You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DQCraze

How to stop someone from spamming the whole game?

53 comments in this topic

[WB]
Members
137 posts
9,731 battles

How do you stop a person from spamming i need intelligence data all game long non stop? Isnt there a limit?  The whole team was asking him to stop [edited] wouldnt stop and he was pink so im assuming hes there to irritate and throw matches.  Mute text messages doesnt work on that.  

[WGA]
Administrator
794 posts
454 battles

Hello Captain,

Please send in a ticket to support with screenshots or a replay.

Please do not name and shame them on the forums.

Thanks!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[WB]
Members
137 posts
9,731 battles

Didnt really think about the shaming thing was just wondering if there was a control button to stop the person.

[5IN]
Members
1,929 posts
8,949 battles
2 minutes ago, DQCraze said:

How do you stop a person from spamming i need intelligence data all game long non stop? Isnt there a limit?  The whole team was asking him to stop xxxx  wouldnt stop and he was pink so im assuming hes there to irritate and throw matches.  Mute text messages doesnt work on that.  

Might want to remove the player name from your post as that is against forum policy.

Related to your issue, you can try and disable chat messages from them, shift, right click on player name, disable chat (or something like that... I don't do it often).

It doesn't always seem to work though.  I would be in favor of a limit, like with horns..

B

[5IN]
Members
1,929 posts
8,949 battles

Doh.  Stupid internet connection... disregard... iKami covered it.

B

[WGA]
Administrator
794 posts
454 battles
2 minutes ago, DQCraze said:

Didnt really think about the shaming thing was just wondering if there was a control button to stop the person.

No problem =). 

[PVE]
Members
12,459 posts
8,490 battles
8 minutes ago, DQCraze said:

How do you stop a person from spamming i need intelligence data all game long non stop? Isnt there a limit?  The whole team was asking him to stop [edited] wouldnt stop and he was pink so im assuming hes there to irritate and throw matches.  Mute text messages doesnt work on that.  

I usually tell them something like "Yes, your F-Keys are working". They usually stop.

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,842 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I usually tell them something like "Yes, your F-Keys are working". They usually stop.

While I will not call you a liar,  I can't imagine someone that wants to be annoying and spam to just stop because of a single phrase said by a person.  In fact I would think the opposite.  They would do it more

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,416 posts
18,821 battles

My F keys have never worked; I have to ‘control B’ to get the message pop up.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,459 posts
8,490 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

17 minutes ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

While I will not call you a liar,  I can't imagine someone that wants to be annoying and spam to just stop because of a single phrase said by a person.  In fact I would think the opposite.  They would do it more

See the bolded part above. Most will stop, but some just want to be a pain. Send in screenshots and a replay for those.

BTW, I'm also a co-op main, so people in co-op tend to be nicer. Even when the spam F-keys. :)

Edited by Kizarvexis

[WB]
Members
137 posts
9,731 battles

Well there is no limit for someone spamming the F keys i found out, so if you want to you can just hit it an unlimited amount of time, for the entire match which is what this person did. People actually went afk on our team so we lost the match. Oh well lesson learned next time ill just quit the game and take the hit and go play something else for awhile, and yes im a premium member and frequent customer, i can spend my money elsewhere.

Edited by DQCraze
  • Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,795 posts
6,596 battles

Never mind.

Edited by JCC45

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,580 posts
20,158 battles

I think it's time to repost this one

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,195 battles
40 minutes ago, DQCraze said:

kill him yourself....:Smile_amazed:

one player was spamming how idiot and shity we were play...despite we were winning...:Smile_amazed: couldn't understand the motive of his rant...but then again he was on the far east edge of the map not even engaging the enemy....he barely even made 100 dmg by the end of the game. 

so why people spam stupid things is beyond me.  i was to tempted to tell the team not to kill the last enemy so i can go after and sink that idiot myself.  :Smile_facepalm:

[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
4,970 battles

My usual response when captains go crazy hitting every F-key at the beginning is to type in chat;

"Slowly...back...away...from...the...keyboard!   ;-))  "

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
45 minutes ago, iKami said:

Hello Captain,

Please send in a ticket to support with screenshots or a replay.

Please do not name and shame them on the forums.

Thanks!

SUPPORT???? Riiight! That is the funniest joke I have heard all day.

Not everyone thinks of taking a screen shot ...and some, like me, have THREE monitors... you ever seen a screen shot from a system like that? Even if you edit it, the wanted screen shot is too small to be of any use.

Further... I'd rather put my faith in God than the so called "support"... but we shall see.

• Bad 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Its tough when the spammer is on your team... I've NEVER TKed on purpose...but it been close, LOL. 

I've said before, and I still think its true, that 99% its someone who is chat banned taking it out on everyone. I was in a game with one who lucky for us was on the Reds...I say lucky because as soon as he got spotted the entire team opened up on him....He died, shut up, and we got on with the game...

The end. 

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
18 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

My usual response when captains go crazy hitting every F-key at the beginning is to type in chat;

"Slowly...back...away...from...the...keyboard!   ;-))  "

mine:
"I need Intel data"

=Google it!

"I need support"

=Buy a Bra!

:)

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
15 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

I think it's time to repost this one

Very funny, I actually liked it. Pity it will be well past its use by date after 0.8.0 drops... unlimited planes... right?

• Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,580 posts
20,158 battles
10 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Very funny, I actually liked it. Pity it will be well past its use by date after 0.8.0 drops... unlimited planes... right?

AFAIK they made a 3 minute music clip about it somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

[JASH]
Members
3,603 posts
9,203 battles

Let me guess, are the words "Troll" or "Reroll" perchance used in the offender's IGN?  Beep...That was a great battle! :Smile_trollface:

Edited by MrKilmister