You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TornadoADV

I Love the Warspite

24 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,398 posts

It's results like these that make me fall in love with the Warspite over and over again. Highly agile, accurate and able to overmatch to get to sweet, sweet juicy citadels? Yes please!

309914660_WorldOfWarships2019-01-1501-26-07-20.thumb.jpg.4ad3b0c66c843a77c5f732602352c860.jpg

Edit : Almost forgot the most important part.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[BROOK]
2,398 posts
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Well it is one of the best BB at that tier. Nevertheless that is a fantastic result, congrats! :Smile_honoring:

Who knew that a BB that can move and shoot straight is good. :cap_like:

[FAE]
Members
2,312 posts
2,885 battles

270k???? what battle type is this??

[USCC2]
Members
4,420 posts
Just now, TornadoADV said:

Who knew that a BB that can move and shoot straight is good. :cap_like:

Lol - still, you had one great game there!

[RLGN]
Members
9,408 posts
18,821 battles
28 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Op.

Raptor must be up this week.

Members
487 posts

@TornadoADV I got my Warspite during the Royal Navy Event last year, and I can tell you that it was worth that grind to 220 Sovereigns. It may be slow, but its guns are dead aim accurate, and I can't get enough of the ship! It became my favourite premium ship taking the crown away from my Monaghan. I still long to own a Mutsu just to try out the torpedoes, but Warspite will remain my favourite simply because she has the power to punish other Tier 6 Battleships. I took out a Mutsu with a full broadside from my Warspite shortly after I got the vessel. Warspite is a favourite in my clan simply because she is such a fantastic ship. I'll take her over Guilo Cesare any day!  

Edited by CaptainKiwi_2016
Missing letter

[_-_]
Members
1,577 posts

Yeah, Warspite is a jewel. My Conq captain got all of his 19 points in the Warspite and had fun doing it.

Members
487 posts
15 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Yeah, Warspite is a jewel. My Conq captain got all of his 19 points in the Warspite and had fun doing it.

I don't want to get manual secondaries for my Warspite because one of her gimmicks is that her 6" secondary guns act as an early warning system that lets you  know that something is trying to sneak up on you. 

[BROOK]
2,398 posts
33 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

@TornadoADV I got my Warspite during the Royal Navy Event last year, and I can tell you that it was worth that grind to 220 Sovereigns. It may be slow, but its guns are dead aim accurate, and I can't get enough of the ship! It became my favourite premium ship taking the crown away from my Monaghan. I still long to own a Mutsu just to try out the torpedoes, but Warspite will remain my favourite simply because she has the power to punish other Tier 6 Battleships. I took out a Mutsu with a full broadside from my Warspite shortly after I got the vessel. Warspite is a favourite in my clan simply because she is such a fantastic ship. I'll take her over Guilo Cesare any day!  

I've had her since the Open Beta days, she was quite the head turner back then before she vanished after the Beta finished and the game went live. She's a relic of an age of the game that I frankly miss as far as BBs go. :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
1,577 posts
10 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

I don't want to get manual secondaries for my Warspite because one of her gimmicks is that her 6" secondary guns act as an early warning system that lets you  know that something is trying to sneak up on you. 

Good point. I don't use MS on her either, opting for CE and FP.

• Cool 1

Members
283 posts
2,405 battles
2 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

I've had her since the Open Beta days, she was quite the head turner back then before she vanished after the Beta finished and the game went live. She's a relic of an age of the game that I frankly miss as far as BBs go. :fish_cute_2:

I thought Warspite was always unique among battleships for her accuracy, turning radius, and survivability? Did the old BB meta used to resemble Warspite more?

Members
487 posts
8 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Good point. I don't use MS on her either, opting for CE and FP.

Those secondaries have saved my life on many occasions. And to be honest, they have taken out their fair share of surface ships on their own. 

Members
487 posts
5 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I wish I could get anything close to 14 cits in one game...

I was quite surprised when all my Warspite shells flattened that Mutsu. I thought the Nagatos were heavily armoured ships. 

Members
3,981 posts
6,704 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

I was quite surprised when all my Warspite shells flattened that Mutsu. I thought the Nagatos were heavily armoured ships. 

