Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jeffreywalker74656

USS Wichita now going to be promo ?

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,721
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

well that's dumb, usually WG likes money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,721
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

Promotion.  Usually that means give aways for something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,769
-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Howdy folks, please bear in mind until a ship has hit the live server it is still in development.  Until you have heard something from a portal article, news post, or development blog it isn't final.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
828
[WOLFB]
Members
3,158 posts
7,389 battles

Well they do not normally say promo either I would agree with what radar said if we are talking about stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
340
[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
23,034 battles

Wait it out guys unless it his the DEV Facebook I would take everything here as speculations.   As Radar_X pointed out noting is final.

WG has been really good about giving ships away in campaigns and other means.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[EQRN]
Members
2,131 posts
18,640 battles
1 minute ago, deresistance said:

Wait it out guys unless it his the DEV Facebook I would take everything here as speculations.   As Radar_X pointed out noting is final.

WG has been really good about giving ships away in campaigns and other means.  

Facebook dev blog has been slacking of late!  The forum needs new stuff to rage aboot!  :cap_viking:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

Well, that certainly would be a bizarre use of development dollars. Not to mention that it seems to be a fairly popular ship. I guess I'd wait and see. Something tells me that if it is merely promotional, Witch-a-gate will quickly metastasize, and we'll wind up with it anyway. :P

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,452
[WOLFC]
Members
3,089 posts

I think Promo can be misleading here ... would you believe Atago B is currently listed as a Promo?

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Atago_B

There are actually several ships listed as Promo, which we know is not the case. 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Category:Promo_and_gift_ships

As @Radar_X advises, be patient until its status is announced.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[HIT]
Members
172 posts
10,361 battles

What’s the last ship they gave away that wasn’t available for outright purchase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,452
[WOLFC]
Members
3,089 posts
8 minutes ago, HQ_21 said:

What’s the last ship they gave away that wasn’t available for outright purchase?

I think you're talking about the T3 Charleston ... was originally a promo ship for new players I believe.  Now in the Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
252
[WOLF5]
Members
905 posts
35,705 battles
3 hours ago, HQ_21 said:

What’s the last ship they gave away that wasn’t available for outright purchase?

Dreadnought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,501
[ARGSY]
Members
21,700 posts
15,738 battles
6 hours ago, jeffreywalker74656 said:

According to the wiki http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Wichita USS Wichita is now a promo ship. Kinda sad as I was really looking forward to buying her. Is this actually the case ? She really going to be strictly a promo ? 

I suspect this is a case of accidental cut and paste text from another ship's wiki page template. Chill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,407
[IRNBN]
Members
3,696 posts
10,750 battles
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I suspect this is a case of accidental cut and paste text from another ship's wiki page template.

Good possibility.

Given the impending CVpocalypse, I'd expect the next big event promo to be one of the reworked premium carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
403 posts
16,465 battles
9 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I think Promo can be misleading here ... would you believe Atago B is currently listed as a Promo?

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Atago_B

There are actually several ships listed as Promo, which we know is not the case. 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Category:Promo_and_gift_ships

As @Radar_X advises, be patient until its status is announced.

I think you nailed it. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,043
[BNKR]
Members
1,650 posts
2,806 battles

It also shows Azuma, Lazo, and Irian for 99,999 credits. Those numbers and currency types are all wrong. I wouldn't read much into the Wichita thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,336 posts
16,770 battles
11 hours ago, jeffreywalker74656 said:

According to the wiki http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Wichita USS Wichita is now a promo ship. Kinda sad as I was really looking forward to buying her. Is this actually the case ? She really going to be strictly a promo ? 

:Smile_great:

11 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

well that's dumb, usually WG likes money.

:Smile_great:

11 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

Promotion.  Usually that means give aways for something.

:Smile_great:

10 hours ago, HQ_21 said:

What’s the last ship they gave away that wasn’t available for outright purchase?

:Smile_great:

6 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

Sounds like it will be offered in some way other than a straight cash purchase in the premium shop.   Coal, Steel, campaign reward, etc.  I'm fine with that

:Smile_great:Arsenal or FreeXp  Ship?   Or even a mission Ship it's been been done before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,227
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,246 posts
24,663 battles

Ahh, Wichita.  At first she was going to be great, but she got gutted.

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×