You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Yes another t8 mm ? Why buy prem t8?

52 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
1,396 posts

WG we all know t8 mm sucks. 1 out of 10 games your the only t8 in a t10 match. 

So why buy a prem t8 ship? Why spend 50,, 60, or more to get a ship that you will never truly enjoy 9 out of 10 games? I got the Roma on sale. My only t8 prem. Its fun and stealthy But i am never even teir. If i had spent 60 on this it would not be a good email to you. Plus i will not be buying any t8 prem because its not worth it.

Not to leave out tech tree because they get equily screwed. But you could free xp out of them. You buy a ship and that's it.

WG you are hurting your sales with t8 mm!

• Cool 12
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 6

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

There is also Tier 9 premium ships like the Mushashi, the Mighty Mo and the Kronshtadt. 

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

Roma also has good pens which means Tier 10 BB are no big deal.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
473 posts
3,160 battles

If you cant make a tier 8 work in a tier 10, id check your skill level and work on getting better. 

If i had a choice between shooting a Benson or a Gearing, im shooting the gearing first. 

[SALVO]
Members
18,314 posts
18,908 battles
11 minutes ago, Anime_Is_Degeneracy said:

If you cant make a tier 8 work in a tier 10, id check your skill level and work on getting better. 

If i had a choice between shooting a Benson or a Gearing, im shooting the gearing first. 

If equally healthy, yes.  But if the Benson was close to death and 1-2 AP overpens would sink him, while the Gearing was healthy, I'm going to try to remove a DD from the map first.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
473 posts
3,160 battles

I hope thats what you do.

I was talking if it was equal hp. 

Although i wouldn't be in a situation where id get jumped by two dds anyway. 

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles
20 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Roma also has good pens which means Tier 10 BB are no big deal.

Roma can't hit anything reliably at any range and has short range for her tier, making her hard to use in the opening stages of the battle. She is also incredibly weak to CV attack, in particular AP bombs.

That't not mentioning her lack of ability to overmatch many cruisers in her BR bracket, paired with extremely bad HE and a long reload. She does not uptier well, and even at her own tier, you could do better to choose a different ship.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles
22 minutes ago, Anime_Is_Degeneracy said:

Tier VIII's in a tier X match are objectively starting off with a massive handicap. They have less HP, less striking power, less tanking capability, and often worse detection.

Yes, tier VIII's can do well at tier X when handled by a skilled player against incompetent enemies. If the tier X player is of anywhere near equal skill to the tier VIII, the VIII player is almost guaranteed to lose, regardless of the skill level involved. I can be the best Richelieu player in the world, a Yamato will still destroy me with ease. I can be the best Benson player in the world, a Gearing captained by someone near my level will utterly obliterate me regardless of how well I play.

The issue is that its also extremely exhausting to play on the edge of your seat continuously, with the threat of sudden and brutal punishment looming around the corner at any second, because matchmaker saw fit to pit you against ships which are by all metrics, several levels of improvement upon your own. The game works best when ships of the same tier are fighting. +1 is fine for the most part, although sometimes annoying for certain branches. +2 is just exhausting, especially when constantly experienced in the case of VIII.

• Cool 5

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,882 posts

Maybe brawling a Yammy getting close enough to ram...

But bouncing his shells, while citing him to death makes it worth it...

Roma is a great ship.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
473 posts
3,160 battles
3 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

Tier VIII's in a tier X match are objectively starting off with a massive handicap. They have less HP, less striking power, less tanking capability, and often worse detection.

Yes, tier VIII's can do well at tier X when handled by a skilled player against incompetent enemies. If the tier X player is of anywhere near equal skill to the tier VIII, the VIII players is almost guaranteed to lose, regardless of the skill level involved.

I disagree. 

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles
Just now, Anime_Is_Degeneracy said:

I disagree. 

That's fine. It is still an objective fact that the tier VIII player on an equal skill footing with a tier X player, is going to lose more often than not. You can't always plan on your enemies being incompetent, although these days you seemingly can when it comes to your own teams...

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles
3 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Maybe brawling a Yammy getting close enough to ram...

But bouncing his shells, while citing him to death makes it worth it...

Roma is a great ship.

On the rare chance that such an engagement takes place, yes. 

This is more often than not, simply not the case.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,633 posts
2,633 battles

I guess I can see world of tanks tier 8 issue with 3-5-7, but it's exactly what people were asking for. 

Here? Tier doesnt mean as much. Suck it up and do the damage, or dont buy a tier 8 ship. Easy solution to a non-existant problem

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles
6 minutes ago, Anime_Is_Degeneracy said:

Why would you play to the tier X advantage especially as a lower tier player? 

Why would you assume that the tier X player wont simply take the chance to remove a weaker ship from the equation, should the opportunity present itself? It's the same principle as removing ships on lower HP to get their guns out of the game.

Some destroyers are capable of avoiding this with clever concealment play, but in the case of cruisers and battleships, you are expected to operate in roughly the same role as your higher tier counterparts. Cruisers in particular see a wild increase in power between the tiers (including some gaining a degree of protection from overmatch), and a ship such as Yamato will simply trounce an Izumo or Alsace, let alone a tier VIII. 

Higher tier ships are simply more capable, you quite simply often don't have the luxury of avoiding fighting them when uptiered. You can play around your strengths, but again: all it takes is one mistake.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
473 posts
3,160 battles

When i play my 8s DDs and get up tiered, i never allow myself to get in a situation where im in a straight gunfight against a higher tier DD. 

I dont play cruisers or BBs. 

[SALVO]
Members
18,314 posts
18,908 battles
13 minutes ago, Anime_Is_Degeneracy said:

I hope thats what you do.

I was talking if it was equal hp. 

Although i wouldn't be in a situation where id get jumped by two dds anyway. 

Yes, equally healthy, but also at fairly equal distances.  After all, if I had a choice between a DD that was 8-ish km away vs another DD that was 17-ish km away, I'm shooting at the closer one for two reasons.

1. It's more of a threat to me.

2. It's a lot easier land hits on a DD at 8 km vs 17 km.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
426 posts
3,482 battles
Just now, Anime_Is_Degeneracy said:

When i play my 8s DDs and get up tiered, i never allow myself to get in a situation where im in a straight gunfight against a higher tier DD. 

What?

jackgiphy.gif.c3d8dd772e53d598c9a3b3cf9f7657de.gif

[SALVO]
Members
18,314 posts
18,908 battles
2 minutes ago, Anime_Is_Degeneracy said:

I think that this requires a bit more detail.

If I'm in a good tier 8 GUNBOAT DD and I can get in a gunfight against a higher tier non-gunboat (pretty much, just IJN) DD, I'd take that chance in a heartbeat.  Heck, if I'm in my Le Terrible, I don't really mind ending up in gunfights vs most higher tier DDs, except maybe the Harugumo.    In Le Terrible, just engage the Gun Reload Booster and massacre that enemy DD.  I did it to a Gearing just last week.  Blew him away before he had much of any chance to hurt me.  Of course, Le Terrible is a bit of an exception.  Most normal tech tree DDs wouldn't be able to do this.

Members
851 posts
5,266 battles
44 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

There is also Tier 9 premium ships like the Mushashi, the Mighty Mo and the Kronshtadt. 

Are those really considered premiums ? Personally I'd say no but then again I'm just one of the masses.