They are but there area  couple places where they are weak just like the Yammy.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,347 posts
15,832 battles

Warspite has always been one of the best Tier VI BBs.  And she is very old too, 2015 Premium Ship.  Not only that, the first Tier VI Premium BB.

Every time Tier VI Ranked comes around, she always turns in a good performance in the server.

For fun:  Tier VI Warspite's 381mm AP is better than Tier VII Hood's 381mm AP.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,347 posts
15,832 battles
17 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

And she does better than Mutsu with her 16" guns and torpedoes, and West Virginia too? 

The reason why Warspite is better than Mutsu in terms of gunnery, is because Warspite is accurate.  Mutsu does not have Tier VII Nagato's accuracy nor powerful Type 91 AP shells.  Mutsu is also very squishy.

Warspite has more accurate guns than WeeVee.  WV's 406mm AP is leagues more powerful.  If she can hit, she will maul the other BBs well.  But she has worse accuracy than VII Colorado.

In Tier VI Ranked before this VI Sprint, I was using Cruisers and Warspite was a terrifying BB because of her accuracy.  Another dangerous factor with Warspite against Cruisers and why she gets more Citadels against them instead of Overpens?  It's because of how high up the shells arc.  Warspite's floaty shells for a new user are annoying to hit targets at range with.  But eventually people figure them out and use that accuracy to good effect, and those arcing shells crash into Cruiser Citadels quite often.

While WeeVee's 406mm guns are powerful, Overmatching Tier VI BB peer armor, has massive AP Pen capability, Warspite's 381mm guns are still big enough to Overmatch WeeVee in return, and she has what WeeVee doesn't have:  Accuracy.

If Warspites can reliably crush smaller, nimbler Cruisers at range, hitting a BB is easy.

IlygjrH.jpg

Yes.

Warspite's 381mm AP is better than Mutsu's 410mm AP.

Warspite also has 2.0 Sigma compared to the 1.8 of WV'41, Mutsu, and Arizona.  Meanwhile New Mexico has 1.5 Sigma.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Members
487 posts
25 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The reason why Warspite is better than Mutsu in terms of gunnery, is because Warspite is accurate.  Mutsu does not have Tier VII Nagato's accuracy nor powerful Type 91 AP shells.  Mutsu is also very squishy.

Warspite has more accurate guns than WeeVee.  WV's 406mm AP is leagues more powerful.  If she can hit, she will maul the other BBs well.  But she has worse accuracy than VII Colorado.

In Tier VI Ranked before this VI Sprint, I was using Cruisers and Warspite was a terrifying BB because of her accuracy.  Another dangerous factor with Warspite against Cruisers and why she gets more Citadels against them instead of Overpens?  It's because of how high up the shells arc.  Warspite's floaty shells for a new user are annoying to hit targets at range with.  But eventually people figure them out and use that accuracy to good effect, and those arcing shells crash into Cruiser Citadels quite often.

While WeeVee's 406mm guns are powerful, Overmatching Tier VI BB peer armor, has massive AP Pen capability, Warspite's 381mm guns are still big enough to Overmatch WeeVee in return, and she has what WeeVee doesn't have:  Accuracy.

If Warspites can reliably crush smaller, nimbler Cruisers at range, hitting a BB is easy.

IlygjrH.jpg

Yes.

Warspite's 381mm AP is better than Mutsu's 410mm AP.

Warspite also has 2.0 Sigma compared to the 1.8 of WV'41, Mutsu, and Arizona.  Meanwhile New Mexico has 1.5 Sigma.

Make's perfect sense to me. And for Mutsu to fire torpedoes she needs to be broadside. That exposes her citadel and such. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
948 posts
4,442 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

It doesn't even work that well at tier 6, does it?  15% not the 60% that higher tiers get.

I like using my secondaries for early warning as well.  It would be nice if manual secondaries worked both ways.  Normal secondaries until you choose a target then you get the accuracy boost.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
424 posts
4,267 battles
4 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Raptor.

Alpha Tester
5,501 posts
2,625 battles

The Grand Old Lady is my go-to for the Raptor operation because I know I can take charge in her and essentially put the team on my back.

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
2,398 posts
10 hours ago, yungpanda said:

I thought Warspite was always unique among battleships for her accuracy, turning radius, and survivability? Did the old BB meta used to resemble Warspite more?

Yes, this was after the days of a buoyancy mechanic, but when DDs still had citadels.