You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Murmansk is best T5 cruiser

30 comments in this topic

[SPV]
Members
156 posts
3,704 battles

God but they're bloody fun. Nothing like futzing around in it after getting my head knocked around in the T8-T10 matches.

MURSK.PNG

mursk2.PNG

• Boring 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,980 posts
4,867 battles

Soon Exeter will be best tier 5 cruiser. Fite me.:Smile_izmena:

Members
1,140 posts
6,429 battles

At one time, it was a lot better...when the guns had more range with captain skills. Now, The Furry Taco is far better than Murmansk IMHO.

• Cool 1

[SPV]
Members
156 posts
3,704 battles
1 minute ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

At one time, it was a lot better...when the guns had more range with captain skills. Now, The Furry Taco is far better than Murmansk IMHO.

That's me. Always showing up late to the party to find all the good chip dip eaten and replaced with canned refried beans.

[WOLFC]
Members
767 posts
7,357 battles

First, Congrats on a very good game!

It was my first premium ... and was a blast to play at one time (back around Season 2 Ranked until the AFT nerf).

But it has, as mentioned, been "power-crept" ... is that a word?  I still play it occasionally, but you have to really watch your positioning, especially against higher tiers.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,952 posts
7,285 battles
28 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Furry Taco is bestbote.

Seconded

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,069 posts
5,480 battles
20 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Murmansk is Omaha with better torps.

I guess it depends on the fighting you're doing. IIRC Omaha still has the longest-ranged guns of the bunch, which can be important when you are uptiered, but I have torped enough ships in the Omaha to know that good metal fish are a good thing to have. I did not fit the C hull, as I preferred to keep two sets of torps on each side.

• Cool 1

Members
425 posts
6,467 battles
3 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

I raise you with Marblehead :cap_cool:

shot-18_04.22_17_50.32-0210.thumb.jpg.9c734ae05f6861af705cff0190c526b2.jpg

shot-18_04.22_18_13.15-0137.thumb.jpg.4245e56940baa3e313937775bbbfc245.jpg

I have a 136K damage 6 kill loss in omaha, that ship was so painful to play

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles

I love smashing Murmansk/Marblehead/Omaha/Furitaka's in my Kirov. Her rail guns are sick and will make short work of most cruisers caught broadside. 

Members
20,801 posts
5,614 battles
51 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I love smashing Murmansk/Marblehead/Omaha/Furitaka's in my Kirov. Her rail guns are sick and will make short work of most cruisers caught broadside. 

I'm kind of meh about Kirov. For me, the extra effectiveness of them vs. 6" guns isn't enough to offset the rate of fire.

IOW, they have an 8" ROF, in return for a 6"(+) danage.

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I'm kind of meh about Kirov. For me, the extra effectiveness of them vs. 6" guns isn't enough to offset the rate of fire.

IOW, they have an 8" ROF, in return for a 6"(+) danage.

She is just one of those ships that fits my play style. I can take more than half an Omaha's health in a single salvo. From a stylistic sense, the Kirov is also a beautiful ship. You might as well look good when crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of the women.

[YARRR]
Members
593 posts
4,879 battles

The Murmansk used to be my number one credit printer, now she sits in port, neglected and rusting, as she just isn't what she used to be.

Members
40 posts
3,329 battles

MM was the only premium ship I bought in the game. Even before it was nerfed my feeling toward the boat was kind of "meh"...Like others said, the 203 on the Furutaka, wow....

Members
20,801 posts
5,614 battles
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

She is just one of those ships that fits my play style. I can take more than half an Omaha's health in a single salvo. From a stylistic sense, the Kirov is also a beautiful ship. You might as well look good when crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of the women.

I prefer my enemies behind me, choking on last night's Taco Bell, as I laugh at their feeble attempts to hit me.

KBerg for life!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles

zr36SPL.png

Duh...

Take an Omaha, give it 50% more AP pen and only 2/3 the rudder shift time to improve the handling. Make basically no other changes other than some torpedo tweaks and cut a mighty 0.4km of range and voila.

The OG Russian bias example in the game.

Members
933 posts
2,399 battles
54 minutes ago, mofton said:

zr36SPL.png

Duh...

Take an Omaha, give it 50% more AP pen and only 2/3 the rudder shift time to improve the handling. Make basically no other changes other than some torpedo tweaks and cut a mighty 0.4km of range and voila.

The OG Russian bias example in the game.

It is the power of comrade cockroach at work comrade. All of those little bugs pushing her to limits the capitalist pigs Americans could only dream of.

Also did you know how the murmunsk was the inspiration for the show Joe's apartment? No? Of course not comrade only the Russians know this.