You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

What determines if your WoWS replay will be converted to video?

4 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts
1,298 battles

I've noticed that a couple of the recent replays that I've uploaded to the WoWS replay website have been converted into videos that can be accessed from the Video tab when you click on the replay. It appears to be saved to YouTube. However, there are also some recent ones that haven't been converted into videos. Is there something that determines which replay files are recorded on the website and which ones will just remain as a replay file?

Members
251 posts
16,786 battles
16 hours ago, ComputerWhiz said:

I've noticed that a couple of the recent replays that I've uploaded to the WoWS replay website have been converted into videos that can be accessed from the Video tab when you click on the replay. It appears to be saved to YouTube. However, there are also some recent ones that haven't been converted into videos. Is there something that determines which replay files are recorded on the website and which ones will just remain as a replay file?

The process is managed by a human, so it is subjective.

Higher tier games are much more likely to get made into a video, along with multiple-achievement games.

Additionally, "special" games like having 500 secondary hits or 100 plane kills also tend to be made into videoes.

The main focus is on the overall result of the battle, so replays where there is a funny or epic moment in game are not likely be made (unless the epic moment translates to a lot of damage/kills/achievements)

Members
425 posts
6,467 battles
1 hour ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

The process is managed by a human, so it is subjective.

Higher tier games are much more likely to get made into a video, along with multiple-achievement games.

Additionally, "special" games like having 500 secondary hits or 100 plane kills also tend to be made into videoes.

The main focus is on the overall result of the battle, so replays where there is a funny or epic moment in game are not likely be made (unless the epic moment translates to a lot of damage/kills/achievements)

When looking through some replays that I was in there was only 1 with a video, it happened to be a vid where I shot down 37 planes from a midway in my NC, so I think you are very spot on with needing something out of the ordinary to make it go to video.