You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Dam this game, made me uninstall it again

16 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
362 posts
1,432 battles

Like the 3rd time I've rage quit out and removed this game... Just so many dam frustrating games that make me head butt my keyboard in annoyance. Any other game like War Thunder or whatever I don't get peeved at losing streaks but this game seems to hammer home losses..  I had a spare hour and after a miserable couple of days with appalling luck (sub 35% WR) I decided to give it one more go in my favourite boat, the Benson, 'best of 5' I thought. Well despite the positive approach it didn't help, 5 straight losses, I tried to start each game with a new attitude like I had just won 10 straight but each time I watched my team fall apart and collapse. See my torps sail into a clustered group of enemy BB's and watch them all miss..

I spent a hour or 2 yesterday playing Coop but the bots are kinda dull and predictable, every game the human side won easily and the XP/$ rewards are barely worth it.

Not sure what it is about WoWs, even when I played WoT years ago and had awful runs I never cared, this game just has some physiological conditioning that seems to make me rage when I lose 6 games in a row, and instead of walking away its like the gambling mindset, it makes me want to keep playing in the vain that my luck is bound to improve.

Au revoir..

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[WOLF4]
Members
1,320 posts
2,856 battles
7 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Like the 3rd time I've rage quit out and removed this game...

See you for round 4 soon eh?

• Funny 4

[-BRS-]
Members
977 posts
29,197 battles

I feel ya!  When you go on those big losing streaks you notice that the teams you get put on are well.....how can I say this politely…..really lacking in knowing what to do.  It just seems like MM sets you up for massive losing/winning streaks, I don't know if it is on purpose, but I know it is one of the things that make me question the effort and money I put into this game.  

What empresses me the most are the unicum players that have the skill to win even with a turd team, I envy them.

As for me I have not rage quit (yet), but I see the writing on the wall.  If something comes along that looks even remotely fun I will probably get in to it and my WoWS account will just go dormant.

Sort of sad really, this could be a life time of fun game, but who knows.

[NGA]
Members
1,500 posts
8,693 battles

Insert snark about a computer game being able to physically force a human to perform a task.

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
758 posts
7,344 battles
29 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

... and instead of walking away its like the gambling mindset, it makes me want to keep playing in the vain that my luck is bound to improve.

Apparently their buffed mind control consumable is working as planned ... I've "heard" they increase the dose every time we uninstall.

Good luck kicking the habit, mate. :cap_wander:

• Bad 1

[B_Y_F]
Members
90 posts
7,500 battles
31 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

See you for round 4 soon eh?

you are probably one of the "fall apart" teammate made this poor guy quit :cap_hmm:

[WORX]
Members
2,558 posts
13,909 battles

Don worry big guy, we will be here, see you again for round 4.

Take a break...

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,574 battles

I have the perfect solution!  Make Co-op games reward the same level of XP and credits!!  Woot!!!!

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
814 posts
9,845 battles

Do what I do and make losing matches sort of a mini-game where you try to be top of the losers in team score.

And then after sinking I do personal commentary on the remaining potatoes going full spud to their defeat.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,944 posts
7,281 battles
56 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Like the 3rd time I've rage quit out and removed this game... Just so many dam frustrating games that make me head butt my keyboard in annoyance. Any other game like War Thunder or whatever I don't get peeved at losing streaks but this game seems to hammer home losses..  I had a spare hour and after a miserable couple of days with appalling luck (sub 35% WR) I decided to give it one more go in my favourite boat, the Benson, 'best of 5' I thought. Well despite the positive approach it didn't help, 5 straight losses, I tried to start each game with a new attitude like I had just won 10 straight but each time I watched my team fall apart and collapse. See my torps sail into a clustered group of enemy BB's and watch them all miss..

I spent a hour or 2 yesterday playing Coop but the bots are kinda dull and predictable, every game the human side won easily and the XP/$ rewards are barely worth it.

Not sure what it is about WoWs, even when I played WoT years ago and had awful runs I never cared, this game just has some physiological conditioning that seems to make me rage when I lose 6 games in a row, and instead of walking away its like the gambling mindset, it makes me want to keep playing in the vain that my luck is bound to improve.

Au revoir..

Take a break. Why play something you don't enjoy.

But uninstalling is a bit harsh. Haven't you learned by now that you just might re-install again? :)

[HEROS]
Members
1,498 posts
12,737 battles

Stop uninstalling.. it just means it takes that much longer to re-install.

It may prig ya off but the game  is always a challenge, always a puzzle to be solved.. and will always be subject to the vicious variables of multiplayer at some level or another.   

Alpha Tester
5,499 posts
2,625 battles

Meanwhile, I went ahead and got 2 Krakens today in ships I won in Santa Crates. Everyone has their days, man.

[PT]
Members
362 posts
1,432 battles
33 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

I have the perfect solution!  Make Co-op games reward the same level of XP and credits!!  Woot!!!!

:cap_haloween:

That would be good, as it seems just as many play coop as pvp, the games always start in 5 secs compared to 30 (I know it's only one side to fill). 

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,320 posts
2,856 battles
2 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

That would be good, as it seems just as many play coop as pvp, the games always start in 5 secs compared to 30 (I know it's only one side to fill). 

You remind me of blasto. Gone one second and here the next.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,062 posts
7,669 battles
1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

Au revoir..

Just take a break. Actually, might could cut your breaker number down from 5 to 3. If your still wanting to play, try the operations if the Co-op isn't giving you relief. If not that, go watch television, do something constructive (honey do's usually build my hubby credits lol)  It's supposed to be fun in the end. I would wager WG would rather you have a positive experience than a negative one.

Good luck in future gaming. 

[GOFU]
Members
843 posts

Many more humans in coop now at every time of the day so its a competition even more.

Its taken sometime but i dont really care that much anymore about win/loss, im more interested in playing ships i enjoy.

Still have my moments, lets see what the CV rework brings.