You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

1st Legendary Module/Upgrade

19 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,216 posts
12,419 battles

Finally finished at least 1 of the grinds. Just finished Montana. Fitting that my 1st Legendary Module is on my 1st T10 LOL. Just so many things to grind be it ships or missions or campaigns or etc... I never really focused on any of these. Just let them run in the background with an occasional look to see where I was at.

Well I have no ships left to grind (at T10 for all BB, Cruiser, and DD) and no missions or campaigns to finish (done all I can). I noticed yesterday I was 1/2 way on Montana for the LM so decided to go for it. Just finished up. Not even sure I will run it but feels good to finally get at least one of them done.

The rest are in various stages...

• Republique Stage 5
  • Minotaur Stage 5
  • Gearing Stage 5
  • Yamato Stage 2
  • Conqueror Stage 2
  • GK Stage 2
  • Des Moines Stage 2
  • Hindenburg Stage 2
  • Worcester Stage 2
  • Moskva Stage 2
  • Shimakaze Stage 2
  • Zao Stage 1
  • Henri IV Stage 1
  • YueYang Stage 1
  • Z52  Stage 1
  • Grozovoi Stage 1
  • Khabarovsk Stage 1

Holy crap that is still a lot of grinding to do...:Smile_hiding::Smile_veryhappy:

Yh4NhQ8.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF5]
Members
619 posts
22,122 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well I have no ships left to grind (at T10 for all BB, Cruiser, and DD) and no missions or campaigns to finish (done all I can). I noticed yesterday I was 1/2 way on Montana for the LM so decided to go for it. Just finished up. Not even sure I will run it but feels good to finally get at least one of them done.

Pssst Thunder....you've still got CV's to grind. Only 9sh days to get to Tier 10 before they get totally revamped. lol

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,944 posts
7,281 battles

I just got done with Shima's legendary grind. Won't even try to mount that upgrade though, the traverse debuff is too punishing for my gamestyle.

[PVE]
Members
7,216 posts
12,419 battles
8 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Pssst Thunder....you've still got CV's to grind. Only 9sh days to get to Tier 10 before they get totally revamped. lol

Pssst  h9k_a…. NOT! LOL

I "might" try the new ones when they come out but I tried the current system and can't do it with my vision issues.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[RLGN]
Members
9,402 posts
18,804 battles

Lordy...

...and mostly in Co-op as well?

(I’m basically at tier 6-8, with a few 9-10 I’ve barely done any work on the modules with...

...but then that’s also why I have so much game currency. Wonder how many 8-10s I could get for 850mil credits and 3.5mil fxp...)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles

Congrats AT. I'm still on Stage 5 of my single, T10's Legendary Upgrade. :Smile_honoring:

There still is part 3 of the PTS for 8.0 coming up this week. So you can try the new CVs there as well.

Also RU BBs are coming Soontm as well. I'm sure you will get to Soyuz before the patch that they come in ends. :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
7,216 posts
12,419 battles
21 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Lordy...

...and mostly in Co-op as well?

(I’m basically at tier 6-8, with a few 9-10 I’ve barely done any work on the modules with...

...but then that’s also why I have so much game currency. Wonder how many 8-10s I could get for 850mil credits and 3.5mil fxp...)

Actually all in Co-op. Never taken one of my T10's into Random. Wouldn't do that to those who play there. I don't have the PVP skills for beyond T6-T8.

[PVE]
Members
7,216 posts
12,419 battles
17 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Congrats AT. I'm still on Stage 5 of my single, T10's Legendary Upgrade. :Smile_honoring:

There still is part 3 of the PTS for 8.0 coming up this week. So you can try the new CVs there as well.

Also RU BBs are coming Soontm as well. I'm sure you will get to Soyuz before the patch that they come in ends. :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

I have never done the PTS. Just never felt the desire to.

Yeah, I promise to at least wait until the following patch on the RU BB's so you can keep up. :Smile_glasses:

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,393 posts
13,932 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Actually all in Co-op. Never taken one of my T10's into Random. Wouldn't do that to those who play there. I don't have the PVP skills for beyond T6-T8.

