as a matter of fact I don't think I'm going to get it done . I really didn't try I just played my games but I don't think I'm close . I have to say though that some premiums I got for money were great like Massachusetts , Scharnhorst  and the Musashi for free XP were excellent premiums . I don't know about PEF everyone's opinion  is different .

The PEF is a challenge, I bought it because I like its history and I like a challenge but it does have a huge learning curve for me thats for sure.  But I've had some decent games in it for me anyway.  I think I've averaged about 90k in it at times but it is definitely a ship you have to play differently than any other BB

[WDS]
Members
1,055 posts
7,726 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

The PEF is a challenge, I bought it because I like its history and I like a challenge but it does have a huge learning curve for me thats for sure.  But I've had some decent games in it for me anyway.  I think I've averaged about 90k in it at times but it is definitely a ship you have to play differently than any other BB

Hey that's great I also see you are a Navy vet and live in VA my daughter is a freshman at James Madison . I am going down to visit next month I would like to see some ships or bases can you recommend any were and thanks for your service .

[90THD]
Supertester
1,194 posts
6,583 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

Hey that's great I also see you are a Navy vet and live in VA my daughter is a freshman at James Madison . I am going down to visit next month I would like to see some ships or bases can you recommend any were and thanks for your service .

Go to Norfolk, you can get a tour of the Wisconsin down there at the Naval Museum.  Great Iowa Class BB