You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HazMatKat

Performing in-game purchases w/o CC - HELP!

7 comments in this topic

[2GOOD]
Members
9 posts
1,223 battles

New to the game since last November, I'm enjoying the game enough to where I'm comfortable dropping about a $100 on a premium ship, doubloons and premium time.

Thinking of going with the Tirpitz as you get a good chunk of change back with the Tirpitz Gold assignment.

Problem I'm having is....I want to avoid using my debit card online, but I have not been able to find WOW gift cards or WG gift cards here in any stores in our area.

Not too keen on steam or bitcoin type stuff.

How are folks getting around this issue?

Thanks in advance 

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,162 battles

link your cc with paypal, and use that, this way it offers you protection and you can use it for other online purchases

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
11 minutes ago, HazMatKat said:

New to the game since last November, I'm enjoying the game enough to where I'm comfortable dropping about a $100 on a premium ship, doubloons and premium time.

Thinking of going with the Tirpitz as you get a good chunk of change back with the Tirpitz Gold assignment.

Problem I'm having is....I want to avoid using my debit card online, but I have not been able to find WOW gift cards or WG gift cards here in any stores in our area.

Not too keen on steam or bitcoin type stuff.

How are folks getting around this issue?

Thanks in advance 

9 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

link your cc with paypal, and use that, this way it offers you protection and you can use it for other online purchases

This^^

or use Karma Koin. You can buy them in stores or online, but some of the big WoWs bundles won't take Karma Koin or other gift cards.

http://karmakoin.com/

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,148 posts
10,071 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

This. I have been doing that for 7 years now with WG products, never had an issue except when I login to paypal and see just how many purchases I have made lol sooo many little charges for Xmas crates.

[2GOOD]
Members
9 posts
1,223 battles
On 1/15/2019 at 12:07 AM, khorender_1 said:

I use a prepaid CC myself, my credit union makes it a hassle to use theirs.

Which prepaid credit card are you using? Like a master card purchased at Walmart?

Tried the debit card linked to PayPal route last weekend and the transaction wouldn't go thru, even if I tried to pur have the WoW gift card.

Members
851 posts
5,263 battles
2 hours ago, HazMatKat said:

Which prepaid credit card are you using? Like a master card purchased at Walmart?

Tried the debit card linked to PayPal route last weekend and the transaction wouldn't go thru, even if I tried to pur have the WoW gift card.

It's a myvanillacard, believe that's where my wife got it before we quit shopping at Walmart.

• Cool 1