Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

Preloaded weapons

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

100
[NSEW]
Members
715 posts
9,057 battles

Hello Captains,

 

As per the title; Why aren't the (pre) selected shells/topedoes not already loaded and ready to go at the start?

I don't see the use of it, with only one exception. Allowing the Captain's to choose which to select prior to match starting. 

Even then, shouldn't the Torpedo tubes be ready for DDs? 

Just curious as to the logic behind it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,127 posts
5,955 battles

It's to mainly prevent griefing at the very beginning of a match. How would you like to be a battleship that's really slow to get moving, and die to a spread of friendly torpedoes from the DD that spawned next to you, for whatever reason the DD does or doesn't come up with? Or what if you happen to load in 30 seconds after the match starts, only to find your ship sunk because somebody had torps loaded next to you when the countdown hit zero and decided you should be sunk because you were "AFK"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[HYDRA]
Members
72 posts
9,919 battles

That would benefit only the dds. They don't need that buff.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,734
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,979 posts
4,860 battles

Once upon a time, when there wasn't yet a slightly too sensitive TK system and torpedoes were preloaded, DDs and cruisers ended up killing their own teammates before they could load in. Not loading the torps until the match starts gave people some time to get into the match and start moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,348
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,580 posts
20,107 battles
19 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Hello Captains,

 

As per the title; Why aren't the (pre) selected shells/topedoes not already loaded and ready to go at the start?

I don't see the use of it, with only one exception. Allowing the Captain's to choose which to select prior to match starting. 

Even then, shouldn't the Torpedo tubes be ready for DDs? 

Just curious as to the logic behind it.

 

CBT was the time when you could sail preload into the battle. Then came the griefers and TK's. 

Also: a Shima and Haru with preload torps would be a real big buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[NSEW]
Members
715 posts
9,057 battles
9 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Once upon a time, when there wasn't yet a slightly too sensitive TK system and torpedoes were preloaded, DDs and cruisers ended up killing their own teammates before they could load in. Not loading the torps until the match starts gave people some time to get into the match and start moving.

 

6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

CBT was the time when you could sail preload into the battle. Then came the griefers and TK's. 

Also: a Shima and Haru with preload torps would be a real big buff.

 

9 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Once upon a time, when there wasn't yet a slightly too sensitive TK system and torpedoes were preloaded, DDs and cruisers ended up killing their own teammates before they could load in. Not loading the torps until the match starts gave people some time to get into the match and start moving.

Ah, the TK aspect. What a shame. Logic is now complete. :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,397
[HINON]
Supertester
20,089 posts
13,547 battles
51 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Ah, the TK aspect. What a shame. Logic is now complete. :cap_book:

That logic went out the window with torpedo reload booster on select ships. Harugumo can have a full torpedo broadside loaded 5 seconds into the battle.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[ABCD3]
Members
132 posts
4,808 battles

They are not loaded or armed till deployed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,348
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,580 posts
20,107 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

That logic went out the window with torpedo reload booster on select ships. Harugumo can have a full torpedo broadside loaded 5 seconds into the battle.

Still a waste of the reload booster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,397
[HINON]
Supertester
20,089 posts
13,547 battles
4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Still a waste of the reload booster. 

I doubt griefers would care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,348
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,580 posts
20,107 battles
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

I doubt griefers would care.

That's true. But most griefers prefer low tier ships to piss off new players and because it's faster to grind a T5 then a T8+ when you get your account banned. If they still do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,332 posts
1,475 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

It's to mainly prevent griefing at the very beginning of a match. How would you like to be a battleship that's really slow to get moving, and die to a spread of friendly torpedoes from the DD that spawned next to you, for whatever reason the DD does or doesn't come up with? Or what if you happen to load in 30 seconds after the match starts, only to find your ship sunk because somebody had torps loaded next to you when the countdown hit zero and decided you should be sunk because you were "AFK"?

I loaded in near a Derzki once.  The 22 seconds didn't really helped.

Sucked.  For him, he was already pink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,954
[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Hello Captains,

 

As per the title; Why aren't the (pre) selected shells/topedoes not already loaded and ready to go at the start?

I don't see the use of it, with only one exception. Allowing the Captain's to choose which to select prior to match starting. 

Even then, shouldn't the Torpedo tubes be ready for DDs? 

Just curious as to the logic behind it.

 

 

1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

It's to mainly prevent griefing at the very beginning of a match. How would you like to be a battleship that's really slow to get moving, and die to a spread of friendly torpedoes from the DD that spawned next to you, for whatever reason the DD does or doesn't come up with? Or what if you happen to load in 30 seconds after the match starts, only to find your ship sunk because somebody had torps loaded next to you when the countdown hit zero and decided you should be sunk because you were "AFK"?

 

Besides these reasons, if everyone had guns loaded, then you could fire right way towards the other side on certain maps and possibly hit them before they have moved. If all the guns load, then you have 10-30 seconds to move some before someone drops fire on you. People still get hit sometimes even with the loading delay and it would be worse if the guns were all loaded at the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,397
[HINON]
Supertester
20,089 posts
13,547 battles
20 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

That's true. But most griefers prefer low tier ships to piss off new players and because it's faster to grind a T5 then a T8+ when you get your account banned. If they still do this.

Entirely fair and true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×