The fact you think you don't have the skills tells me you clearly have the skills. There are as many potates at tier 10 as their are in tier 4. Don't be afraid to sniff some randoms, you can always not play them, later.

[WOLF5]
Members
619 posts
22,122 battles
5 minutes ago, Abides said:

The fact you think you don't have the skills tells me you clearly have the skills. There are as many potates at tier 10 as their are in tier 4. Don't be afraid to sniff some randoms, you can always not play them, later.

Thunder's got a decent gunnery eye, but because he's used to playing PVE, he's not going to have the patience for the tentative probing in PVP. He'll be one of the ones charging forth and shooting and getting pinged "Get Back"

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have never done the PTS. Just never felt the desire to.

Yeah, I promise to at least wait until the following patch on the RU BB's so you can keep up. :Smile_glasses:

PTS is just like the regular server, except with less people and new stuff.

Yeah, I'm not going to catch you unless I can find some way to sabotage your computer for a solid year or more. You grind too fast.

3 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Thunder's got a decent gunnery eye, but because he's used to playing PVE, he's not going to have the patience for the tentative probing in PVP. He'll be one of the ones charging forth and shooting and getting pinged "Get Back"

I play more PvP, 1 PvP for every 8-10 PvE games that AT plays. I'm always getting the Get Back message. People in PvP sit still too much.

[EQRN]
Members
648 posts
10,047 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

I ASSumed RN CVs would be the first line of the year with the rework, with RU BBs after that, say April/May.  That stretches my idea of “soon”.  Have you heard something else/new?

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,393 posts
13,932 battles
24 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

anyone that is willing to get better, I'll do anything to help. Heck I need help. Anyone that thinks they know it all and rolls around losing all the time... that's on them. randoms can be brutal, put a sticky note over chat eases the pain. To each his own... But gotta respect a guy that doesn't want to hurt his team. (Even if he is probably better than he realizes)

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
16 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I ASSumed RN CVs would be the first line of the year with the rework, with RU BBs after that, say April/May.  That stretches my idea of “soon”.  Have you heard something else/new?

Well Soontm means from tomorrow to someday :Smile_teethhappy:, but I have not heard anything new. :Smile_teethhappy:

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,358 posts
9,984 battles

Got my Rebub...only one so far...but its very good for CWs but not so good w pubs as the range reduction hurts in bigger maps.

[WOLF5]
Members
619 posts
22,122 battles
14 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I wouldn't bet on the RN CV's being introduced that quickly. Remember for all practical purposes, they've got balance 3 lines between 0.8.0 and 0.8.2 (IJN, US, 4 premium CVs) and give them different flavors. I can't see them adding another nation when they haven't mentioned anything about the premium CVs other than the Kaga and Saipan are moving to T-8 even in the devblog. 

[PVE]
Members
7,216 posts
12,419 battles

Update:

So I finally got around to throwing the Legendary on Montana and trying it. I am not 100% sold on it yet but man is that rudder shift buff from it SWEET! The ship handles a lot more like Vanguard now. I can't believe how much better the ship handles with it. Only 1 game and wasn't the bot's #1 target for once (LOL) so didn't experience the buff for fire/flood repair but I usually spend 3/4 of the game burning so it should help.

I have concerns giving up CSM1 just because when the bots go tag you are it being able to go dark is huge. But it is just a 1.5km difference, nd you spend most of the game detected anyway (just nice NOT to be the 1st thing seen), so...?

Have to say, whether I keep it mounted or not, this seems like a decent module. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,393 posts
13,932 battles

When you get your Zao Leg… omg...Its worth it!

[PVE]
Members
7,216 posts
12,419 battles
9 minutes ago, Abides said:

When you get your Zao Leg… omg...Its worth it!

I am not a big IJN ship fan in the game outside of a few BB's. I am a long way off on Zao's because I just don't play it much but thanks for the heads up.