Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

What class next?

Which class should I go for next!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Next Class of ship?

• Cruisers
    • Destroyers

6 comments in this topic

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
463 posts

I completed a person achievement of mine last night. I unlocked the only tier 10 battleship I didnt already own, and then bought it. I now own every current tier 10 battleship in the game. I am now wondering what I should go for next.

I have decided to leave it up to the forums! Probably a mistake, but I figured it would be fun to see opinions!

I refuse to play carriers, as whenever I do, I play horribly and make the team lose. I might play them at a later date, but not right now. So, the choice is Cruisers or Destroyers.

I like both, and know they have much different play styles.

Also, as for nations, which ones would be good to start for each class?

Ive already unlocked the Minotaur, so British cruisers are done until they release the heavy cruiser lines.

Anyway, opinions? Advice?

[WOLF5]
Members
619 posts
22,138 battles

BBs are the easiest class of ship to play. With only 1500ish games and going up every line of BBs I've got doubts that you have mastered them. I'd encourage you to understand the nuances of how to play BBs at high tiers so you can understand why a BB is doing what they're doing. Once you know that, you'll find that progressing to a CL/CA or DD much easier since those classes key off of where BBs position.  

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles

BB, cruisers, destroyers, and carriers are NOT classes of ships.  They're TYPES of ships.  Ship classes are a group of ships built to a common design, such as the Iowa class battleship.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
334 posts
8,378 battles

IJN DD main line.

You will hate it but it will teach you how to abuse two big strengths of DDs, torps, and stealth. It will also teach you the importance of staying near your team for support, effective scouting, proper positioning, and objective control.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,078 posts
9,510 battles

Again, what are you looking to do with your CA and DD ?

I can easily recommend you to grind Zao for CA but if you don't like the sneaky AP blap and HE spam and prefer nervous action, then Henri will be a better choice.

I can also recommend main IJN DD line but if you prefer using your guns, then every other DD line will be better.

As I said, for cruiser I recommend you Zao and for DD I would recommend the US line. You have good guns and good torps so it's good against pretty much everything.

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
463 posts
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Again, what are you looking to do with your CA and DD ?

I can easily recommend you to grind Zao for CA but if you don't like the sneaky AP blap and HE spam and prefer nervous action, then Henri will be a better choice.

I can also recommend main IJN DD line but if you prefer using your guns, then every other DD line will be better.

As I said, for cruiser I recommend you Zao and for DD I would recommend the US line. You have good guns and good torps so it's good against pretty much everything.

I was thinking about both of those actually...Ive heard that the US DD's were pretty good, I think ill go for them and the British ones.

Sign in to follow this